October 21st, 2015 (Back to the Future) | Inside Universal Forums

October 21st, 2015 (Back to the Future)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 29, 2013
October 21st, 2015

This is a date I'm sure many fans of Back to the Future will know. Its the day that Marty and Doc went to the future in Back to the Future 2. Over the years as a kid growing up in the 80's, I've wondered where I will be on this day and if hover boards and flying cars will actually be real by this day(we know now they won't). I start this thread as a way to discuss if Universal Orlando will plan something special on this day. Of course, the dream would be for them to somehow just for the one day make it so that the Simpsons could use the old ride video so that fans could go back and ride one last time. But realistically that probably wouldn't happen (although one could hope). So this thread is so fans can maybe come up with their own ideas of what they think Universal should do (if anything) and what they think Universal actually will do (if anything). This can be anything, no idea is too crazy. Its all up to your imagination. :thumbs:

timecircuits.jpg

Last edited:
I believe, from what I've heard, expect them to unleash one big brand spanking new....tweet about it.

Again all speculation

Perhaps Doc and Marty characters make an appearance? (Forgive me if they already do I have only been once and live 2000 miles away)

They actually do have a hover board now, and Christopher Lloyd was almost in tears when he saw it.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m2ZpYidqZk

not sure how to put it right but thats a link

I hate to tell you Josh but that was a hoax made by funny or die. They have had much of the interwebs anger directed at them.

^ The real hoax is the hover board was always real, they actually used one back when they filmed BttF 2. They were going to be available in stores, but at the last minute Mattel decided not to release the product for safety reasons. Somehow two of them survived being destroyed, and ended up in the hands of Bob Gale and Robert Zemeckis while they were making Part 2.

[video=youtube_share;AY3vqlLoNXc]http://youtu.be/AY3vqlLoNXc[/video]

[video=youtube_share;oa0GkcPDdOc]http://youtu.be/oa0GkcPDdOc[/video]

Here is the thread for the recent hoax featuring Christopher Lloyd and Tony Hawk:

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php/8836-HUVr-Board-What-Do-You-Think

I'd like for them to do something cool, but anything beyond a tweet or Facebook post would be a surprise to me. BttF is Universal Studios Florida past, they'll leave the DeLorean and train there but anything else is unlikely.

Reactions: allienoves
^ The real hoax is the hover board was always real, they actually used one back when they filmed BttF 2. They were going to be available in stores, but at the last minute Mattel decided not to release the product for safety reasons. Somehow two of them survived being destroyed, and ended up in the hands of Bob Gale and Robert Zemeckis while they were making Part 2.

[video=youtube_share;AY3vqlLoNXc]http://youtu.be/AY3vqlLoNXc[/video]

[video=youtube_share;oa0GkcPDdOc]http://youtu.be/oa0GkcPDdOc[/video]

Here is the thread for the recent hoax featuring Christopher Lloyd and Tony Hawk:

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php/8836-HUVr-Board-What-Do-You-Think

I hate to say you're wrong too...If you watch behind the scenes on Back to the Future 2 it shows them filming the hoverboard scenes and in the bloopers Marty is accidentally lifted too high off the ground with the hoverboard, clearly attached to strings most likely being carried by a truck with an overhang with strings attached...Nothing 'Back to the Future' gets by me lol, huge fan right here. :doggie:

Reactions: keeper
Check this out! Themeparkinsider has written an article saying Back to the Future might be returning to Universal Hollywood in 2015 as part of the tram tour!!! WOWW!!!! Can we get something similar in Orlando????

PS- not sure if I was allowed to post the link so I didn't.

BTTF is dead period for universal. There is no way the ride could come back or for a new ride to come. The only way they could is to strictly theme it to hill valley in the 50s or western hill valley and honestly there isn't much to base a ride off those. Hill valley 2015 is the main reason why BTTF the ride was taken down in the first place. Could you imagine going on that ride and seeing that scene right now in 2014? I swear to god all of you would be complaining about how dated it would be and the projection technology is old, it would be a twister situation if they kept it. I don't see anything coming, maybe a cast reunion at the park like the celebration of potter but that's seriously a stretch even then

I kind of hate all the talk of Back to the Future not coming back because of the year 2015. Couldn't it just be set up in way that the BTTF 2015 is an alternate timeline/universe we have found ourselves in. Also you can't really say the ride was removed because of the approaching date. Remember, Judgement Day from T2 was August 29th, 1997 and so far T2-3D is still alive and well here in Orlando.

I kind of hate all the talk of Back to the Future not coming back because of the year 2015. Couldn't it just be set up in way that the BTTF 2015 is an alternate timeline/universe we have found ourselves in. Also you can't really say the ride was removed because of the approaching date. Remember, Judgement Day from T2 was August 29th, 1997 and so far T2-3D is still alive and well here in Orlando.
Well they stopped judgement day from happening so it makes sense. BTTF didn't stop any of the future or take it away, that's what the writers of the movies invisioned the year 2015 to be like. A alternate universe wouldn't make sense

Well they stopped judgement day from happening so it makes sense. BTTF didn't stop any of the future or take it away, that's what the writers of the movies invisioned the year 2015 to be like. A alternate universe wouldn't make sense

Doc: It means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, both of you.

It looks like someone did not make the best of their future so we never ended up getting the hovercars or boards...

Reactions: allienoves
Doc: It means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, both of you.

It looks like someone did not make the best of their future so we never ended up getting the hovercars or boards...
Lol exactly, those guys had the talent to make a hover board and they just threw it away because it would be ripping off BTTF 2, the movie ruined the future

Yet Judgement Day still happens or we wouldn't have the Terminator attraction. Why couldn't we wind up in an alternate 2015? It's not like the
concept of alternate timelines wasn't introduced in BTTF 2.