Old Theme Park Rumors Discussion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Old Theme Park Rumors Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For the newer Forum members... @Disneyhead , in his prime, along with Teebin and Hate to Fly, were the most prominent Universal Insiders in the years before @Alicia. Disneyhead had a knack, good sources, for Blue Sky projects, many of which became prominent attractions. Stuff like Hagrids replacing Dragons coasters. SLOP. Zelda long ago too....and Indiana Jones at AK....and the list is almost bottomless. Of course, with Blue Sky projects, many, like a small Potter hotel outside Diagon, never got approved, and a few, like a couple of the above, are still waiting to break ground.
I remember looking forward to HateToFly's articles on Orlando United. Pretty sure those are what originally brought me to the forums.

I remember looking forward to HateToFly's articles on Orlando United. Pretty sure those are what originally brought me to the forums.
Same here. Prior to that, the only site I followed, and commented on, was Theme Park Insider. I read Orlando United, renamed IU, for a year or so before I started commenting. I now only sporadically follow Theme Park Insider since Robert Niles often lies about his previous posts to make it look like he's always right about his predictions. Plus, he's too political. So he has a real credibility gap with me. IU (OU) is really the only theme park site, besides Alicia's Theme Park Stop Blog, that has mostly accurate info on Universal, and it's only legitimate insiders.

Last edited:

This one was never really rumored since it seemingly was lost for years, but it's a really cool find in my opinion.

Personally, I've always been happy we never got that expansion of Diagon Alley via the broomstick VR ride (or whatever it was ultimately believed to be). Also, were there rumors that Mummy initially had a different theme?

Reactions: Nico and SeventyOne

This one was never really rumored since it seemingly was lost for years, but it's a really cool find in my opinion.

Personally, I've always been happy we never got that expansion of Diagon Alley via the broomstick VR ride (or whatever it was ultimately believed to be). Also, were there rumors that Mummy initially had a different theme?
The terraced viewing area for World of Color looks like the Central Park lagoon viewing area that Universal ended up building a decade later.

In regards to Animal Kingdom, besides the obvious Beastly Kingdom, I remember there were a lot of rumors that they were gonna port over Mysterious Island from Tokyo DisneySea as the replacement for Camp Minnie Mickey. Of course, then we ended up getting Avatar instead.

Ooo, I remember a juicy one from back in the mid-2000 DISBoards days. Did anyone ever hear about Tom Sawyer Island being swapped for the Island from LOST? :lmao: Smoke Monster and all. The 2000s were bonkers.

• Haha
Reactions: Nico