October 21st, 2015 (Back to the Future) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

October 21st, 2015 (Back to the Future)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yet Judgement Day still happens or we wouldn't have the Terminator attraction. Why couldn't we wind up in an alternate 2015? It's not like the
concept of alternate timelines wasn't introduced in BTTF 2.

The day is saved at the end meaning judgment day never happened in the first place. Terminator has a fixable future and BTTF doesn't

I would be satisfied even if USF constructed an exhibit of some sort dedicated to the BTTF Trilogy and Ride like USH did...Move the train and Delorian inside and build a museum type exhibit around all of it.

In the article written by Robert Niles, the idea for bringing it back in Hollywood would be that they would recreate the climatic scene when Marty returns "Back to the Future" with Doc's assistance from the top of the clock tower in a new 4 minute stunt show. As the car passes by there would be a mix of pyro, lighting and sound effects. This actually sounds even cooler than the old ride. If they could do just something like that, it wouldn't matter what year it is. The main problem in Orlando is that there isn't a courthouse square. But man oh man, what I wouldn't do to be able to see something just even close to that in Florida.

In the article written by Robert Niles, the idea for bringing it back in Hollywood would be that they would recreate the climatic scene when Marty returns "Back to the Future" with Doc's assistance from the top of the clock tower in a new 4 minute stunt show. As the car passes by there would be a mix of pyro, lighting and sound effects. This actually sounds even cooler than the old ride. If they could do just something like that, it wouldn't matter what year it is. The main problem in Orlando is that there isn't a courthouse square. But man oh man, what I wouldn't do to be able to see something just even close to that in Florida.

I don't get this idea. Wouldn't that cause a giant tram backup and take a while to reset everytime? Those actors would be in literal pain after work is over too. Imagine doing a 4 minute stuntshow every 10 minutes or so. Seems to ridiculous to be true

The day is saved at the end meaning judgment day never happened in the first place. Terminator has a fixable future and BTTF doesn't

What hes saying is if Judgment Day was really stopped, the audience would leave with no recollection of what had happened because we would be in an alternate universe where there was no Judgment Day meaning no terminators, no Skynet, and therefore no show. Its actually a pretty legitimate plot hole and will probably ruin my enjoyment of the attraction forever now :lol:

Also, the filmmakers never truly envisioned 2015 as what they depicted on screen...they always knew they were being crazy in their portrayal because they were smart enough to realize if they actualy tried being accurate they would fail. 2015 in the movies is supposed to be wonky and overstated. The main factor in BttF's demise was low ridership, with the old ride systems providing nausea and headaches and the IP falling out of public favor. It operated at less than half capacity in the days leading up to its closure. The way Universal sees it, there isnt enough interest in Back to the Future to warrant any kind of special ceremony. Although I guess with Kong on the way you never know for sure...but Id still be surprised to see them bother doing something for one day based on a ride that closed due to unpopularity.

What hes saying is if Judgment Day was really stopped, the audience would leave with no recollection of what had happened because we would be in an alternate universe where there was no Judgment Day meaning no terminators, no Skynet, and therefore no show. Its actually a pretty legitimate plot hole and will probably ruin my enjoyment of the attraction forever now :lol:

Also, the filmmakers never truly envisioned 2015 as what they depicted on screen...they always knew they were being crazy in their portrayal because they were smart enough to realize if they actualy tried being accurate they would fail. 2015 in the movies is supposed to be wonky and overstated. The main factor in BttF's demise was low ridership, with the old ride systems providing nausea and headaches and the IP falling out of public favor. It operated at less than half capacity in the days leading up to its closure. The way Universal sees it, there isnt enough interest in Back to the Future to warrant any kind of special ceremony. Although I guess with Kong on the way you never know for sure...but Id still be surprised to see them bother doing something for one day based on a ride that closed due to unpopularity.

Hmm that is a big plot hole, whatever I'm still down with t2. But you have to think for a second, we are traveling to the future of 2015...in 2015, if they brought it back most tourist wouldn't get its retro and just see it as outdated. Kong was a different case with a remake, hit experience in Hollywood and it fits into islands too well. Kong was only taken down for how fricken expensive the thing was to run. BTTF was taken out because nobody cared about it, I don't see it coming back in anyway shape of form

It also wouldn't work because we don't have a studio tour, and to Cole, no it won't because the tram already takes MANY stops such as Kong, Earthquake and stuff

It also wouldn't work because we don't have a studio tour, and to Cole, no it won't because the tram already takes MANY stops such as Kong, Earthquake and stuff

But this is a literal 8 minute stunt show right in the center, no tram stop is even close to that length

Reset can be pretty fast for any set, so that shouldn't be an issue. Also, they can have two sets of actors. Not the first thing with actors like this, look at the great movie ride.

Reactions: natespf
My guess is the show is going to consist of Doc talking with Marty on the walkie talkie, sliding down from the clocktower, plugging the cord back in, the lightining strike, and Marty vanishing. Depending on where the tram is in the courthouse area, none of that should be hard to pull off in that amount of time and reset will probably not take that long.

The great movie ride isn't that big of a deal with easy access to both sets and minimal acting, this is pretty much a stunt show scene back to back. It's like having the plane from waterworld shoot out and reset every 5 minutes. That's a lot of work and very expensive to boot

The article also mentions that this would only be at night. During the day the stunt would not happen, they would just ride by the set.

Guys, I know how we could get to see this in Orlando... Why don't we just take Hill Valley, and push it somewhere else??
test.gif

Last edited: