Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally he lunged at the train and took a swipe at it with his right arm. Imagineering bragged that the AA used the force of a 747. Well, that force cause the concrete foundation to literally crumble. They then put the scene into "B-Mode", which is a stationary Yeti with a strobe effect to appear as if he is moving, but he is not. Thus he was dubbed, "Disco Yeti". There is even now a web site commemorating TDO's "EPIC FAIL".

http://www.discoyeti.com

3p7O7.jpg

Copycat!! :p

Personally, Animal Kingdom is one of the few zoos/parks where I don't feel bad for the animals. The exhibits look very natural, and the whole place doesn't reek of poop!

Agreed! All that's missing is South America and a sloth!

- - - Updated - - -

It was not working as it originally did....bottom line. I was lucky enough to ride it several times back when it first opened and he was fully functional...there was no mistaking he was moving. The fact that it's been broke (for like ever and ever) has been discussed thousands of times. I suggest you check out this link....

http://www.discoyeti.com/
I was lucky enough to see it as well. It was amazing.

I think Australia would add more variety.

Although there aren't any major Disney movies located in Australia. And frankly the rain forest needs more awareness brought up in relation to environmental protection.

Also everything in Australia is terrifying.

Bah. I'm conflicted.

Not true- Finding Nemo takes place in the Great Barrier Reef, and the dentist's office is located in Sydney.

I'm guessing it has something to do with China not being the easiest to deal with in regards to pandas.

They have the space to add another continent. Despite the ridiculous number of species located in South America, I think Australia would add more variety.

Although there aren't any major Disney movies located in Australia. And frankly the rain forest needs more awareness brought up in relation to environmental protection.

Also everything in Australia is terrifying.

Bah. I'm conflicted.

the Amazon Rainforest would actually be the best option for DAK, and Australia as well (btw Finding Nemo disagrees with what you said :smiley: ).

also, i think DAK should change Camp Minnie-Mickey to represent a land sort of themed after USA National Park wildlife, and utilize the themeing provided by Pocahontas and Bambi in natural wildlife in forests and woods.

given all of these new ideas to work with, DAK would be more well-rounded in global geographical wildlife: Asia's rural theme, African savannah, rain forests, the Australian Outback and Yellowstone National Park, with extra ounces of detail from the pre-historic land (which should cover more than just dinosaurs, but other periods and eons that pre-date the Dark Ages) as well a land dedicated to alien/fantastical wildlife (as expressed by Pandora and other movies/books about science fiction).

so much can be added to the park to make it an exact model of how to look at nature in a overview, they are barely scratching the surface!

Haha I was at Animal Kingdom today sporting my Disco Yeti shirt...and four cast members told me they loved it!

While I like the animal exhibits, the place is just so severely lacking in attractions. Aside from Festival of the Lion King I never set foot in Camp Minnie Mickey. The place is a huge waste of space. I think dark rides based on the Jungle Book, Lion King, as well as lands themed to South America, Austrailia, and North America should be incorporated. Heck, a Brother Bear ride could be in North America, Jungle Book added to Asia, Festival and dark ride of Lion King to Africa, a boat ride and Mayan themed coaster for South America, and maybe a clone of Mystic Manor and I think DAK would become a very well rounded park

The only disney films set in australia are memo, and the rescuers down under. Not much to go with for a whole land. Think south America would be better, much more of a variety of animals. Can have an amazon area themed to Tarzan

The only disney films set in australia are memo, and the rescuers down under. Not much to go with for a whole land. Think south America would be better, much more of a variety of animals. Can have an amazon area themed to Tarzan

There is probably more variety in Australia then South America. Mostly in terms of how different the animals are. Some of the animals will be extremely popular, such as Koalas (NEVER say koala bear since they are nor bears) if Disney even manages to get some and look after them since they are extremely hard to keep outside of Australia, since they only eat certain eucalypt leaves, which is a major issue as the species it does eat doesn't grow all that well outside of Australia. IF you can get them to grow Koalas are easy to look after, there are parks all over Australia with them. They could have snakes, spiders, Platypus, echidna, Emu (Emu is not said as E Moo, as I have only really heard Americans call it that, its kinda annoying), possoms, many many other animals. Even adding a Great barrier reef section and add nemo. But if they do any Australian voices please please please get an Australian to do it and not an American who tries to base the Australian accent of the crocodile hunter, its sounds nothing like us. Most of the country sounds the same, some place sound more like the stereotypical accent and other less so, I am from the East where we have less of it but easy recognizable to US west coasts but it seems when we visit the East we get told we are from the UK.

