Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

I seem to remember this being a common issue around launch. If I remember correctly, Nintendo went so far as to replace some people’s joy cons if they couldn’t solve the issue. I’m surprised to hear that they’re not making that offer to you. How long have you had your console? Is the issue specific to any certain game?

I've had it since March but it only just started happening last month since I am a very infrequent gamer. No specific game. It's happened with Kart and Zelda many times.

I seem to remember this being a common issue around launch. If I remember correctly, Nintendo went so far as to replace some people’s joy cons if they couldn’t solve the issue. I’m surprised to hear that they’re not making that offer to you. How long have you had your console? Is the issue specific to any certain game?

That is not the issue here, that was when the left joycon was was detached from the unit and not in handheld mode.

I haven’t heard of this issue before and I don’t know what else to offer besides keep bugging Nintendo.

Alas, I'm glad I posted in here. Maybe a higher up will see this and it'll light a fire under their you know what to get it fixed. I know I'm not the only one on the planet with the issue which is relieving. Hopefully a future update will suffice.

The Switch should still have its warranty considering it's been out for less than a year. I'd send it in for repair. My left joy-con had some issues with the control stick going off sync, so I sent it in for free and it got fixed in a week.

Zelda's second DLC Expansion, The Champions Ballad has been released during The Game Awards.

EDIT: Bayonetta, and Bayonetta 2 are coming to the Switch in February, as Bayonetta 3 is now in development exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:
Breath of the Wild won game of the year!!!!!!!! :D
Zelda's second DLC Expansion, The Champions Ballad has been released during The Game Awards.

EDIT: Bayonetta, and Bayonetta 2 are coming to the Switch in February, as Bayonetta 3 is now in development exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.

I’m starting to wonder if I should get into Bayonetta at this point.

Bayonetta 2 was good, visually stunning, really showed what the WiiU was capable of. The game is a tad repetitive though. Outlast is coming to Switch as well.

Anyway, got the Switch for my daughter's Christmas, can't wait for her to open it. Bought Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Dragon Ball Xenofighter 2 and Ittle Dew 2. As a treat for myself I got Doom, and I might still get something called Lumo.

Looks like a lot of great games will come soon as well.

Bayonetta 2 was good, visually stunning, really showed what the WiiU was capable of. The game is a tad repetitive though. Outlast is coming to Switch as well.

Anyway, got the Switch for my daughter's Christmas, can't wait for her to open it. Bought Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Dragon Ball Xenofighter 2 and Ittle Dew 2. As a treat for myself I got Doom, and I might still get something called Lumo.

Looks like a lot of great games will come soon as well.
I’d suggest Mario + Rabbids. It’s a really good game.

Breath of the Wild won game of the year!!!!!!!! :D

I’m starting to wonder if I should get into Bayonetta at this point.
I mean, now is the perfect time. The first two games releasing on Switch with a third on the horizon. It's a fantastic series; the first is really fun, but a bit flawed at times, whereas the second is nearly perfect.

I’d suggest Mario + Rabbids. It’s a really good game.
Might get that eventually, there are some indie titles I am interested as well, such as Axiom Verge and Binding of Isaac. And of course, Wolfenstein when it comes out. It is amazing how quickly the Switch library is building. Rumor has it Bandai Namco might announce more Switch games soon as well, and it is also rumored Titan Quest is coming to Switch.

What does Mario + Rabbids play like? Is it akin to something like Pikmin? Might get it in half a year when she turns 14, as she loved Pikmin 3.

Might get that eventually, there are some indie titles I am interested as well, such as Axiom Verge and Binding of Isaac. And of course, Wolfenstein when it comes out. It is amazing how quickly the Switch library is building. Rumor has it Bandai Namco might announce more Switch games soon as well, and it is also rumored Titan Quest is coming to Switch.

What does Mario + Rabbids play like? Is it akin to something like Pikmin? Might get it in half a year when she turns 14, as she loved Pikmin 3.
People have said it plays a lot like XCOM. It’s a turn based strategy game.

I don't think I ever played a turned based strategy game. Heard of XCom though.

Switch is definitely up to a great start, and well, if it can run Doom, then it can run anything, as I know that engine is one of the most demanding ones. What interest me a lot is that there are more Japanese games coming, I am interested in Disgea for instance, that looks great.

I don't think I ever played a turned based strategy game. Heard of XCom though.

