No Water from Freestyle Machines | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

No Water from Freestyle Machines

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Almost 4 years old.

I don't think anyone is arguing that turning off the water isn't within Universal's rights, it's just bad business is all.

So which is it? They shouldn't have turned it off because the few people that abuse it is so minimal? Or it's bad business because so many people who abused it are now having to either ask for a cup of water, hit up a fountain, or possibly even pay for a bottle? It can't be both. :lol:

So which is it? They shouldn't have turned it off because the few people that abuse it is so minimal? Or it's bad business because so many people who abused it are now having to either ask for a cup of water, hit up a fountain, or possibly even pay for a bottle? It can't be both. :lol:
No one was abusing it. Guests who purchased it were using it and guests who didn't were encouraged to use it for free water. In fact guests services highlighted the free water as a reason why they eliminated the free bottled water from the Premier pass. Removing a method for people to access water in a park is bad business. There saving literally pennies if that and sacrificing something that in some small way makes guests stay in the park nicer and could encourage them to stay longer or visit more often.

If this is really because of people complaining they had to wait behind people in line who got water, then that is really crappy; you pay for free coke, this has nothing to do with waiting for it. People who complained about having to wait, they are the real entitlement people. What's next, I paid for the dinning plan, I should not have to wait?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: s8film40
If this is really because of people complaining they had to wait behind people in line who got water, then that is really shitty; you pay for free coke, this has nothing to do with waiting for it. People who complained about having to wait, they are the real entitlement people. What's next, I paid for the dinning plan, I should not have to wait?

Like @ThreePack Shagur said, if they really are running out of ice because of the additional unaccounted for use of it, are you not entitled to ice with the coke you're paying for?

Like @ThreePack Shagur said, if they really are running out of ice because of the additional unaccounted for use of it, are you not entitled to ice with the coke you're paying for?
Well guess what it's not going to take people long to realize they can fill up a cup with ice and wait a few minutes for the ice to melt. If anything removing the access to the water will likely result in more people getting ice. For those using water bottles they can't even get ice in the small openings so this wasn't likely the reason for ice running out anyway.

Reactions: awhen
Thanks for calling me a liar, but I suggest you get some friends in management at Guest Services and let them tell you how many complaints they get. The majority of the complaints from Freestyle buyers is that the machines run out of ice between 2-4 PM. Less people will go the machine for ice if there's no water available. Simple as that.

I assume the ice dispenser is not tied to the freestyle system at all. Will your management friends report on whether the ice supply problems were solved?

I don't doubt that there is an ice supply problem. I'm doubting this is the solution.

As a premier pass holder, I sort of feel like I did pay for the water. I actually don't care about the ice.

I'd be very interested in seeing what kind of reporting a freestyle machine does. I'd wager freestyle users dumping their cup and refilling with ice at every flavor change is the vast majority of the use. The bottom of those dispensers are constantly filled with discarded ice, and I've never seen a freestyle machine on a dry section of pavement.

Reactions: s8film40
I'd wager freestyle users dumping their cup and refilling with ice at every flavor change is the vast majority of the use.
This is absolutely correct, I see that all the time. I even see people fill the whole thing with ice, choose a drink, taste it then dump the whole thing out and repeat.

Last edited:
This is the first time I checked in on this thread to see what was going on. WOW! 14 pages about water. It must be such a serious issue to everyone to warrant all this attention. LOL. To sum it up, UOR took away the free water feature from the freestyle machines, people didn't like that decision. What else is it that I'm missing?

I remember that these were being phased out when I went last October. Should free up space in line at the carts for people to get free water because they're not ringing up $0.99 refills anymore.
The $.99 refills have been gone since the beginning of the year and have been $1.27. Are we saying that the refills are gone completely or just the $.99 ones?

The $.99 refills have been gone since the beginning of the year and have been $1.27. Are we saying that the refills are gone completely or just the $.99 ones?

$1.27 just doesn't have the same ring as $.99 does. Yes they are the same promotion and it is going away.
Wonder what all those cups will do now?