Last edited:
Haha I was at Animal Kingdom today sporting my Disco Yeti shirt...and four cast members told me they loved it!

While I like the animal exhibits, the place is just so severely lacking in attractions. Aside from Festival of the Lion King I never set foot in Camp Minnie Mickey. The place is a huge waste of space. I think dark rides based on the Jungle Book, Lion King, as well as lands themed to South America, Austrailia, and North America should be incorporated. Heck, a Brother Bear ride could be in North America, Jungle Book added to Asia, Festival and dark ride of Lion King to Africa, a boat ride and Mayan themed coaster for South America, and maybe a clone of Mystic Manor and I think DAK would become a very well rounded park

I love the idea of having a Lion King and Jungle Book dark rides! Those are Disney CLASSICS that deserve attractions! especially in a place like Animal Kingdom like you said, it would be perfect. And im totally game for a Mayan themed coaster like the one in Tokyo Disneysea.

Why does everything have to be linked with a property? Just build Australia and North American and you know write some new stories (EX: Everest, Kilimanjaro, etc)

Why does everything have to be linked with a property? Just build Australia and North American and you know write some new stories (EX: Everest, Kilimanjaro, etc)

I like Animal kingdom to a certain extent but it really could be so much better. I mean there are so many movies they could have easily taken advantage of building in that park. Tarzan, Lion King(needs a dark ride the most!), Jungle Book(this would be probably the most suitable for AK), Brave, Hercules, Aladdin(needs a dark ride the 2nd most!), Chronicles of Narnia, Alice in Wonderland, National Treasure movie(which i love), Pocahontas, Mulan, UP, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc., The Adventures of Huck Finn, Robin Hood, 101 Dalmations, Bambi. And the list goes on..

Now i realize these arent all great rides for Animal Kingdom and they usually try to build other rides than just Disney movies..but my point is there is so much that could be done with this park. And personally, there is more than a few Disney movies that i would love to see made into RIDES.

Last edited:
I've said this once and I'll say it again, DAK isn't the kind of park that NEEDS rides. It was never meant to be that kind of park. Think Epcot but more focus on nature. It shouldn't have rides everywhere. It should have more lands focusing on different areas of wildlife, and if there's something logical there, then have a ride there.

For example, in a national park land, it'd make sense to have a Pocahontas river adventure ride. Utilizing Tarzan as a theme for landscape and a neat coaster in a jungle land. Moving Finding Nemo's musical to Australia and an original Soarin'-esque ride. Those make sense. But just throwing in a ride based on a movie that, while have a style with animals and forests, don't really have anything to do with DAK's theme.

Pocahontas, Tarzan, Jungle Book and Lion King are the only ones that really can be utilized for the DAK theme. And really, for the lands we've all discussed, they're the ones that are easiest to deal with given what's presented already.

Also, I think the idea for having Avatar land represent fantastical wildlife is actually a good idea. But it should be something generic and original to incorporate other fantastical creatures other than aliens. Which was why I'm still hoping for Beastly Kingdom.

i understand the kind of utopian view of animal kingdom and that it shouldnt be about rides but the fact is its still a theme park that charges close to 100.00 a ticket.....im gonna need more rides to make it beneficial for our family to go to

I feel like we'll continue to hear whispers about this 'rumor' for years to come. Such a shame that Disney is having such a hard time getting itself together. While I kind of agree with the idea that Animal Kingdom should be about animals, the average vacationer to Disney (heck, any theme park really) expects rides left and right, which is why EPCOT and Animal Kingdom are so unpopular despite having great attractions + animals/tech - because people expect it to be too 'boring' for the kids. Sad but true. I love the ideas you had and if the park were ever revamped those would be great lands to create. Personally I'm really hoping that if Disney ever does decide to do something with AK, they do the rain forest - you could have amazing exhibits, a lot of smaller things like dart frogs and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.