Nintendo Switch | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's one heck of a rumor.
The rumor-y part I think is really just the Metroid part. The research that was done probably does prove that Bandai Namco Singapore is indeed full of ex LucasArts devs since this is based on job listings.

You really have to wonder now if Prime 4 is part of the 3 exclusives Bandai Namco said that they’re releasing this year.

They mentioned in the article that there doesn't seem to be a set deadline for the game yet.

I do think we'll get a Tales of this year, and that if anything, they could do a timed exclusive for Switch and then PS4/PC later on.

EDIT:

I was posting that due to how TB is a known brand in the indie community
Oh. Well getting back to Metroid if Prime 4 isn’t this year which I always thought it wouldn’t be it would make sense if they released the original Trilogy on Switch. Maybe even a full HD remaster.

I think Bayonetta 3 is more likely this year, and have Metroid 4 for Holiday 2019, and Pokemon and Bayonetta for Holiday 2018.

Hoping the Call of Duty rumor is true as well, wish they'd remaster the Original COD Modern Warfare as well.

Pillars of Eternity 2 is coming as well, looks like a great RPG.

Anyway, I am still playing Odyssey, am in the Luncheon Kingdom which I find annoying lol, I love the game though. And in Doom I am stuck on the second part of the Cyber Demon.

Pepper (my daughter, 14 on the first of June) already finished Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Cat Quest and Oxenfree.

I think Bayonetta 3 is more likely this year, and have Metroid 4 for Holiday 2019, and Pokemon and Bayonetta for Holiday 2018.
Metroid isn’t really a “holiday” title. If it’s next year it’s more likely to be around summer or fall.
Hoping the Call of Duty rumor is true as well, wish they'd remaster the Original COD Modern Warfare as well.

Pillars of Eternity 2 is coming as well, looks like a great RPG.

Anyway, I am still playing Odyssey, am in the Luncheon Kingdom which I find annoying lol, I love the game though. And in Doom I am stuck on the second part of the Cyber Demon.

Pepper (my daughter, 14 on the first of June) already finished Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Cat Quest and Oxenfree.
By “finished” do you mean 100%? The Cyber Demon gave me hell also but eventually I beat him.

Metroid isn’t really a “holiday” title. If it’s next year it’s more likely to be around summer or fall.

By “finished” do you mean 100%? The Cyber Demon gave me hell also but eventually I beat him.
In Zelda, no, not 100%, though she is still playing it . She did do all divine beasts. She liked the game, except she wished there was more of an ending to it.

Problem with the cyber demon is that I am out of BFG ammo, there is one reload in the second part though. I have played most of the game so far on hurt me plenty, except for some frustrating stuff, anyway, eventually I'll beat him, starting to get use to jumping over that one attack he has, now it is just finding proper weapon tactics.

Reactions: Mike S
In Zelda, no, not 100%, though she is still playing it . She did do all divine beasts. She liked the game, except she wished there was more of an ending to it.

Problem with the cyber demon is that I am out of BFG ammo, there is one reload in the second part though. I have played most of the game so far on hurt me plenty, except for some frustrating stuff, anyway, eventually I'll beat him, starting to get use to jumping over that one attack he has, now it is just finding proper weapon tactics.
I went through the same you did. Hang in there!!!

Reactions: anihilnation
A new 2D Mario is a shoe in. They mostly sell great. I just hope they do something more ambitious than another NSMB.
Heck, I could see 2D Mario being this year's big, Odyssey-level style game. 2D Mario historically sells much better than 3D Mario so they're definitely going to want it on there sooner rather than later, and if they do something truly ambitious like Odyssey, it'd sell gangbusters. Plus, it's been nearly 5 years since the last true 2D Mario, and that was the fifth New Super Mario Bros. game... it's time for something fresh.

Reactions: Mike S
Heck, I could see 2D Mario being this year's big, Odyssey-level style game. 2D Mario historically sells much better than 3D Mario so they're definitely going to want it on there sooner rather than later, and if they do something truly ambitious like Odyssey, it'd sell gangbusters. Plus, it's been nearly 5 years since the last true 2D Mario, and that was the fifth New Super Mario Bros. game... it's time for something fresh.

I would love it but I don’t think we’ll see it this year. I think it’s unlikely they'll do 2 big Mario releases 2 years in a row. I think this year, Nintendo will bank on its other properties and maybe we’ll see 2D Mario next year.