Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's hilarious.

And yeah, Bob isn't having a good week. Aside from writing his way to a free ticket to Capitol Hill, he is at WDW as we speak trying to figure out why NextGen isn't working and who to fire because of it.

That the real reason he's there? Oi.

No :censored: they announced the thing like a year and a half ago :lol:

Well, that doesn't really matter. Construction was never supposed to start until this year anyway. But with the closure of Festival of the Lion king already pushed back once (it was supposed to close relatively soon) and now it looks like it's been pushed back again, things are looking "worse" all the time.

Well, that doesn't really matter. Construction was never supposed to start until this year anyway. But with the closure of Festival of the Lion king already pushed back once (it was supposed to close relatively soon) and now it looks like it's been pushed back again, things are looking "worse" all the time.

Or better, depending on which side of the fence you sit.
Personally I would like to see something but like you say it looks less and less likely, especially with rumoured budget cuts,/value engineering, Camerons temperament, axed attractions and Star Wars now on the table the future does look bleak for this project.

Because a Star War expansion is rumored to take over the expansion site for Avatar.

ok i understand there's some logic there, but honestly i don't think of Animal Kingdom when i see Star Wars. i think space and one of the greatest breakthroughs of film history (aka it should keep to maybe expanding to MK and DHS). it doesn't fit in AK as a theme. Avatar makes more sense.

I really hope WDW gets moving on some kind of expansion or new ride in DAK, DHS, or EPCOT. It seems no one in upper management can make up their mind on what direction to go. I always here about a new attraction getting the green light but years go by and nothing happens. Universal continues to impress while WDW keeps pushing new FL and MyMagic+ on us as their innovative expansion projects. Sorry guess I'm still bummed about Tony Baxter retiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.