(P515) Potential Hotel for USH | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

(P515) Potential Hotel for USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think some of us are worried that building a hotel will eat into that expansion budget, but if anything I think this would increase it.
I’m not, this signals they’ll at least build more stuff to me (or at least I’d hope so to back this up). I’m not sure how much more stuff unless studio space gets eaten but thats unrelated.

I mean, I do that already with the Hilton. If Universal adds a hotel, I'll do the same with them.

I wouldn’t say that’s common.

I’ve lived here my whole life and gone to Universal Studios Hollywood more times than I can count and I’ve never stayed at the Sheraton, Hilton or any other hotel/motel near Universal Studios Hollywood, but once they open up their own hotel, I’ll be staying there for some staycations and definitely during HHN.

Damn my leads were right, Universal fans really have no idea what they're talking about :lmao:
I think people just like to be contrarian for no other reason but to have an opposing opinion for a lot of these topics.

Playing devils advocate is one thing but you can’t have everything be sunshine and rainbows now can we ???

I’m not, this signals they’ll at least build more stuff to me (or at least I’d hope so to back this up). I’m not sure how much more stuff unless studio space gets eaten but thats unrelated.

I wouldn’t say that’s common.
I gotta ask, do you work in the industry?

Reactions: Jake S
I think people just like to be contrarian for no other reason but to have an opposing opinion for a lot of these topics.

Playing devils advocate is one thing but you can’t have everything be sunshine and rainbows now can we ???

I was just initially stating how I felt meh about it and didn’t see much use or difference for the common person then I had to go defending why I felt that way. I literally don’t like to do this stuff or go out of way for fringe opinions lmao Check my post history if you don’t believe me, I don’t think i ever disagree with the positive norm on here (if you got nothing better to do of course which i’m sure you do /no sarcasm). At the end of the day this is a bubble of very dedicated fans, I’m not surprised 99% of people have the sentiment they do.

I gotta ask, do you work in the industry?

Which one?

Last edited:
I was just initially stating how I felt meh about it and didn’t see much use or difference for the common person then I had to go defending why I felt that way. I literally don’t like to do this stuff or go out of way for fringe opinions lmao Check my post history if you don’t believe me, I don’t think i ever disagree with the positive norm on here (if you got nothing better to do of course which i’m sure you do /no sarcasm). At the end of the day this is a bubble of very dedicated fans, I’m not surprised 99% of people have the sentiment they do.

Which one?
To be honest I wasn’t just referring to you but just making a general statement based on things I’ve seen on this board.

No need to defend yourself because I wasn’t attacking you but giving my opinion. I appreciate all perspectives on any subject matter but sometimes I think people’s reasonings can be a little ridiculous.

Which one?
Hospitality/Hotels

Looking back on the subject of the potential USH hotel, and it still excites me deeply.

In my childhood, I didn't have many opportunities to be given that ability to go to theme parks, but Universal was probably the most consistent. It's the reason why I am on here, because of my love and passion for the park. And the fact that evolution is about to change much more properly makes me genuinely excited and happy.

Yes, it's just a Hotel. But that's what makes it special for USH. A dedicated park Hotel Co-Owned by them and Loews feels like a major win that'll reshape and recontextualize the park for the years to come.

Hopefully in the light of this, we see developments accelerate to enhance CityWalk to restore it of it's nightlife in the process. Be that of bringing back clubs like Howl at The Moon, of bringing back stuff like a Bowling Alley (which would still work really well) or among other things. Really hopeful what the hotel influences for the future.

Double Post, but decided to do some digging.

With the prospect of P515 affecting the USH skyline, I decided to check back in the permits found by @salismetho and @ethanuniversal, and I think I may know how high up the hotel will be above sea level.

Checking from the permits in December, it seemed to specify around that of the Front Gate Parking and nearby Security Check stands. Taking that into consideration, and checking through friends who have been at the park--I have been able to get that the height elevation above sea level from that point on, is around 790 feet tall. Gaining from that, the recent permits have allowed me to specify and gather that the hotel will be around that of the 900 foot range.

Due to the Hotel, likely ten Hotel Floors and one Roof Floor, being 11 Story's Tall completely. 110 Feet in total height. I do not inheritedly know the height map for that of the Hilton , but I have to imagine it'll be just a little bit shorter than that of the Universal project.

To make it short: this hotel's gonna be tall, it's gonna dominate the park skyline, and it is gonna be an icon of the property.

So will the Lobby be near where the old drop off point is now?

Also is that Gate Entrance point near where the Hotel going most likely stating or will we only have one way into the parking structures?

So will the Lobby be near where the old drop off point is now?

