Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but if they can pull off any floating mountains convincingly at all we have to give it up to them.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't be impressed with one flying mountain, we should indeed. But I'm saying for that particular poster (and other posters who look at the concept art with the multiple floating mountains) to not have the expectations too high. Look at the model for the best representation it seems.

James Cameron is a notorious perfectionist--we shouldn't be worried at all about execution. Cameron would never sign off on anything less than impossibly stellar.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't be impressed with one flying mountain, we should indeed. But I'm saying for that particular poster (and other posters who look at the concept art with the multiple floating mountains) to not have the expectations too high. Look at the model for the best representation it seems.

Oh I totally see what you're saying, and that really wasn't directed at you. But if they pull off an awe-inspiring floating mountain, and somebody on here goes "well there were more mountains in the concept art. meh." I'm going to slap them :lol:

The Mymagic bands make me think someone @ Disney has been playing Roller Coaster Tycoon and want to be able to see everything by putting their cursor over a park guest and know where they have been, where they are, where they are going next,where they are eating,ect.

:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Now we sit and wait for Comcast to counter the Avatar announcement :happy:

If this is really going to cost 700 Million to make, maybe they should have put that money into a franchise that will sell merchandise. Like um...Star Wars? I would imagine that this project will soak up future project budget into the far future.

Like I said earlier, the only real financial befit I see from this, is that AK will now become a full day/night park, which will increase guest spending..but also cause more daily operations fees.

It's a pretty big gamble if you ask me.

Also, does this mean we will see Navii versions of Mickey, Minnie, Pluto?

The concept art looks beautiful! But it massively contradicts itself when you look at the picture of the model... :inquisitive: 2017 also though? Jeeze, I'll be around 27-28 years old when it's meant to open... :stunned: Overall, I'm looking forward to whatever actually happens as I'm an Avatar fan. :thumbs:

I'm quite keen to see this thing grow. Wonder how they will pull off the floating mountain? And further more could it house a ride system?

Wow that video and concept art looked amazing! If they can truly make all that happen, I will be greatly impressed. I really dig how they transform the land when transitioning from day to night. Yes, this land is taking a long, but if it's as breath-taking as it looks, the wait will be well worth it.

What I loved about the announcement is their willingness to admit DAK is a half-day park right now. Now with this land (which will be made to look extra beautiful at night), plus the addition of a nighttime show, a night safari, etc., the improvements on DAK is going to be even more than just Avatar. Can't wait.

If this is really going to cost 700 Million to make, maybe they should have put that money into a franchise that will sell merchandise. Like um...Star Wars? I would imagine that this project will soak up future project budget into the far future.

Like I said earlier, the only real financial befit I see from this, is that AK will now become a full day/night park, which will increase guest spending..but also cause more daily operations fees.

It's a pretty big gamble if you ask me.

Also, does this mean we will see Navii versions of Mickey, Minnie, Pluto?

No need to bring logic to the Disney boards

I think that popularity-wise this attraction will be a hit regardless of the property simply because of who built it and how much ridiculous marketing we are going to see with it..While an Avatar action figure may not sell am Avatar Mickey will so there is plenty of ROI potential unfortunately..I'm not so sure the fact that it is even an IP really matters (which is why they should have just built Beastly Kingdom)..

maybe they should have put that money into a franchise that will sell merchandise. Like um...Star Wars?

Star Wars for DHS seems like a pretty solid done-deal at this point. Both parks need the major investments, so it seems like Disney might actually have itself somewhat together for once.

If they manage to redo some of the Epcot Pavilions like they handled Test Track, WDW might actually be somewhat exciting in 5 years.

Star Wars for DHS seems like a pretty solid done-deal at this point. Both parks need the major investments, so it seems like Disney might actually have itself somewhat together for once.

If they manage to redo some of the Epcot Pavilions like they handled Test Track, WDW might actually be somewhat exciting in 5 years.

All of that is still too little, too late.

EPCOT, DHS, and DAK all need DCA-type work.

Reactions: SirLink
All of that is still too little, too late.

EPCOT, DHS, and DAK all need DCA-type work.

Of course, but I'd argue AK along with the new night show and night safari is at least leaning towards DCA-levels. Plus AK in no way needs the bulldozing that DCA required. Sure there is still things to fix, but DCA still has its own issues.

DHS is up in the air of course and probably requires the most aggressive fixes. I hope (as rumoured) that Star Wars is only half the puzzle, along with Pixar additions and DCA like placemaking (as insiders have suggested could be one plan). Of course this puts future DHS somewhere between a 50% fix or 90% fix depending on which direction they head. Lets hope for the second.

Epcot worries me the most, but honestly just requires some systematic gutting and redoing nearly everything in Future World. They could probably fix Epcot for the smallest budget of the three, but whether they will in five years is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.