Nintendo Switch | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well played Mike S! It really wasn’t a bad system. But I’m glad Nintendo is back in a big way. It looks as if they’ll be competing with themselves for GOTY. Can’t wait to finally play tomorrow
Soon I’ll box it and save it.

Who knows, someday it could be the next Dreamcast.

God, I wish I had kept mine, but most the support arms had broken tabs so I ended up getting rid of it. :(
However, I do still have my Hoth playset, tauntaun, snowspeeder, and snow monster. :thumbsup:
Had the hot play set but it and the snow speeder didn't make it, the death star made it because it was grand ma's. It survived along with a Jawa Transport and a Darth Vader figurine case with the main cast sans some blasters. It's all in the attic still with my first JR 50 Suzuki dirt bike thats still in fans to shape but my son outgrew it, so it waits for the grandkid(s)

A also have a GI Joe USS Flagg and about 40 other GI Joe things including some of the special order stuff.

My Milinium Falcon , X wing and Vader Tie fighter didn't survive their wars with GI Joe.

Been playing Super Mario Odyssey. Its exactly what I wanted Galaxy to be but wasn't. A proper successor to the Mario 64/Sunshine sandbox style. Game is awesome BTW!

Reactions: Mike S
Been playing Super Mario Odyssey. Its exactly what I wanted Galaxy to be but wasn't. A proper successor to the Mario 64/Sunshine sandbox style. Game is awesome BTW!
For me I still prefer Galaxy but that may be due to my personal experience with the game. I had no idea about it before I just saw it in a store shortly after getting my Wii. The whole experience was completely fresh as I hadn’t seen anything before hand. Even though Odyssey goes back to sandbox levels and Galaxy was more linear the levels in Galaxy still somehow felt larger in scale. I really don’t know why. I love me some good boss fights too and the sheer variety from the Galaxy games remains unsurpassed by any Mario game. The variety of locations in Odyssey do seem to take a que from Galaxy though which I really like.

Don’t get me wrong, I still really like Odyssey (possibly more than 64 and Sunshine), but Galaxy is still my favorite. It just felt like such an epic adventure.

Mario Odyssey is so fun. I’m not much of a gamer, and when I usually get a game, I almost have to talk myself into playing it. It kind of happened with Zelda BOTW (but I hope to revisit it when I’m done with Odyssey). But not with this one. Can’t put it down when I’m playing.

Played it in portable mode last night for the first time. This game was meant to be played on a TV though. Just a beautiful looking game.

When I went to pick it up last week, Target had a bunch of bundles on the shelf. Seeing that and a recent post on Reddit made me think how that would be such a cool thing to be a kid and to open it Christmas morning. I have a lot of great memories of opening N64 and GameCube on Christmas morning.

So the question I ask is; was it better being a kid opening these consoles or being an adult and being able to buy them yourself? It’s conforting knowing I have the console but nothing beats that feeling of unwrapping a new console. I have great memories of opening GameCube. I wanted it so bad and I wasn’t sure if I was getting it. Needless to say I got it, along with Luigi’s Mansion and Smash Bros. Probably my favorite Christmas of all time.

Mario Odyssey is so fun. I’m not much of a gamer, and when I usually get a game, I almost have to talk myself into playing it. It kind of happened with Zelda BOTW (but I hope to revisit it when I’m done with Odyssey). But not with this one. Can’t put it down when I’m playing.

Played it in portable mode last night for the first time. This game was meant to be played on a TV though. Just a beautiful looking game.

When I went to pick it up last week, Target had a bunch of bundles on the shelf. Seeing that and a recent post on Reddit made me think how that would be such a cool thing to be a kid and to open it Christmas morning. I have a lot of great memories of opening N64 and GameCube on Christmas morning.

So the question I ask is; was it better being a kid opening these consoles or being an adult and being able to buy them yourself? It’s conforting knowing I have the console but nothing beats that feeling of unwrapping a new console. I have great memories of opening GameCube. I wanted it so bad and I wasn’t sure if I was getting it. Needless to say I got it, along with Luigi’s Mansion and Smash Bros. Probably my favorite Christmas of all time.

This is a great question!

For me I’m more a fan of my current situation where I buy myself on launch day and follow along with the hype of unboxing videos, online reviews, etc.

I can still remember how excited I was during Christmas opening all my new game systems through the years. Also going to Toys R Us and Sears and seeing the game section and getting all excited during Christmas. Video Games were a huge part of my childhood so nothing will ever beat those days.

Zelda has it beat for me. After playing more this is easily my third favorite 3D Mario after the Galaxy games.

Mario was my first official video game/ path to video game so there are SO many references and odes that as a Mario fan I picked up immediately. It felt like a love letter by Nintendo to Mario fans. Plus I'll be honest, I didnt like BOTW as much as everyone else, still a great game though.

Reactions: captainmoch
Mario was my first official video game/ path to video game so there are SO many references and odes that as a Mario fan I picked up immediately. It felt like a love letter by Nintendo to Mario fans. Plus I'll be honest, I didnt like BOTW as much as everyone else, still a great game though.
Zelda is a fantastic game but it falls short in a few areas that Zelda is known for, such as underwhelming dungeons and a complete lack of story. On the other hand, Mario is basically everything I've ever wanted out of a Mario game and more. So I think I have to give Odyssey the props.

So far, my GOTY ranking would be:
1) Super Mario Odyssey
2) Persona 5
3) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4) Sonic Mania
5) Metroid: Samus Returns

I've yet to play Nier: Automata, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and (obviously) Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon or Xenoblade 2, so that's still subject to change.

Zelda is a fantastic game but it falls short in a few areas that Zelda is known for, such as underwhelming dungeons and a complete lack of story. On the other hand, Mario is basically everything I've ever wanted out of a Mario game and more. So I think I have to give Odyssey the props.

So far, my GOTY ranking would be:
1) Super Mario Odyssey
2) Persona 5
3) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4) Sonic Mania
5) Metroid: Samus Returns

I've yet to play Nier: Automata, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and (obviously) Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon or Xenoblade 2, so that's still subject to change.
The world of Hyrule itself was enough to overtake the game’s flaws. It felt like my own adventure.

Reactions: captainmoch
The world of Hyrule itself was enough to overtake the game’s flaws. It felt like my own adventure.
Don't get me wrong, the world of Hyrule is breathtaking in BOTW. But Odyssey is definitely the complete package for me. Both are very valid GOTY contenders.