Overall Condition of IOA | Inside Universal Forums

Overall Condition of IOA

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 16, 2009
I am going to be in Universal Orlando Resort next week for the first time in 2 years, last time I was there the parks were not in the best condition (Does everybody remember the brown hulk). Are they any better. I am referring to the overall enhancements and unneccessary effects, such as the fog on Dr Doom, the effects in Poseidons Fury and Dudley Do Right as well as JPRA, the little gags in Seuss Landing, etc. It was always a little disappointing to see the parks not kept to their full potential, and I am hoping a lot of that has improved since the opening of HP, and other new experiences.

Hulk is Green. Spiderman is in great shape both in the enhancements and what was already there before(sound got a huge upgrade) and the Water Vortex is back. Lots of TLC around the park over the past two years.

The park is in a lot better shape now. To add to what Splatter said, Jurassic Park is looking good too. All the dinosaurs were working and the gates even opened and closed when I was there a few weeks ago.

thats why i have not been back all that much since i had to ride dm a couple of weeks ago and im waiting to abuse my annual pass in September

Why was this thread started? If the OP is going in 7 days, why ask such a silly question in a brand new thread? Both parks have peeling paint and cracked concrete... they are in utter disrepair and look like hell. Have a nice trip!

C'mon now Teebin, not everyone is as in-the-know as others. There will be people who are first timers, or aren't completely connected to the latest news in the theme parks. That's why the join here, for the answers. :thumbs:

So, cleaning people don't go in and dust the attractions once a month or so? I assumed they did. On the other hand, I knew they didn't because the ET ride was such a crusty dust bunny.

Rides that need prolonged refurbishments/updates:

- Forbidden Journey
- River Adventure
- Hulk (the second half could use some simple show elements)
- Dudley Do-Right's

Rides that need complete revamps for the sake of a poor or outdated ride experience/show:

- Cat in the Hat
- Poseidon's Fury
- Sinbad
- Dragon Challenge
- Toon Lagoon Theater

New rides/attractions that just need to happen:

- Mt. Crumpit coaster
- New Poseidon's experience
- New ride in Jurassic Park
- Nighttime show
- Small intimate-experience attractions (Olly's, Talking Fountain) in Port of Entry and Marvel.

Op, this should probably go in the 'What Does IOA Need?' thread. Sorry!

I would kill for the originally planned Whomping Willow. It's the only part of Forbidden Journey that needs work in my opinion.

From someone that's been on FJ at least 400 times (despite not wanting to, I ended up losing specific count after 340something), I'm pretty in tune with what should be fixed and what else could be on the ride. :lol:

From someone that's been on FJ at least 400 times (despite not wanting to, I ended up losing specific count after 340something), I'm pretty in tune with what should be fixed and what else could be on the ride. :lol:

I think your borderline addiction has blurred the line between need and desire :lol:

No, that means you're looking at it WAY too hard. I've been on Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion each more than that. They both have faults, but neither needs a ton of work. I've been on FJ close to 50, and for a ride that's only 2 years old, there's absolutely nothing in it that requires a long refurbishment.

- - - Updated - - -

I think your borderline addiction has blurred the line between need and desire :lol:

This.:lol: