Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Old Town

Old Town is too fun to check out every now and then. They have become more of a drinking and novelty store district now but you can still go splurge and have fun in a classic Haunted walk thru attraction with a lot of funhouse charm.

They used to be big on 25/50 cents pepsi but I am betting that is gone now.

Old Town honestly used to be a much 'classier' place in the sense that it was a bit more well managed. The carosuel they had in the center and a lot of other props really had a charm to it.

Growing up, old town was always one of my favorite spots. I especially enjoyed the Magic Shop, however I don't belive my folks wallets like it so much. LOL My trip this past weekend was to have Old Town be one of the main events. We had planned to watch cars on Saturday right after we checked into our hotel. This never happened though as the cottages we checked into ( Tropical palms , Directly behind Old Town) were disgusting. Many people who know Old Town know Tropical palms. It's a shame whats happened to it. Needless to say we spent our evening at Downtown Disney instead as we stayed in a Disney resort.

I have a new update on old Town (and FUN SPOT USA) if anyone is interested...
You can see the photos here: Orlando Theme Parks News

Here you are a couple:

100_7432.JPG

100_7434.JPG

100_7459.JPG

100_7462.JPG

100_7464.JPG

100_7465.JPG

100_7468.JPG

100_7478.JPG

100_7482.JPG

Last edited:
Uhmmmmmm... I really don like this parks! They seems to say: "Ehi... we don't have money, but you can ride all the Luna Park attraction"
In my opinion if a person goes to Orlando, maybe from a a far far away place in the world, this is not what it want to see!!!
That person want to feels like if it's in a place out of time and out of space; a place where it must be amazed and it must remain at every park's corner with is mouth open for the surprise.
This parks looks like the town fair here in Itlay!

It is less of a park and more of a night spot. It has always gotten a lot of attention and for the many who venture outside the Disney property lines it is a nice night spot for them to hang out. It will go back to a lot of that now that Downtown Disney is gone.

Also consider this was before City Walk and Downtown Disney even were thought of.

The Grim House Haunted Attraction there is also a pretty fun time in a classic haunted house charming way. More like a funhouse really with a few neat gags.

Old Town has changed for the worse in some ways but it still holds a lot of charm. Plus Car Shows and bars the locals still eat up as well as the tourists.

You don't need to pay admission for a nice stroll through Old Town.

I have to say that I like to go to fun spot and Old Town sometimes (without riding those "attractions" of course), but I saw that unfortunately (for obvious reasons) the people you find there are not like the one you see in the theme parks... I don't know how to explain this, but even thought I like these places, I think that they're focused more on a mature audience (with bars, pubs....) that likes the nightlife (I DON'T!).

Here's a small update from earlier today for anyone who is interested:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Old Town now has their own hot air balloon similar to the one in Downtown Disney:

005.jpg

Oh my gosh, SkyCoaster. I went on that with my best friend last year. Most amazing thing EVER. It doesn't need any theming to get an amazing experience from it.

Attractions Magazine has posted an article on the new hot air balloon at Old Town here.

It seems like a pretty cool idea and a good business move for Old Town. Downtown Disney's Characters in Flight is always busy and someone might as well have opened a different location for it.

When I was in Orlando over the weekend, Old Town's balloon was constantly going up for trips so I'd assume it's doing pretty well and attracting guests.

From what I remember, its been years now. The house itself is above average but understaffed. The majority of the first floor is pitch black, you literally have to feel your way around. There are some decent sets on the second floor and it is some what interactive. Like you have to solve a riddle to move on to the next room, the house takes about 10 minutes to complete and costs like ten bucks. If your really into haunted attractions do it, if not then skip it. Thats about the best I can tell you, I have not been to Old Town in like three years and not in the haunted house in like 4 or 5 years. So a lot could of changed by now.

My wife and I have made a point to stop at the Old Town in Kissimmee a couple times in the past few years. We wandered the streets there last year on a springtime Saturday night, sipping on a root beer float while browsing the many shops in the area. We even made the decision to sign up for reduced price Disney tickets at one of the booths there. (No my idea!) Even though we had to waste the whole next morning at a timeshare tour of Westgate, it really wasn't all the bad!!

This spring, my wife and I visited Old Town for lunch at Flippers Pizzeria (or favorite Orlando area pizza place) and proceeded to wander through some of the shops on our way to the Fun Spot. Fun Spot has some of the greatest go carts I've ever been on, and the wooden tracks there are definately not to be missed!

I'd highly recommend Old Town and the adjoining Fun Spot area to anyone who is staying in Kissimmee and looking for an alternative to Downtown Disney or CityWalk. It will give you a feeling that the world is still a simpler place, even though the mouse is everywhere!!:ears:

Yeah I can agree its ghetto fabulous and fun for that matter but flippers pizza! I ALMOST did not make it back to the hotel room before I had an upside down volcanic eruption!

I checked out the Haunted Grimm House on Old Town property tonight. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It wasn't a HHN house but I'd definitely go back. Was a little on the pricey side but if you want to get your fright on go check it out. You probably won't be disappointed AND if you go in the off season you'll probably be easier to scare. I know I got a good 3 or 4 scares in the house. Towards the end of Horror Nights I was happy to get 3-4 a house if any. In short, if you're a haunt freak go check this place.

I checked out the Haunted Grimm House on Old Town property tonight. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It wasn't a HHN house but I'd definitely go back. Was a little on the pricey side but if you want to get your fright on go check it out. You probably won't be disappointed AND if you go in the off season you'll probably be easier to scare. I know I got a good 3 or 4 scares in the house. Towards the end of Horror Nights I was happy to get 3-4 a house if any. In short, if you're a haunt freak go check this place.

I agree. Its not the most detailed but it is an old classic and I am just happy there is still a year round haunt in existance in the area. I think you will know what I mean or agree with me here Jake when I tell people not to expect theme park event haunt, but more of a funhouse gag haunt. I love that charm.