Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 108 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should of built a calm boat ride for Toon Lagoon. The ride has thrilling soaked to the bone rides but it could of used one relaxing family no height requirement one.

I'm here for that. I've been hoping for Universal to add a relaxing boat ride. Something I can get on after stuffing my face at Mythos or Springfield.

That would be nice. Hopefully in the new KidZone...

I hope they deliver on the boat ride through the fluorescent forest, and make it a truly immersive experience. I don't wanna see ceilings, ducts, or any of that crap...

All depends what the ride ends up being. A simulator should be significantly less expensive than the Test Track ride system.

I'm more referring to the sculpting/resculpting of the Range... the simulator will be less expensive. But the level of detail in the model and the fact that the whole thing will be bio-luminescent at night...

Yeah, has anyone noticed that in one of the concept pics it is suggesting that at night it'll have some kind of light up effect for your footsteps on the paths of the land? Is that just adding extra touches to the concept art, or is that something they could actually do in a way that wouldn't wear out very quickly? It would be a neat effect that kids would absolutely love if it worked.

That would be nice. Hopefully in the new KidZone...

I hope they deliver on the boat ride through the fluorescent forest, and make it a truly immersive experience. I don't wanna see ceilings, ducts, or any of that crap...

You mean like Ariel's Warehouse Adventure?

Oh I don't think it'll be Pandora's Box at all.

I don't see Pandora's Box being used by Disney at all. I think Universal or another park that's pressed for space would utilize a similar technology first.

And as an IP, does Avatar have enough firepower for Disney to get a ROI if the project runs over $500 million.
Well, if the film comes out when it is stated right now, the IP should be hot again at that time. Disney's putting a lot of faith in Cameron that these sequels will drive interest in people coming to see the new land and more importantly, spending money while they are there.

If the final result of the land looks just like the concept art it will be awesome...the rides are what im truly concerned about. They better be as good as the environment we will walk through.

If the final result of the land looks just like the concept art it will be awesome...the rides are what im truly concerned about. They better be as good as the environment we will walk through.

It depends on which art you are looking at. This was the first concept art master shot:

1Avatar_1.jpg

To me this is completely blue sky and doesn't compare to the model:

Or the concept art at 2:09 in the video. These have one giant floating mountain anchored by two "land based" mountains and not the many in the first picture.

I watched Avatar and thought that it was ok. It doesn't seem to hold enough weight to get a huge theme park land "off the ground" (lol floating mountains), but maybe we should reserve judgement until after the next film. And if things do wind up taking a turn with the production of the movies and the development of the land, maybe it will get earmarked yet again for another big film project. What about Percy Jackson and the Olympians? I'm not caught up on that franchise or who distributes the films, but mythological creatures seem like a much more natural inheritance to what was initially supposed to be the Beastly Kingdomme.

Status
Not open for further replies.