Nintendo Switch | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks great!Is this the first Switch game using Unreal?

As far as I understand, other games have been using the UE for Switch in past.

I am going to say this, SMTV looks absolutely stunning, and that considering that this is coming from the same company responsible for Persona 5, I am almost thinking this will be a fascinating game to look at.

And as another thing, it shows confidence to me on the Switch's potential graphical fidelity and also how a company as notable in the industry like Atlus is wanting to make their big fifth game of the SMT series an exclusive for Nintendo. It's fascinating, and it makes me interested on what other companies in Japan and internationally do with the hardware of the console.

As far as I understand, other games have been using the UE for Switch in past.

I am going to say this, SMTV looks absolutely stunning, and that considering that this is coming from the same company responsible for Persona 5, I am almost thinking this will be a fascinating game to look at.

And as another thing, it shows confidence to me on the Switch's potential graphical fidelity and also how a company as notable in the industry like Atlus is wanting to make their big fifth game of the SMT series an exclusive for Nintendo. It's fascinating, and it makes me interested on what other companies in Japan and internationally do with the hardware of the console.
SMT as a series has been Nintendo exclusive for a while now so it’s not really that surprising.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
This guy is supposedly trustworthy so here’s some Nintendo related rumors.
-A sequel to a 3DS game is coming to Switch. Remember what was said about new character inclusion for Smash.
-Netflix (but not Hulu) is coming Q1. Announcement will be tied with a Netflix-produced show.
-Themes will arrive with a Dec. 25 update. Free if you own the game or amiibo.
-Metroid Prime 4 will have a subtitle that people know, Q4 at the earliest. First footage in January Direct.
-Little Mac was almost in ARMS. There's a reason he's not.
-A new spinoff is coming exclusively to the eShop using assets from a game already released
NeoGAF

Metroid Prime 4 in 2018 would be amazing.

Last edited:
Very excited for Mario Odyssey. Preordered it at GameStop. I never pre-order games either. This was pretty much why I got the Switch. Zelda is good but I was always a bigger Mario fan.

And if you don’t have a Switch yet and want one, I think now is the time. I’ve been seeing them pretty regularly at Target. I have a feeling that will change once the holiday season gets closer.

All games? Because I tried to look that up online and found nothing. I think my dad has prime.

Yes, it used to be all games you pre-ordered AND 2 weeks after their release. Now it's just games that are pre-ordered.

That being said, I saw that there was some deal on Nintendo of Japan, that worked out to $51 for a digital copy. You just have to jump through some hoops.
After tax, my amazon order shipped for $55.00.

I prefer physical, basically because I know Nintendo games rarely lose value, and eventually gain value over time.

I feel like I have you guys all beat. I traded in my Wii U and games and put it towards Mario so I payed nothing for it!

But i would have had no problem paying full price for this game. I don’t see myself hooking up Wii U again. I should have done it sooner to be honest. It was hard to part with Smash Bros but I’m hopeful a port of Wii U or even a new version comes out next year.

Reactions: Mike S
I feel like I have you guys all beat. I traded in my Wii U and games and put it towards Mario so I payed nothing for it!

But i would have had no problem paying full price for this game. I don’t see myself hooking up Wii U again. I should have done it sooner to be honest. It was hard to part with Smash Bros but I’m hopeful a port of Wii U or even a new version comes out next year.
I beat you. I kept my Wii U and traded in my sister’s Wii U that she won in a contest to get money off of buying the Switch in the first place ;)

I beat you. I kept my Wii U and traded in my sister’s Wii U that she won in a contest to get money off of buying the Switch in the first place ;)

Well played Mike S! It really wasn’t a bad system. But I’m glad Nintendo is back in a big way. It looks as if they’ll be competing with themselves for GOTY. Can’t wait to finally play tomorrow

Reactions: Mike S