Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@wdwparksfan

i think it's cause they're not sure what would attract a big enough audience to rival that of Harry Potter and Transformers, and i agree Disney's very limited here their hesitance, while really annoying, isn't unwarranted their whole situation is a mess.

the Fantasyland Expansion was a hit, but that can only last so long eventually the area will just be written off as just another area for kids in a park that has an atmosphere of kid centered attractions to begin with the hype will die down fast when it's fully complete they need to make a decision on something cool and exciting to counter the stuff Universal's got but the only problem with that attempt is that Disney has the impressionable, fantastical spectacles and sights in their parks that come together to make an exciting compilation while Universal aims for the exciting attractions to make an impressionable park. they're two different kinds of amusement parks and Disney's trying to find something that will push them to be the Universal kind of park but the parks weren't built to be like that and it could potentially backfire on them.

Can someone show me how to reserve my ride time on Avatar in 2017? Thank you.

Can someone show me how to reserve my ride time on Avatar in 2017? Thank you.

Sure thing, first we'll need to know the location of any of your mothers visible birthmarks and what Disney character they resemble most. Second you'll need to give up the rights to your first born but he or she can have their interests shared with other companies at no additional charge :)

Seriously they spent money to put fastpass+ on imagination with figmant in Epcot, really? I have never seen that more than a walk on - lol I wouldn't read too much into putting in fastpass+ for lion king, which is a popular show and could use it.

Seriously they spent money to put fastpass+ on imagination with figmant in Epcot, really? I have never seen that more than a walk on - lol I wouldn't read too much into putting in fastpass+ for lion king, which is a popular show and could use it.

First, I have no reason to know if what you say is true because I only go to DL now, but if you're right:

Because it is not about helping lines or shrinking waits. That was the point of our exhaustive conversation a few weeks ago. You bring up a great -case in point- It is about tricking people at home months in advance to waste one of their options on a ride that does not need FP. When you are at the park, you can quickly size an attraction up to see if it is worthy of your FP issuance. At home, to unsuspecting first time visitors, or worse those who remember "the Figment ride" as a great attraction, that is one less FP Disney has to give for a ride that is more popular. Disney has to mess up a bunch of attractions that really don't need FP in order to fabricate a 2nd or 3rd tier of FP attractions for guests to choose from on their magical microcomputer.

As we discussed, when they can't alter a ride's theoretical ride capacity, all they can do is play a shell game in trying to divert guests. FP+ on JIYIWFI#(&*@ is one way of doing so. The larger point is what is with Disney tricking people like this? It is completely backwards in this service industry. I can't imagine Loews Resorts tricking guests into taking worse rooms. Giving free upgrades to views of the dumpsters. It's really odd.

Last edited:
Sure thing, first we'll need to know the location of any of your mothers visible birthmarks and what Disney character they resemble most. Second you'll need to give up the rights to your first born but he or she can have their interests shared with other companies at no additional charge :)

Done.

First, I have no reason to know if what you say is true because I only go to DL now, but if you're right:

They did. I was there this past weekend and rode the ride. They have the same fastpass+ things (covered up right now) in front of it as they do all the other rides. I agree, they are tricking people, but I am hoping most people to fall for it, because like I said, I have NEVER seen a wait on that ride.

I know this is way off topic, but some day I have to look up what this ride used to be... so many people talk about how it used to be better.

They did. I was there this past weekend and rode the ride. They have the same fastpass+ things (covered up right now) in front of it as they do all the other rides. I agree, they are tricking people, but I am hoping most people to fall for it, because like I said, I have NEVER seen a wait on that ride.

I know this is way off topic, but some day I have to look up what this ride used to be... so many people talk about how it used to be better.

But then if Disney manages to trick people into thinking its a popular ride, so then the ride gets a que, then Disney will start to think that the ride is popular at keep it there forever.

It did used to be much better (and about twice as long)
It included TWO original characters and was much more fun, colorful, whimsical - everything!

I rode the current ride a few weeks ago (only to get out of the rain.)
There is a scene in that ride where you're sitting in the dark.
Just sitting in the dark.

the horror...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nhEEBPnuro

Thanks for the information. Yes, the old one is MUCH better and should have stayed. It might even have a line if it was the old version :)

Never mind the old Image Works upstairs...
That place WAS Epcot Center for me when I was a kid.
And its still up there rotting...

I'm sorry we were talking about a billion dollar Avatar land...
It would cost like .1% of that to reopen the top floor of Imagination.
Here is just a taste of the awesomeness that was the old Image Works:
michaelinimagination.jpg

What is sad, is that with all these rumored projects, it is Future World that constantly seems to be way down on the priority list.

That would probably work out well. Anything is an improvement at this point. Let's just hope they don't reuse the track layout.

Well now there's a rumor on WDWMagic that Phineas and Ferb are taking over Imagination.

I don't buy it

That would probably work out well. Anything is an improvement at this point. Let's just hope they don't reuse the track layout.

I hate the qualifier "Anything is an improvement". A pile of warm crap would be better than what's in Imagination right now. Doesn't mean I want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.