Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 355 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question around the new land.
We are planning to be in WDW that opening weekend (May 27-31). Are they limiting entry to AK for CMs?
Not sure I'd even want to venture there at that time, but just curious if we could go there in the evening with my daughter on her CM passes.

We are planning to be in WDW that opening weekend (May 27-31). Are they limiting entry to AK for CMs?
Not sure I'd even want to venture there at that time, but just curious if we could go there in the evening with my daughter on her CM passes.

If would appear there will be some restrictions in place according to this: Block-out Dates

CMs have entry to the land for previews, however once May 27th comes around, CMs are blocked out of DAK until August I believe. You may want to check with her just to make sure though seeing as she would have access to The Hub/blockout dates.

CMs have entry to the land for previews, however once May 27th comes around, CMs are blocked out of DAK until August I believe. You may want to check with her just to make sure though seeing as she would have access to The Hub/blockout dates.
Blockout Dates is a public site Block-out Dates

Based on that, it appears as of May 20th all the way through at the very least the end of July is when CM Main Entrance passes are blocked out from. CMs themselves don't have too long of a blockout period
Thanks, I was pretty sure we had discussed this already in the thread.
Luckily, my son will be an attractions CM starting in August so I'll get a shot later this year.

EDIT - So, according to that Disney based blackout date site, the only days we could not get into DAK would be the 27-29th, so the 30th is definitely an option.

Last edited:
Thanks, I was pretty sure we had discussed this already in the thread.
Luckily, my son will be an attractions CM starting in August so I'll get a shot later this year.

EDIT - So, according to that Disney based blackout date site, the only days we could not get into DAK would be the 27-29th, so the 30th is definitely an option.
I had to click it three times to get it to show the correct dates for AK, give it another try

This land absolutely fascinates me. Partly in a "new theme park land, so shiny" kind of way and partly in a "let's go look at that train-wreck" kind of way

This land absolutely fascinates me. Partly in a "new theme park land, so shiny" kind of way and partly in a "let's go look at that train-wreck" kind of way
I don't think it will be a trainwreck in any way, but will it be the massive success that Disney wanted it to be? No. I feel like the boat ride will disappoint based on what I initially expected years ago, but I still have hope for Flight of Passage.

It should be good, but it's not going to change crowd patterns and guests perspective of DAK as much as Disney wants it to. Certainly won't make it a full day park. If anything, it'll just reverse people's day at DAK and start in the afternoon through night instead of morning to mid-afternoon.

I don't think it will be a trainwreck in any way, but will it be the massive success that Disney wanted it to be? No. I feel like the boat ride will disappoint based on what I initially expected years ago, but I still have hope for Flight of Passage.

It should be good, but it's not going to change crowd patterns and guests perspective of DAK as much as Disney wants it to. Certainly won't make it a full day park. If anything, it'll just reverse people's day at DAK and start in the afternoon through night instead of morning to mid-afternoon.
That's totally fair. There just seems to be a lot of interesting decisions being made with this land. Flight of Passage has barely been shown off. The food looks good, but strange. The uniforms are something else. I'm just really curious how it will all coalesce together into something cohesive.

Reactions: Mad Dog
im curious what do you think is the train wreck?
Train-wreck was perhaps too strong. Honestly, I don't feel like I have a strong sense about how everybody (public + our community) is going to respond to Avatar. It feels like we know the reaction before the land opens. We knew how Diagon would be perceived. We had a good idea how Kong would be perceived. This...I honestly don't know. I could see it being a hit. I could see it being a massive flop. I could see it being "meh."

The fact that I don't know what to expect makes me worried for the land. It's nothing concrete. Just a gut feeling.

Also, the fact that there's so little known about Flight of Passage. No ride footage. No queue previews. Just that little thing from The View.

Train-wreck was perhaps too strong. Honestly, I don't feel like I have a strong sense about how everybody (public + our community) is going to respond to Avatar. It feels like we know the reaction before the land opens. We knew how Diagon would be perceived. We had a good idea how Kong would be perceived. This...I honestly don't know. I could see it being a hit. I could see it being a massive flop. I could see it being "meh."

The fact that I don't know what to expect makes me worried for the land. It's nothing concrete. Just a gut feeling.

Also, the fact that there's so little known about Flight of Passage. No ride footage. No queue previews. Just that little thing from The View.
appreciate your honesty:)

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Status
Not open for further replies.