Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Panda are only allowed in the best of zoos. From what I read somewhere years ago is that the Animal Kingdom is actually fairly poor on the scale. Not sure how accurate that is though, its been a long time.

^Animal Kingdom should not even be classified as a zoo. A zoo doesn't have world class themed dark rides, roller coasters, and shows. If you took all that away and left just the animals, then it would be possibly the worst zoo ever...but top 10 lists show Animal Kingdom is one of the best zoos - which I think is dumb.

Panda are only allowed in the best of zoos. From what I read somewhere years ago is that the Animal Kingdom is actually fairly poor on the scale. Not sure how accurate that is though, its been a long time.

Personally, Animal Kingdom is one of the few zoos/parks where I don't feel bad for the animals. The exhibits look very natural, and the whole place doesn't reek of poop!

^Animal Kingdom should not even be classified as a zoo. A zoo doesn't have world class themed dark rides, roller coasters, and shows. If you took all that away and left just the animals, then it would be possibly the worst zoo ever...but top 10 lists show Animal Kingdom is one of the best zoos - which I think is dumb.
Personally, Animal Kingdom is one of the few zoos/parks where I don't feel bad for the animals. The exhibits look very natural, and the whole place doesn't reek of poop!
A zoo can be any place that holds exotic animals. I am not saying the place is bad but not the best standards of care. Or no enough healthy animals. By no measure is it a jail, but on a scale for panda it doesn't come close as in order to be approved you need to have a curtain amount of births, work with other zoos and number on unhealthy animals. Top 10 lists go by the guest popularity, as well as individual opinion. Plus the zoos picked also have to have the correct weather or are willing to set up temperature controls. Pandas are highly protected and are really stubborn when it comes to breeding so they are only ever given to the top zoos. Which I what I meant by that which I really should made clearer.

the yeti at the end of Expedition Everest your talking about rite?..because i was at Animal Kingdom yesterday and rode Expedition Everest 3 times in a row and i saw the Yeti moving and the lights flickering on and off. Am i missing something??

the yeti at the end of Expedition Everest your talking about rite?..because i was at Animal Kingdom yesterday and rode Expedition Everest 3 times in a row and i saw the Yeti moving and the lights flickering on and off. Am i missing something??

I don't think you understand. :lol:

There is absolutely no way it was running. Have you ever seen something under just a strobe light? It gives the illusion it was moving. The yeti has a major engineering issue with its foundation. It won't operate again unless the attraction goes down for them to fix it.

I totally believe you thought you saw him moving. But I can guarantee you, without a shadow of a doubt, that he's still broken. If you wanna discuss this further, this conversation should move over to the Condition of the Yeti thread.

Im more of a Unviersal guy so i dont usually go on these pages..but i guess i never saw the original version of the Yeti and i just thought that's how it was. I was gonna say it was definitely there and working but i didnt know they still show it? because i went on it one time and it didnt even show it with the strobelights. So you can see how i was confused.

Im more of a Unviersal guy so i dont usually go on these pages..but i guess i never saw the original version of the Yeti and i just thought that's how it was. I was gonna say it was definitely there and working but i didnt know they still show it? because i went on it one time and it didnt even show it with the strobelights. So you can see how i was confused.

It was not working as it originally did....bottom line. I was lucky enough to ride it several times back when it first opened and he was fully functional...there was no mistaking he was moving. The fact that it's been broke (for like ever and ever) has been discussed thousands of times. I suggest you check out this link....

http://www.discoyeti.com/

It was not working as it originally did....bottom line. I was lucky enough to ride it several times back when it first opened and he was fully functional...there was no mistaking he was moving. The fact that it's been broke (for like ever and ever) has been discussed thousands of times. I suggest you check out this link....

http://www.discoyeti.com/

ok..like i said i dont usually go on the Disney forums at all. This is actually the first time ive ever been at a Disney forum. So you can see why i wouldnt know all that.

ok..like i said i dont usually go on the Disney forums at all. This is actually the first time ive ever been at a Disney forum. So you can see why i wouldnt know all that.
Originally he lunged at the train and took a swipe at it with his right arm. Imagineering bragged that the AA used the force of a 747. Well, that force cause the concrete foundation to literally crumble. They then put the scene into "B-Mode", which is a stationary Yeti with a strobe effect to appear as if he is moving, but he is not. Thus he was dubbed, "Disco Yeti". There is even now a web site commemorating TDO's "EPIC FAIL".

http://www.discoyeti.com

3p7O7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.