On-Ride Photo Added to Spider-Man | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

On-Ride Photo Added to Spider-Man

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Finally the poor staff in the spidermam gift shop won't have to explain there is no on ride picture.
It had to have been annoying. "But spiderman told us to smile and took our picture" thousands of times a day

I rode today and yes, there is a flash right before Electro, which would seem consistent with the positions of the heads in the photo.

So...why wasn't this put at the end?

I would assume this to give the system time to process the photo. Most on ride photos are taken towards the start of a ride to the middle just to give the system time to get everything in place by the time you get to the photo counter at the exit.

Agree with everyone else that this is a silly and pointless photo opportunity though, I can't imagine sales will be great?

I would assume this to give the system time to process the photo. Most on ride photos are taken towards the start of a ride to the middle just to give the system time to get everything in place by the time you get to the photo counter at the exit.

Agree with everyone else that this is a silly and pointless photo opportunity though, I can't imagine sales will be great?

I think this was true in the 90s but this should only take seconds to process now.

I can't imagine on ride photo sales are great across the resort since metal detectors were introduced for the coasters. People are lazy, if it means walking for a couple of minutes to get their wallet out the locker and back to the photo kiosk to get a photo, they won't do it.

I think this is more for people who have photo connect.

I hate ride photos at thee best of times, but I think ride photos like this are just bizarre

Unless the whole car is full with people you know do you really want it?
I always find it weird people buy TOT pictures with 20 strangers in... no thanks!

I hate ride photos at thee best of times, but I think ride photos like this are just bizarre

Unless the whole car is full with people you know do you really want it?
I always find it weird people buy TOT pictures with 20 strangers in... no thanks!

Does it freak you out a little knowing that you could be in a photo on display in a complete strangers house and the only thing you have in common with them was that you once went on the same ride at the same time?

This was not needed at all...I hope this dosen't distract from the ride with a 'flash' or something like that
That's probably why they put it at Electro screen.

It doesn't bother me just doesn't seem necessary. They should put it on the final drop.

That's probably why they put it at Electro screen.

It doesn't bother me just doesn't seem necessary. They should put it on the final drop.

I think @sparky got it spot on, it should be when Spider-Man flips down and takes your photo at the very end. Would make the most sense story wise and if they could print off a fake Daily Bugle newspaper with your photo, I think I'd be half tempted to buy one and get it framed.

Reactions: tankart150
I think @sparky got it spot on, it should be when Spider-Man flips down and takes your photo at the very end. Would make the most sense story wise and if they could print off a fake Daily Bugle newspaper with your photo, I think I'd be half tempted to buy one and get it framed.
Well where do you put the camera at the end to actually take the picture?

Well where do you put the camera at the end to actually take the picture?

I'm sure they can figure something out.

Y8pF8hb.jpg

Edit: I forgot that Spider-Man taking your picture was on screen and not an AA. I don't know if it would be possible to have a hole in the screen for the lense and how noticeable it would be. If T2 can fit a door into a screen, I don't see why not.

I'm sure they can figure something out.

Y8pF8hb.jpg

Edit: I forgot that Spider-Man taking your picture was on screen and not an AA. I don't know if it would be possible to have a hole in the screen for the lense and how noticeable it would be. If T2 can fit a door into a screen, I don't see why not.
I don't think it would be too difficult if they really wanted to. Problem is that they have no reason to do it.

Does it freak you out a little knowing that you could be in a photo on display in a complete strangers house and the only thing you have in common with them was that you once went on the same ride at the same time?
I once had an odd experience at Men in Black where an asian couple bought the ride photo that my brother and I were in and they were not.

The only reason I could think that someone would buy a photo they were not in is if they really liked someone else's pose. Depending on how I'm feeling I will try to make my poses unique on some of the rides. I was told by Universal crew members at MIB that they are not allowed to sell the pics if you are pointing the zapper at anyone which I have done multiple times. I do not remember but I was probably doing something like that in the photo.

At Disney the kids sometimes scan their bands and get the wrong picture and I always think it is weird to have these ride pictures of people I don't know when I download the pictures. I have also had other people do funny things in a picture, where we did nothing. So those pictures look a bit odd and funny too.

Universal needs a way for you to view all your pictures when you get home. I think their photo sales would do much better.