Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Via Attractions Magazine:

Not exactly sure what we're looking at here. Then again, Disney's just honing in on that themselves. :lol:

We're looking at... drum roll... empty land! :lol:

It would be awesome if Disney would go all out and create a true Pandora area, not a just a ride within an area that vaguely resembles a watered down place you might find within Pandora... I always thought Avatar had great potential visually.

:shrug:

Pretty troubling that if that is all we get as of now, construction has not even begun and won't be completed for opening unitl at least 2015. Not good for a park that has not had an actual new attraction in years.

Pretty troubling that if that is all we get as of now, construction has not even begun and won't be completed for opening unitl at least 2015. Not good for a park that has not had an actual new attraction in years.

2015 is VERY optimistic. Construction won't likely start until this time next year.

I was definitely being generous and pretending they funded a huge budget for fast construction...after seeing that pic they could perhaps pull that off. Most of it is just cleared land.

It is going to be a cheap out and be mostly themed to "What much of Pandora became without intervention efforts" Sadly, I am not trying to kid much.

Some are saying the pictures looks photoshopped. Disney would never do such a thing, would they? :lol:

I doubt that it is. Even with it not being photshopped the 'announcement' was pathetic enough. After all this time passed in planning what is so amazingly new that there needs to be a grand gathering to let everyone know they are...still workin' on it. Nothing of value.

I doubt that it is. Even with it not being photshopped the 'announcement' was pathetic enough. After all this time passed in planning what is so amazingly new that there needs to be a grand gathering to let everyone know they are...still workin' on it. Nothing of value.

Oh, this Avatar project (one I was on board with) is really embarrassing. And yes, the announcement, if we can call it that, was pathetic. But not unexpected. Lower your expectations and Disney delivers all the time, for WDW anyway.

2015 is VERY optimistic. Construction won't likely start until this time next year.

The demarcation line is hiring/casting of Festival of the Lion King and any construction notices of it's moving to Africa.

Once you see those, then you'll see Avatarville coming into play. Until then, it's all up in the air.

The demarcation line is hiring/casting of Festival of the Lion King and any construction notices of it's moving to Africa.

Once you see those, then you'll see Avatarville coming into play. Until then, it's all up in the air.

And it seems Festival of the Lion King is now safe til at least September 2013.

As a completely unbiased opinion (basically...I don't give a crap), I think some are being a bit hard on Avatar. When this was announced, absolutely NOTHING had even started. And while Avatar is not my favorite franchise by any stretch, a good ride is a good ride. Avatar has the potential to be translated into a great theme park area, it all depends how far Disney is willing to go with it.

As a completely unbiased opinion (basically...I don't give a crap), I think some are being a bit hard on Avatar. When this was announced, absolutely NOTHING had even started. And while Avatar is not my favorite franchise by any stretch, a good ride is a good ride. Avatar has the potential to be translated into a great theme park area, it all depends how far Disney is willing to go with it.

This.

I agree, it's just the way they announced it, it felt very knee-jerk. Now that we know they hadn't even nailed down anything except the theme park rights to the avatar franchise, it obviously was very knee-jerk.

Exactly. The land could be spectacular, if Disney allows it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.