Nintendo Switch | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would love it but I don’t think we’ll see it this year. I think it’s unlikely they'll do 2 big Mario releases 2 years in a row. I think this year, Nintendo will bank on its other properties and maybe we’ll see 2D Mario next year.
2011:
latest

2012:
cover_large.jpg

and,
1.jpg

2013:
250px-Box_NA_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png

The 2D games and 3D games are done by different teams and with the most recent releases Nintendo seems to like releasing both types in the first two calendar years of a new systems life.

Oh, and one more note, Super Mario Galaxy 2 came out on the Wii in 2010 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii in 2009.

Wow. I never realized how annualized Mario became in this period of time until now. I guess it has to do with skipping the NSMB games and how they were all spread across different systems.

Last edited:
Have you used the new motion aiming? I tried it out a bit but since I already beat the game the update was a little late.
Briefly, but switched back to regular. I just tried it with the joycon attached to the grip, have to try it one day when they are detached. The motion control did seem more fluid than in RE: Revelations, where it is kind of slow.

Reactions: Mike S
Got to play with the Labo...its so ****ing next level.

But still waiting for Animal Crossing, Professor Layton, Yokai Watch, and Pokemon. (Also would love Persona 6 in the style of Persona 5 on switch)

Edit:sorry for language but it truly is awesome

Last edited:
What’s everyone playing on this? I’ve been looking for something to play. I definitely plan on getting DK Tropical Freeze when it comes out but that’s not until May.

I’ve been contemplating just starting BOTW from scratch. Put in a decent amount of time on it but feel like I haven’t advanced the story in any way. I’ve gotten any hearts, no suit upgrades. I’m just roaming aimlessly. Open world games aren’t my thing. I loved Odyssey so much because of the sandbox environments

What’s everyone playing on this? I’ve been looking for something to play. I definitely plan on getting DK Tropical Freeze when it comes out but that’s not until May.

I’ve been contemplating just starting BOTW from scratch. Put in a decent amount of time on it but feel like I haven’t advanced the story in any way. I’ve gotten any hearts, no suit upgrades. I’m just roaming aimlessly. Open world games aren’t my thing. I loved Odyssey so much because of the sandbox environments
I’m playing Odyssey’s Balloon World.

I’m playing Skyrim after dismissing it as ‘not my cup of tea’ since it’s release 6 years ago. It’s a bit good, isn’t it!! So nice on the Switch, I’d never get enough TV time at home to have completed this or BOTW in the past 12 months. This special little console has truly revolutionised how I can slot gaming into my life again.

Another Direct, means another set of predictions.

3DS predictions:
- A reminder that the Detective Pikachu game exists.
- That Sushi Striker game shown all the way back at E3 last year gets re-announced, available on the eShop now.
- Random third party stuff, mostly from Atlus.
- One out of nowhere 3DS game gets announced. Something along the lines of that rumored Link's Awakening 3DS remake, or another Pokemon spinoff .

Switch predictions:
- A reminder that Kirby Star Allies exists and has a demo out.
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition gets a western release date for April 13th.
- Super Mario Odyssey Kingdom DLC is confirmed, with two new kingdoms coming out over the course of a few months.
- Nintendo Labo, Donkey Kong, and Dark Souls are all not featured as they're not out for a while and have nothing new to show.
- Mario Tennis Aces gets decent spotlight, showing new courses, modes, and characters, including Pauline. Release date is June 15th.
- Yoshi is re-revealed with a final title, new gameplay mechanics, adorable graphics, and a July release date.
- Project Octopath Traveler gets shown off with a final name (which is just... Octopath Traveler) and a July release date.
- Fire Emblem Switch is finally shown off with a cinematic trailer featuring a bit of gameplay, and the game is confirmed for a vague August window.
- On the port front, Switch ports of Diablo 3 and Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy are confirmed, and the Wolfenstein II and TWEWY ports are given release dates.
- And lastly, the Direct ends with one final surprise. Animal Crossing, Super Smash Bros., or Super Mario Maker. JUST one of those three, confirmed for a September release, to coincide with Nintendo's online. Personally, I predict Smash will be the big surprise, but the other two seem equally possible.

3DS predictions:
- A reminder that the Detective Pikachu game exists.
- That Sushi Striker game shown all the way back at E3 last year gets re-announced, available on the eShop now.
- Random third party stuff, mostly from Atlus.
- One out of nowhere 3DS game gets announced. Something along the lines of that rumored Link's Awakening 3DS remake, or another Pokemon spinoff .

Switch predictions:
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition gets a western release date for April 13th.
- Super Mario Odyssey Kingdom DLC is confirmed, with two new kingdoms coming out over the course of a few months.
- Nintendo Labo, Donkey Kong, and Dark Souls are all not featured as they're not out for a while and have nothing new to show.
- Mario Tennis Aces gets decent spotlight, showing new courses, modes, and characters, including Pauline. Release date is June 15th.
- Yoshi is re-revealed with a final title, new gameplay mechanics, adorable graphics, and a July release date.
- Project Octopath Traveler gets shown off with a final name (which is just... Octopath Traveler) and a July release date.
- Fire Emblem Switch is finally shown off with a cinematic trailer featuring a bit of gameplay, and the game is confirmed for a vague August window.
- On the port front, Switch ports of Diablo 3 and Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy are confirmed, and the Wolfenstein II and TWEWY ports are given release dates.
- And lastly, the Direct ends with one final surprise. Animal Crossing, Super Smash Bros., or Super Mario Maker. JUST one of those three, confirmed for a September release, to coincide with Nintendo's online. Personally, I predict Smash will be the big surprise, but the other two seem equally possible.
Replace that last 3DS one with localization of Dillon’s Rolling Western 3 and it seems more plausible. Nintendo’s done with the 3DS when it comes to actual big releases.

Replace that last 3DS one with localization of Dillon’s Rolling Western 3 and it seems more plausible. Nintendo’s done with the 3DS when it comes to actual big releases.
The fact that the 3DS was mentioned at all makes me think there'll be something somewhat notable. If all they're showing off is Sushi Striker, Dillon 3, and some Atlus games, they might as well have not bothered to include the 3DS at all. As much as Nintendo seems to have moved on from the 3DS, it wouldn't surprise me if there's just 1-2 excess projects they're waiting to throw out there before it truly dies.

Switch predictions:

To fill in my prediction bit,

- Hyrule Warriors gets April 3rd release, Japan was already announced for Late March
- Mario Tennis Aces gets June 12th release, with announcement of an E3 tournament to celebrate the day of launch
- Yoshi gets an Early Summer release window, with release date to be announced at a later Nintendo Direct, new gameplay is shown
- Project Octopath Traveler is announced as a new IP with a different title, new demo goes live day of show with a early July, Switch Exclusive title release date.
- Fire Emblem is officially announced with a CG trailer, as the premise honors the past while looking to the future, no release date but a Late Summer window is mentioned
- Super Mario Odyssey Premium DLC announced for Mid April release, season pass announced too
- Surprise trailer from an Indie partner
- Crash Trilogy announced for Late June, with a new trailer for the switch version
- Wolfenstein 2 release date revealed for Late April, with gameplay showcased
- Surprise port announcement
- Mario Maker 2 announced for Switch, launching alongside the new Nintendo Online functionality, Late Summer window