"Old School" Universal Orlando | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

"Old School" Universal Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They were indeed offering it up for Implosion filming at one time. That would of been a sight to see for sure. With pyro and editing a film could of made it look like an explosion, the closest thing I remember them having to a taker was The 2004 Punisher from what I have heard.

They were indeed offering it up for Implosion filming at one time. That would of been a sight to see for sure. With pyro and editing a film could of made it look like an explosion, the closest thing I remember them having to a taker was The 2004 Punisher from what I have heard.

That is correct. It was going to be convenient since all principal exterior filming was done in Tampa.

Old Hard Rock Cafe

hardrockr.jpg

Source: http://englishdisneyblog.com/2011/02/19/hidden-hhn-house-lurks-within-universal-studios-park/ (Courtesy of Screamscape)

Wow, I've never seen that before! It looked great!

I have a present I'm gonna share with you guys I was going through old things and found two tickets AND a reciept from Universal Dated 09/08/94 I'm going to scan them at the best quality I can front and back. FYI the tickets were 36.00 each

here you go guys. i didn't scan both tickets cause they are the exact same except for the number on them. also i give EVERYONE full permission to post these wherever and use them on websites and the like as long as i am given proper credit (courtesy: James L. Heyward III) and linked back to (www.jamesheyward.com)

receipt.jpg

ticketfront.jpg

ticketback.jpg

this one doesn't qualify for the post anywhere with my permission until i get a better photo of it. its from my personal universal collection. ill post more of that later.

IMG_0299.jpg

also is the last one eligible for the RetroLando award? because it was at universal and doesn't exist there anymore. may be a stretch but i figured i would try anyway until i go through my pictures

Really neat pics man!!!! Check out the price for a one day pass back then!!! Out of curiosity, What's written on the bottom of the plaque???

Be sure it's authentic...passes with "K"
designation and white passes are not for re-sale
and will not be honored for admission.

PROPERTY OF UNIVERSAL STUDIOS FLORIDA

Apologies if this was posted already, it has some nice footage of the park pre-opening.

[video=youtube;2FRRvfIgzi4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FRRvfIgzi4[/video]

Last edited:
that video is awesome. showing the guy talking about movie making and sets we need more of that in the park these days. i hear films are still shot there from an employee friend of mine. but in the multiple times i've been there over the past year i haven't seen it though.

In 2004, i was on Nick Splat. The game show they had! I was on the Yellow team and my team won, and got the 3 cannons of smile blasted at us :) Its was really fun... and before the show we walked around the back area and they took us to the costume room and there were like Rows, and Rows, of outfits racks high! I kinda feel lucky cause that was the last thing ever filmed in the nickelodeon studio
2ihm62s.jpg

OMG I was on it too! It was soo much fun. It's the only time I got to see a Nick Show taped there. It's a shame that Nick had to leave. It was one of my favorite things about the park.

--- Update ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVpPVebr6Fk&feature=related

This is a cool video I found about the opening of BTTF the Ride. It's so cool to see some of the interviews from way back when it opened.

My dad has tickets when he went to USF 5 DAYS after it opened. We have been looking for those tickets for over a week now!!! We know we didn't throw them away, we just can't find them..... Man I want to find those tickets!!! If I find them I will scan them and post them.