On-Ride Photo Added to Spider-Man | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

On-Ride Photo Added to Spider-Man

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The ride photo for The Simpsons Ride at USH is taken about 15-20 seconds before the ride starts unloading and it's ready by the time you exit the queue.
Is the Simpsons Ride photo where Marge actually makes the joke about them taking a ride photo? I always found it weird that there's not an actual ride photo at that part in Orlando.

Is the Simpsons Ride photo where Marge actually makes the joke about them taking a ride photo? I always found it weird that there's not an actual ride photo at that part in Orlando.

At USH, Krusty or the ride operator kid who has the algebra book (it's been 2 years since I've been, so I've kind of forgotten) is holding a camera and says "what does this do?" and then you see a flash and that's the ride pic.

At USH, Krusty or the ride operator kid who has the algebra book (it's been 2 years since I've been, so I've kind of forgotten) is holding a camera and says "what does this do?" and then you see a flash and that's the ride pic.
IOA's Simpsons Ride also had that scene, but instead of a flash and photo taken a fart noise goes off.

As much as I don't think a Spider-Man photo is necessary I did always find it weird he would come down and say "Say Cheese" and there wouldn't be a ride photo... same thing with Marge on Simpsons.

Reactions: tankart150
They do. You can buy a Star Card which gets you 2 free photos printed at the park and unlimited online digital downloads of the rest of your pics.
At Disney the kids sometimes scan their bands and get the wrong picture and I always think it is weird to have these ride pictures of people I don't know when I download the pictures. I have also had other people do funny things in a picture, where we did nothing. So those pictures look a bit odd and funny too.

Universal needs a way for you to view all your pictures when you get home. I think their photo sales would do much better.

They do. You can buy a Star Card which gets you 2 free photos printed at the park and unlimited online digital downloads of the rest of your pics.

Yes, but that costs money up front. Where with Disney you can go home and look at your pictures online and buy individual pictures later if you want to. I imagine Disney sells more individual pictures than Universal does because you don't have to wait in line or take time out of your park day to review pictures. If you want a ride picture you have to pretty much buy it right after leaving the ride or pay up front for the star card. Which with the star card how do you get the picture added to your card for on ride photos? I imagine waiting in line, I haven't seen anything you can scan, but I could be wrong.

Also, the star card isn't for everyone. Like AP holders have no real options (which I complained when Disney had this hole too, I feel it should be an add on) and you can only get a 1 or 3 day star card, what about the people staying for a week or 2? There is not a option for those people. I believe Disney's version is a 14 day option.

I just think Universal is losing out on money they could be getting if they made their system more friendly to use.

Yes, but that costs money up front. Where with Disney you can go home and look at your pictures online and buy individual pictures later if you want to. I imagine Disney sells more individual pictures than Universal does because you don't have to wait in line or take time out of your park day to review pictures. If you want a ride picture you have to pretty much buy it right after leaving the ride or pay up front for the star card. Which with the star card how do you get the picture added to your card for on ride photos? I imagine waiting in line, I haven't seen anything you can scan, but I could be wrong.

Also, the star card isn't for everyone. Like AP holders have no real options (which I complained when Disney had this hole too, I feel it should be an add on) and you can only get a 1 or 3 day star card, what about the people staying for a week or 2? There is not a option for those people. I believe Disney's version is a 14 day option.

I just think Universal is losing out on money they could be getting if they made their system more friendly to use.

An annual Star Card is available to AP holders at the same rate as 14 day cards for vacation guests.

An annual Star Card is available to AP holders at the same rate as 14 day cards for vacation guests.

Why is this not on their website?

Photo Connect | Universal Orlando

All I see are 1 and 3 day tickets available. Is there another place they have them listed? Also, how does ride photos work? I don't see a place to scan anything near the screens. It also still leaves money on the table for the people who buy individual pictures.

Why is this not on their website?

Photo Connect | Universal Orlando

All I see are 1 and 3 day tickets available. Is there another place they have them listed? Also, how does ride photos work? I don't see a place to scan anything near the screens. It also still leaves money on the table for the people who buy individual pictures.

You have to go to the Photo Connect site: Photo Connect Package Presale

Definitely poorly setup.

You have to go to the Photo Connect site: Photo Connect Package Presale

Definitely poorly setup.

Ugh! Universals bad website strikes again. Glad they do have 14 and annual packages. When I looked it up and saw 1 and 3 day passes I was like, "What the heck?!?" lol Hope other people end up on the page you found and not the page I found lol

I still think they need a better free system that people pay for pictures later. Also, a better system to get your card attached to ride photos. I still there there is money sitting on the table and cost savings. They wouldn't need a photo place at every ride, just screens and a place to scan you ticket. So it would save labor costs too.

Ugh! Universals bad website strikes again. Glad they do have 14 and annual packages. When I looked it up and saw 1 and 3 day passes I was like, "What the heck?!?" lol Hope other people end up on the page you found and not the page I found lol

I still think they need a better free system that people pay for pictures later. Also, a better system to get your card attached to ride photos. I still there there is money sitting on the table and cost savings. They wouldn't need a photo place at every ride, just screens and a place to scan you ticket. So it would save labor costs too.

The Star Card use to be a lot cheaper for AP holders, I think it was around the cost of the three day package...so we use to get it just because it seemed to be a great deal back then...I think it went up a little over a year ago.

Some rides you need to have someone add the ride photos to your card, but there were rides like Mummy and MiB where you could find your photo and add it to your card w/o assistance from an employee. They also had a camera in JP where you would scan your card and a fixed camera would take your picture.

Sometimes rides like FJ were not included in the package.

Also, I think the photo stuff is done by a vendor/outside company....so the poor website might not be UNI in this case....but I could be wrong.

The Star Card use to be a lot cheaper for AP holders, I think it was around the cost of the three day package...so we use to get it just because it seemed to be a great deal back then...I think it went up a little over a year ago.

Some rides you need to have someone add the ride photos to your card, but there were rides like Mummy and MiB where you could find your photo and add it to your card w/o assistance from an employee. They also had a camera in JP where you would scan your card and a fixed camera would take your picture.

Sometimes rides like FJ were not included in the package.

Also, I think the photo stuff is done by a vendor/outside company....so the poor website might not be UNI in this case....but I could be wrong.
Yeah it used to be like $30 and then $50 or something where you had to be crazy not to get it.

First time a got a star card it was around $35 at the AP rate, but the last time I was there I believe it was over $100 even with the AP discount. It didn't use it that often and the higher price was just not worth it to me.