Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

No Time To Die (Bond 25)

Getting Eillish involved is a shrewd move considering how old Bond is as a franchise. They are looking to get the younger generation to get more into these films and she could help in that way to an extent.

Plus, let's not kid ourselves and pretend Sam Smith's song in Spectre was something great. Adele's Skyfall was great, but most other Bond songs this century are forgettable.

Getting Eillish involved is a shrewd move considering how old Bond is as a franchise. They are looking to get the younger generation to get more into these films and she could help in that way to an extent.

Plus, let's not kid ourselves and pretend Sam Smith's song in Spectre was something great. Adele's Skyfall was great, but most other Bond songs this century are forgettable.

I thought "Writing's on the wall" was great, so was "Skyfall", and "You know my name".

More often than not, they do the tone of film justice with the songs.

Not a fan of Billie, but she can sing very well.

I'm skeptical that Eilish's fanbase will suddenly be interested in the James Bond series.

I think it's much more that the execs want to, as much as possible, guarantee that they sell a lot of records and get some "hip" press.

I thought "Writing's on the wall" was great, so was "Skyfall", and "You know my name".

You're two-thirds right! :)

"Writing's on the Wall" has great music, so-so lyrics, and a vocal performance that tanks the whole thing. For me, anyway!

Let's face it. Only a handful of Bond themes have actually been memorable. Paul McCartney's Live and Let Die, Carley Simon's Simon's Nobody Does It Better, and the most Bond-like Shirley Bassey's Goldfinger are really the only real stand outs in the whole group.

It's a shame Amy Winehouse is no longer with us as I think she could have done an awesome Bond theme song.

For the type of song it's trying to be (a moody, kind of downbeat ballad), I like it. It feels "Bondian" (enough), and I appreciate that Eilish didn't try to reinvent the wheel.

I do hope the next movie finally gets us back to something a bit more energetic, though.

I think it fits perfectly from what we have seen from the trailers the tone of the movie, but yea I hope we go more upbeat next time.

I'm totally digging the song as well, it's a nice moody slow burn which builds to a pretty catchy hook. Definitely a improvement over "Writing's on the Wall" which tried being a big ballad, but came off hollow.