Also is that Gate Entrance point near where the Hotel going most likely stating or will we only have one way into the parking structures?

Unsure on the drop off point, but the big question comes in what happens to that of the walkway from the Hilton to that of the USH Security Checkstands.

I wonder if they might try to take action and forcibly cause that bridge connecting the park property and the Hilton to no longer exist, crippling the edge Hilton had in being the "Front Gate" park at the current point of time.

Considering the opposition from Universal in regards to the Hilton Expansion, I genuinely would not be surprised if that happened.

So they're reportedly building a Hotel that's a Tower, in Hollywood? Hopefully they don't have elevator problems...

Seriously though, an elegant, art deco, old Hollywood style, similar to the style of the front of the park would be a good fit. Make a sharp contrast from the modern style of CityWalk. Maybe they move security screen to the area between Billabong and the Universal Studio store?

So they're reportedly building a Hotel that's a Tower, in Hollywood? Hopefully they don't have elevator problems...

Seriously though, an elegant, art deco, old Hollywood style, similar to the style of the front of the park would be a good fit. Make a sharp contrast from the modern style of CityWalk. Maybe they move security screen to the area between Billabong and the Universal Studio store?
Then will Guests have to walk from Frankenstein Lot through the hotel to get to Security?

I know its all speculation but there are lots of little moving parts that will have to change to make a hotel work

Double Post, but decided to do some digging.

With the prospect of P515 affecting the USH skyline, I decided to check back in the permits found by @salismetho and @ethanuniversal, and I think I may know how high up the hotel will be above sea level.

Checking from the permits in December, it seemed to specify around that of the Front Gate Parking and nearby Security Check stands. Taking that into consideration, and checking through friends who have been at the park--I have been able to get that the height elevation above sea level from that point on, is around 790 feet tall. Gaining from that, the recent permits have allowed me to specify and gather that the hotel will be around that of the 900 foot range.

Due to the Hotel, likely ten Hotel Floors and one Roof Floor, being 11 Story's Tall completely. 110 Feet in total height. I do not inheritedly know the height map for that of the Hilton , but I have to imagine it'll be just a little bit shorter than that of the Universal project.

To make it short: this hotel's gonna be tall, it's gonna dominate the park skyline, and it is gonna be an icon of the property.
I know this is from a now very old plan but the original NBC Evolution plan listed the park front hotel as 20 stories and 500 rooms. So I think you are right, even if the newer plans call for a shorter height it's still likely to be massive.
Hotel.jpg

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Its old art but at least at the start they didn't want to shut down the street from the gate there. Thats good news for me because I use that gate 99 percent of the times when I go

Wanted to Double Post and say this (as I did on State of USH), Work for P515 should begin either by the beginning of the year or early next year. It is going to be their next major project after Hollywood Drift, and the work clearing shouldn't be as extensive.

As a repeating: This will be the park's next major project after Hollywood Drift--as far as I have been aware of the matter. This project is a massive undertaking even with the simple clearing, as it will redefine USH in a lot of ways.

Wanted to Double Post and say this (as I did on State of USH), Work for P515 should begin either by the beginning of the year or early next year. It is going to be their next major project after Hollywood Drift, and the work clearing shouldn't be as extensive.

As a repeating: This will be the park's next major project after Hollywood Drift--as far as I have been aware of the matter. This project is a massive undertaking even with the simple clearing, as it will redefine USH in a lot of ways.
USH Resort-time baby! Hope to possibly see the inclusion of additional activities that cater to multiple days at the park. More shows, maybe the escape games? Can't wait for this next phase!

USH Resort-time baby! Hope to possibly see the inclusion of additional activities that cater to multiple days at the park. More shows, maybe the escape games? Can't wait for this next phase!

I really think a key thing that should be happening and I hope is happening--is that this prompts them to bring in more nightlife and evening activities.

I am not asking for a small theater, but stuff like Howl at The Moon returning; the Bowling alley on the second floor above Margharitaville, even some form of indoor mini golf would be a great way to keep guests hooked and staying on site after the park times.

I really think a key thing that should be happening and I hope is happening--is that this prompts them to bring in more nightlife and evening activities.

I am not asking for a small theater, but stuff like Howl at The Moon returning; the Bowling alley on the second floor above Margharitaville, even some form of indoor mini golf would be a great way to keep guests hooked and staying on site after the park times.
Both In and out of park please! Castle show, streetmosphere, maybe even a parade? Bowlero, monstermini golf, splitsville in citywalk. So many great things could really fill out the nightlife of CityWalk! It definitely has felt different since the removal of theatre.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush