Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if a certain AA had a serious fault that resulted in a part controlling the majority of the motion breaking but it didn't affect the ride itself, would you as a manager refuse to run a multi-million dollar attraction during the day just because one of the AAs is broken? Take into account, when you shut down a ride, you lose a pretty good bit of park capacity and therefore, daily profit.

It doesn't matter. There's a such thing as "show readiness" (or there USED to be), where if a ride racked up a certain amount of "points" for things broken down, it had to close. And sometimes it reached its quota by having one figure down.

Having a multitude of effects broken is poor show. Poor show reflects against the overall product.

It doesn't matter. There's a such thing as "show readiness" (or there USED to be), where if a ride racked up a certain amount of "points" for things broken down, it had to close. And sometimes it reached its quota by having one figure down.

Having a multitude of effects broken is poor show. Poor show reflects against the overall product.

I completely agree with you. I feel no shame in saying that I'm appalled that Dinosaur is allowed to open every morning with so many show effects turned off, but my point was its not the decision of Ops cast members (its the managers'). Poor show does reflect poor product and just a general sense of "meh, guests won't know the difference anyway" feeling from upper management.

It's mid - upper management's decision to run the ride under certain show conditions and what to think about fixing. When that manager thinks that if he/she doesn't give the "OK" in the morning because an animatronic is out, he/she is thinking about the high possibility of being reprimanded by his/her manager above him/her for limiting park capacity for the day. It's a vicious chain of awful decisions, but it doesn't rely on the Park Ops cast members.

I remember Dinosaur being a fantastic ride when I went on it....gosh, 10 years or so ago? Sounds like it's absolutely terrible now. What a bummer.

I remember Dinosaur being a fantastic ride when I went on it....gosh, 10 years or so ago? Sounds like it's absolutely terrible now. What a bummer.

A lot of it is stuff you, or the average tourist would not notice or miss, but when you work there or have rode it 50 times you notice these things.

Nope, Development of Pandora: The World Of Avatar is moving along right on schedule for the planned 2109 opening. Just in time for the 100th Anniversary of the original movie.

By then no one would care cause no one would be able to afford to go. plus, Florida will have been swallowed up by the Atlantic Ocean by then. :)

Dead is such a strong word. Maybe flatlined would be a better fit :lol:

This is James Cameron we are talking about, expect a slow pace of fits and starts and then something amazing. He has made it clear Avatar is his legacy, I think this will happen, but I believe other projects get moving before Pandora. Why all the hate on here for Pandora? Avatar is an IP for the next 30 years, it is like building a Star Wars park immediately after A New Hope.

while I am not a big fan of bringing in NON Disney properties into Disney parks, Avatar does fit in with the theme of Animal Kingdom IMVHO. And Id personally like to see it more than something like Beastly kingdom that has NO movie tie in at all be it disney or not disney

I think its going to make a nice addition to the park if Disney does it right. I hope they do and they do it before I die

This is James Cameron we are talking about, expect a slow pace of fits and starts and then something amazing. He has made it clear Avatar is his legacy, I think this will happen, but I believe other projects get moving before Pandora. Why all the hate on here for Pandora? Avatar is an IP for the next 30 years, it is like building a Star Wars park immediately after A New Hope.

Comparing Avatar to A New Hope = :rofl:

I could see them doing an attraction like Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey where it utilizes the kuka robotic arm and 3D screens as well as props. The arm would be like the side chair of the helicopter/gunship/ whatever you want to call it and the the ride takes place during the final battle in the movie and have one of the flying alien bird creatures spray something and get in guest's faces just like the Hungarian Horntail Dragon in Forbidden Journey.

I went to Animal Kingdom yesterday for only the third time ever. It needs SOMETHING. What attractions do they have really?
The Safari is good but it closes at like 4:45. Rapids ride? Never. Wild mouse? Vomit. Everest? Broken. Dinosaur? ok. Tough to be a Bug? ok. And stage shows? zzzzz
Its a half day park at best and hardly anything to do at night after the animals are in bed.
I didn't really like Avatar but I see its potential. It looks cool and it does fit the story line of AK. Moreso than Star Wars would.
Anyway just my opinion.

i think its silly to compare avatar to star wars however i will say that you along with others dont give avatar near enough credit..it was a huge commercial and critical success (9 nominations)

furthermore if you hate avatar so much why bother coming to this thread? why not just avoid since its such a bad ideal in your mind.....i could care less about the simpsons expansion but i get it that people may like it but i dont go to the thread and every 4th post say in a different way why i hate it...i mean we get it you dont like it move on and if it gets built dont go

Like it or not to a whole new generation it is exactly like 'A New Hope'. Which yes makes me sad inside.

- - - Updated - - -

Are there any freshish rumors on the land outside of the Soarin-like setup that was rumored a few months ago?

Like it or not to a whole new generation it is exactly like 'A New Hope'. Which yes makes me sad inside.

I completely disagree. Avatar made a ton at the box office but did not strike a cord or imbed itself in the general populace like Star Wars did. Avatar is more of a joke today than a beloved film.

For everyone who think this is still coming, just think about it, what would be smarter to build and profitibale....Avatar, pay a royalty fee and have to deal with the headache of Cameron? Or develop probably THE largest IP in existence, AND you own it so you control the creative for it....

Status
Not open for further replies.