Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:doh:

To me, this seems like such a tactic to buy time, and not look bad to those expecting Avatar Land... "Let's just cover our a** for five years, and then figure it out..." I bet they even mean that the five years starting from 2013...

if that were the case why mention it at all.seems like you would just let it go

i swear some of you guys (not you felipe) give opinions enough you start to take it facts or evidence...im excited for this project sucks ill be too old to appreciate it

This. I'm still waiting for Australia or South America. Preferably South America... Hyper themed to a racing Jaguar, Amazon river-themed attraction, etc. Could do wonders.
Disney will NEVER build a hyper coaster. Between Grammy's pacemaker and Little Timmy's Hyperactivity Disorder too much excitement and things could get ugly real fast. Best they just stick with Omnimovers and spinners.

Whatever they build, I'm sure it will be worth the park seeing nothing new for over a decade. :rolleyes:

They should build a Lion King dark ride in DAK while they contemplate what to do with Avatar. The park needs an omnimover dark ride with no height restrictions.

They should build a Lion King dark ride in DAK while they contemplate what to do with Avatar. The park needs an omnimover dark ride with no height restrictions.

it's not a park you just plug rides in left and right. not that kind of park, like MK or MGM. it's supposed to be centered of wildlife and preservation of nature. clearing part of the park doesn't perpetuate what the message is. it's different with Avatar cause that movie had the same message as DAK does, therefore further building upon wildlife and nature as a theme at the park.

now, i'd prefer a sort Kiliminjaro Safari-ish kind of ride that takes you on a tour through the Pride Lands and you enter certain areas that have either animatronics or a dark ride room with a scene from the movie. an idea i had once was to sort explore the PL via glider, but either way would work just fine. it'd continue to practice the "preservation of nature and wildlife" theme because you could fly or drive through plains of actual animals while also providing you an actual attraction similar to Little Mermaid and Peter Pan.

it's not a park you just plug rides in left and right. not that kind of park, like MK or MGM. it's supposed to be centered of wildlife and preservation of nature. clearing part of the park doesn't perpetuate what the message is. it's different with Avatar cause that movie had the same message as DAK does, therefore further building upon wildlife and nature as a theme at the park.

now, i'd prefer a sort Kiliminjaro Safari-ish kind of ride that takes you on a tour through the Pride Lands and you enter certain areas that have either animatronics or a dark ride room with a scene from the movie. an idea i had once was to sort explore the PL via glider, but either way would work just fine. it'd continue to practice the "preservation of nature and wildlife" theme because you could fly or drive through plains of actual animals while also providing you an actual attraction similar to Little Mermaid and Peter Pan.

That certainly sounds a lot better and I hope one day an attraction like that will be built in DAK.

Last edited:
I would love for them to add some more actual "ANIMALS" :lol: Would be great if they could add some pandas to Asia.

I'm guessing it has something to do with China not being the easiest to deal with in regards to pandas.

They have the space to add another continent. Despite the ridiculous number of species located in South America, I think Australia would add more variety.

Although there aren't any major Disney movies located in Australia. And frankly the rain forest needs more awareness brought up in relation to environmental protection.

Also everything in Australia is terrifying.

Bah. I'm conflicted.

I'm guessing it has something to do with China not being the easiest to deal with in regards to pandas.

They have the space to add another continent. Despite the ridiculous number of species located in South America, I think Australia would add more variety.

Although there aren't any major Disney movies located in Australia. And frankly the rain forest needs more awareness brought up in relation to environmental protection.

Also everything in Australia is terrifying.

Bah. I'm conflicted.

I have briefly read on some of the stipulations China has with their pandas and can see why it is a hassle. You would think though with Disney building the park over there it would be a little easier for them to deal with China since there is some what of a relationship there. Sucks the closest Panda we have to us is in Atlanta.

I really dont have a preference on either South America or Australia

Im still shocked they even built RnR
Eisner was CEO back then (and he actually cared). The only thrill ride that has opened at Disney since his departure (Expedition: Everest), he himself actually had a part in making a reality. WDW has really become a stale, kiddie-oriented place since Eisner left (even if he wasn't at his best at that point).

I doubt pandas will ever happen. Don't hold your breath.

I got to hold an adolescent female panda while I was in China. Just about crushed my legs. Very cute though.

Im putting this on here because i dont usually come on the Disney forums and this is the only forum it seems people are interested in. As far as Animal Kingdom goes lol but i noticed the Yeti is back in Expedition Everest! and the part that was away for awhile and my first time seeing also is back..the part where you see the shadow of the Yeti and he breaks the track! I was like ive never seen that before haha I guess it wasnt working the last few times i had gone on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.