Nintendo Switch | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don't get me wrong, the world of Hyrule is breathtaking in BOTW. But Odyssey is definitely the complete package for me. Both are very valid GOTY contenders.
To me Odyssey feels a lot like Mario 64 which makes it feel a little, familiar. Not to mention the sandbox levels were smaller than I thought they’d be. That’s not totally bad though.

Zelda on the other hand felt totally fresh and made me feel like the world was mine to explore as much as I wanted.

I’d love it if for the next Mario they went back to actually trying with 2D. If this interview actually leads to a 2D Mario using the classic art style from box art I’d be ecstatic.
Miyamoto on creating new styles of 2D Mario art, interest in having classic games on Switch - Nintendo Everything

We need a new 2D Mario that pushes the boundary in the way BOTW and Odyssey are. We haven't gotten a new art style for 2D Mario since 2006. The last mainline 2D Mario game was New Super Luigi U, in 2013, which was basically an expansion of the fourth New Super Mario Bros game, which was already super stale. 2D Mario really needs a huge rejuvenation.

We need a new 2D Mario that pushes the boundary in the way BOTW and Odyssey are. We haven't gotten a new art style for 2D Mario since 2006. The last mainline 2D Mario game was New Super Luigi U, in 2013, which was basically an expansion of the fourth New Super Mario Bros game, which was already super stale. 2D Mario really needs a huge rejuvenation.
I say give the next 2D Mario to Retro. I think Miyamoto said a while ago that they should soon be big enough to do more than one game at once.

I say give the next 2D Mario to Retro. I think Miyamoto said a while ago that they should soon be big enough to do more than one game at once.
2D Mario from a western studio would be super interesting. After Retro's fantastic work on Tropical Freeze, I'd love to see them tackle Nintendo's #1 platformer.

Reactions: Mike S
Finished Mario Odyssey the other night and I loved it. I am still playing since there is still stuff to do. I want to try and get back in to Zelda, but the world is just so big I feel like I’m wandering around aimlessly and not advancing the story. I’m also puzzled at how to get different clothing upgrades

2D Mario from a western studio would be super interesting. After Retro's fantastic work on Tropical Freeze, I'd love to see them tackle Nintendo's #1 platformer.
Actually, after playing another one of the 2D levels that are unlocked after the story I say let the Odyssey team make an entire spinoff game out of those like they did with 3D World and Captain Toad. Retro could also make Super Mario Bros. 5 in the art style I mentioned before.

Both Zelda and Mario are fantastic. I have an internal struggle what to play on a daily basis. Since I had been playing Zelda for almost 2 months straight (103 shrines found, and the 4 beast dungeons completed so far), I've been leaning more toward Mario. Which I just finished the majority of New Donk City last night. Both games could be GOTY, depending on how I feel that day.

Best Buy pickups from today include DOOM for Switch and the Majora’s Mask Link Amiibo, my first Amiibo, for $62.

Thanks Gamer’s Club :)

Maybe an unpopular opinion - but even as a huge Mario fan I thought BOTW was better than Odyssey. I think BOTW has so much more to do and, is overall, just so much more fun than Odyssey

Personally, Odyssey takes the cake for me. It has the best every elements of every 3D Mario AND includes a ton of new elements as well. It's basically the perfect Mario game. Zelda is a great game... but it has some pretty big flaws, IMO.

Reactions: chris.g
It just gets more and more obvious that the Switch is the successor to the 3DS.

I am curious to see how it looks on HD, especially as it's pretty much of a hybrid console/handheld. I am excited, and that I am more waiting out until a few more third party companies step in (which, is seeming like it's happening).

Edit: Kotaku UK is reporting of two compilations of the Ace Attorney franchise is in development, with the new game to launch on the Switch and on Mobile devices.

Last edited:
Haven't posted on the forums [just like reading] since I was a teen but this is troubling me to the point of insanity...

Anyone with a Switch have the problem where the left joy-con disconnects and reconnects frequently while in a game? This is only when the joy-con's are attached to the panel/screen. Nintendo has been of zero help the three times I've called. Please someone tell me they know how to fix this!

Haven't posted on the forums [just like reading] since I was a teen but this is troubling me to the point of insanity...

Anyone with a Switch have the problem where the left joy-con disconnects and reconnects frequently while in a game? This is only when the joy-con's are attached to the panel/screen. Nintendo has been of zero help the three times I've called. Please someone tell me they know how to fix this!

It only happens when it's connected in handheld mode? Not when they're detached or on the JoyCon grip?

Yeah only handheld. Works in every other configuration!
I seem to remember this being a common issue around launch. If I remember correctly, Nintendo went so far as to replace some people’s joy cons if they couldn’t solve the issue. I’m surprised to hear that they’re not making that offer to you. How long have you had your console? Is the issue specific to any certain game?