Official Soccer Thread | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Official Soccer Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Groups C, F, & G have my full attention. It really feels like any teams in those groups will get through to the 16.

All the other groups feel like the top 2 seeds are kinda predetermined, baring some astounding upset.

Predictions:

Group A: Russia, Uruguay
Group B: Portugal, Spain
Group C: Absolute toss-up, but I’ll say France, Peru
Group D: Argentina, Iceland
Group E: Brazil, Costa Rica (who got a lucky draw)
Group F: Germany should easily get the top seed. I’ll go on a limb and say Sweden.
Group G: Another toss-up. England, Panama?
Group H: Columbia, Japan
How have I done so far?
Group A: Look at me! 2/2
Group B: On a roll! 2/2
Group C: Peru was a hopeful guess, but was always a longshot. 1/2
Group D: I got Argentina... but that was not what anyone expected. 1/2
Group E: Still waiting for game 3, but :stun:
Group F: The hell just happened? Good for Sweden but, seriously, the hell just happened? 1/2
Group G: Go England. Belgium has showed up. 1/2
Group H: I want them all to advance. I can still go 2/2 but I kinda don't want to.

But, I'm currently at 8/16, and I'm going at least 9/16. This World Cup has been bat$#!+ crazy. I mean, Germany is out. BRAZIL could still get knocked out...

Group F: The hell just happened? Good for Sweden but, seriously, the hell just happened?

Yeah that was intense. Sweden was really good, Mexico was not bad, but I found them imprecise and lacking. Didn't watch Germany, but I think it went something along the lines of "hey, we're Germany, we always get through'. I did see that last South Korea goal, lol, that was great. Anyway, great world cup so far.

Reactions: Scott W.
Yeah that was intense. Sweden was really good, Mexico was not bad, but I found them imprecise and lacking. Didn't watch Germany, but I think it went something along the lines of "hey, we're Germany, we always get through'. I did see that last South Korea goal, lol, that was great. Anyway, great world cup so far.
I also just realized that, with a Swiss tie (or better) and Brazil loss, Brazil could be out.

My predictions:

A: Uruguay - Russia
B: Spain - Portugal
C: France - Peru
D: Argentina - Nigeria
E: Brazil - Costa Rica
F: Germany - South Korea
G: Belgium - England
H: Colombia - Japan

Got A, B and G correct. One name correct in C, D and E. F completely wrong.

Looking forward to England vs Belgium tomorrow, though in all honesty, I don't expect much from the match, probably will be 1-1, not too much excitement.

Group H will be interesting to watch tomorrow!

Alright - Update going into the final grouping this afternoon.

Group A: Russia, Uruguay
Group B: Portugal, Spain
Group C: France, Peru
Group D: Argentina, Iceland
Group E: Brazil, Costa Rica (who got a lucky draw)
Group F: Germany Sweden.
Group G: England, Panama
Group H: Columbia, Japan

11/16 really ain't too shabby.

But geez, that knock-out bracket is a murderer's row on one side.

So... Now who does Fox advertise?

EDIT - :x::x::x::x::x:

DO NOT CONGRATULATE

Last edited: