"Old School" Universal Orlando | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

"Old School" Universal Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, originally it had a unique aspect and I believe that it was a record holder because of it for a while if I remember correctly. The drop began at a 45 degree angle, but then it increases to 50 degrees giving the feeling you may just flip over.

Original.

a27e3f::000374.jpg

Re-Profiled

48c84d::040882.jpg

Also, back then there was no lapbars and the logs were in a tandem seating style. Which basically meant that the last person in the log would sit, and then the next person would sit between that person's legs, and then so on and so on. If I remember there were no backrests.

Last edited:
Reactions: jh32488
Also, back then there was no lapbars and the logs were in a tandem seating style. Which basically meant that the last person in the log would sit, and then the next person would sit between that person's legs, and then so on and so on. If I remember there were no backrests.

Correct. No backrests or lapbars on Dudley originally. If I recall, it's the first true log flume (single file, so not counting Splash Mtn at MK) to have lap bars. IMO, the ride was a lot better then.

I love this ride it is by far my favorite water ride.

Mine too! We have more than a name in common! :thumbs:

The ads are very 90s. I think the ads themselves were very good teasers. The ones I am referring to are "Are You Ready?" ones but it was definitely a mistake to push the Universal Escape as not just a term for Universal Orlando, which is all it was.

While I love what's happening with the Studios right now, a part of me will always be sad and miss the classics...Back to the Future, Kongfrontation, and Jaws. Those rides WERE Universal Studios.

The ads are very 90s. I think the ads themselves were very good teasers. The ones I am referring to are "Are You Ready?" ones but it was definitely a mistake to push the Universal Escape as not just a term for Universal Orlando, which is all it was.

The Universal Escape name was the biggest mistake but the TV ads were brilliant I thought. They were mysterious and eye-catching. The Spider-Man one absolutely blew my mind as a kid.

When IOA opened, I did work as an extra in this commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNRfrl63t_4&feature=g-crec-f&list=FLzBZKKWYXV6MbitcxG4dfsQ
Well, at least a blur of me on hulk going by at 50 mph.
About 50 ppl and myself were at the park weeks before opening day...we got to ride JPRA and Hulk.

Yeah that's cool! Would of killed to go into IOA before opening day. I followed it very closely. Wish I could find those ancient websites that had all those cool construction shots.

One thing that I want to see: The complete preshow video for The Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera (NOT olduniversallover's video, but the full version with Yogi and BooBoo's intro and that really cool alarm-type sound effect at the end before the doors open.)

Yeah that's cool! Would of killed to go into IOA before opening day. I followed it very closely. Wish I could find those ancient websites that had all those cool construction shots.

that would be awesome if they had websites like OU who followed the progress of the construction of IOA and the completion of the resort

That's a great commercial! What more do people want?
Most commercials had IoA stuff in it, But in the end, They didn't say it was Islands of Adventure, just Universal Studios Escape, Atleast in the commercial posted Islands of Adventure. They weren't bad either compared to Disney Ones.