Switch is definitely up to a great start, and well, if it can run Doom, then it can run anything, as I know that engine is one of the most demanding ones. What interest me a lot is that there are more Japanese games coming, I am interested in Disgea for instance, that looks great.

It "runs" Doom.

It "runs" Doom.
Yes, it does. Maybe not as well as other consoles but you know,
3199076-img_8820.jpg

Yeah...

All I know is that I’m having a lot of fun with the game and that I’m able to take it with me when I leave the house.

Last edited:
When I played Doom 3, it was on a Dell Dimension 3000, only graphics expansion was through regular PCI slot, best card available for that was the Geforce 5200. I overclocked the Geforce, helped a little. Anyway, for the most part it ran ok, though in very busy parts framerate got close to single digits. But you, I still had fun and loved it.

I like good graphics, but I find it sad that for some it is the most important thing, to the point it is all they can talk about; this is also why I haver always liked Nintendo, they often focus on stuff other than power. Heck, I remember for the NES they had the power mat, you would walk on it to move your character. That said, I do hope that eventually they have a more powerful Switch with the newer Geforce architecture, but well, I am glad they use Nvidia GPUs rather than AMD ones.

When I played Doom 3, it was on a Dell Dimension 3000, only graphics expansion was through regular PCI slot, best card available for that was the Geforce 5200. I overclocked the Geforce, helped a little. Anyway, for the most part it ran ok, though in very busy parts framerate got close to single digits. But you, I still had fun and loved it.

I like good graphics, but I find it sad that for some it is the most important thing, to the point it is all they can talk about; this is also why I haver always liked Nintendo, they often focus on stuff other than power. Heck, I remember for the NES they had the power mat, you would walk on it to move your character. That said, I do hope that eventually they have a more powerful Switch with the newer Geforce architecture, but well, I am glad they use Nvidia GPUs rather than AMD ones.
That’ll likely be the Switch 2. I don’t think there’ll be a “Switch Pro.”

That’ll likely be the Switch 2. I don’t think there’ll be a “Switch Pro.”

To be honest, I actually can see something similar to what the 3DS happened, updating it every few years to accommodate updates to hardware improvements, thus allowing game developers to get more on-board with the hybrid.

Not to mention, there would already be a good possibility, with the collaboration with Nividia, I can see them upgrade the console to have new versions of the Tegra.

To be honest, I actually can see something similar to what the 3DS happened, updating it every few years to accommodate updates to hardware improvements, thus allowing game developers to get more on-board with the hybrid.

Not to mention, there would already be a good possibility, with the collaboration with Nividia, I can see them upgrade the console to have new versions of the Tegra.
The 3DS saw so many revisions because each one they made saw rising sales. There’s a lot Nintendo had to do to “save” it. With the Switch this isn’t the case. The most I see happening is a portable only “Switch mini.” I expect that to come alongside Pokémon.

Remember, Nintendo is treating this like a home console. Their home consoles never see a lot of revisions.

The 3DS saw so many revisions because each one they made saw rising sales. There’s a lot Nintendo had to do to “save” it. With the Switch this isn’t the case. The most I see happening is a portable only “Switch mini.” I expect that to come alongside Pokémon.

Remember, Nintendo is treating this like a home console. Their home consoles never see a lot of revisions.

Then that draws back to the fact that both Microsoft and Sony, have done updated versions of their consoles to match the market, with the Playstation 4 Slim and Xbox One S while similar to their original versions, updated it's design and as for the XOS, it added onto it the ability of 4K Blu-Ray and HDR.

The Playstation 4 slim (and the Pro, which brought graphical power up), while not adding a 4K Blu-Ray player, did add HDR support in the process. I don't think we should rule out Nintendo wanting to add more power to it's hybrid console, which is being projected more now to do sales of a handheld as opposed to a home console.

Then that draws back to the fact that both Microsoft and Sony, have done updated versions of their consoles to match the market, with the Playstation 4 Slim and Xbox One S while similar to their original versions, updated it's design and as for the XOS, it added onto it the ability of 4K Blu-Ray and HDR.

The Playstation 4 slim (and the Pro, which brought graphical power up), while not adding a 4K Blu-Ray player, did add HDR support in the process. I don't think we should rule out Nintendo wanting to add more power to it's hybrid console, which is being projected more now to do sales of a handheld as opposed to a home console.
Since when does Nintendo care about the competition?