Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Been at AK today. Was able to FP FoP 5 times. They were also using single rider but split people off at the caves from the regular line for it. With silvers blacked out it is just to damn easy to keep rebooking fastpasses.

Been at AK today. Was able to FP FoP 5 times. They were also using single rider but split people off at the caves from the regular line for it. With silvers blacked out it is just to damn easy to keep rebooking fastpasses.
So, the single rider sign is uncovered!?!

So, the single rider sign is uncovered!?!
No. You have to go in the regular line and then when you enter the cave there at cms asking if people wanna do single. I am not sure if you ask out front they will let you. But earlier in the morning they said no single to someone who asked but then it was going later. So maybe they just want it to be on the down low so it doesn't get swamped.

Reactions: Alicia
No. You have to go in the regular line and then when you enter the cave there at cms asking if people wanna do single. I am not sure if you ask out front they will let you. But earlier in the morning they said no single to someone who asked but then it was going later. So maybe they just want it to be on the down low so it doesn't get swamped.

In theory, when it was built, the Singles and FP would share the queue until that point. The lines are then built as seperate entities. It's smarter to pull from Standby than to try and catch singles in FP.

Reactions: Alicia and sjago13
When the wait was posted 110 it backed up to the bridge outside and the final room before merge was empty. They were yelling at people to keep moving so they really need to deal with the bottleneck at the avatar in the lab.

When the wait was posted 110 it backed up to the bridge outside and the final room before merge was empty. They were yelling at people to keep moving so they really need to deal with the bottleneck at the avatar in the lab.

FJ has a bevvy of spiels they can play to try and expedite people - from "put your bags in the lockers, stupid" to "to expedite the wait for everyone please..." type things. Not that anyone listens to them.

So FOP might have to resort to FJs tactics - super aggressive CM's telling you to keep walking.

Finally got to do Pandora: World of Avatar. FoP gets a 9/10 in my book, I think Disney did an amazing job on the ride itself. Loosing a point only because the edge of the 3D glasses are angled and makes visuals to double. So it was a bit annoying when you are trying to look at everything. Halfway through the ride I made sure I refrained from moving my eyes and just moved my head to where I wanted to focus. The land itself gets a 6/10, not a fan. It's just okay, the highlight is the backdrop covering the ride building, Well Done! it's beautiful, especially the triple arch with the waterfall in the middle, just awesome!, also the central piece with waterfalls and the alien spiters is cute. Besides that, not impressed. The "floating" mountains, are more like a perfect arch. It gave me ZERO feeling of floatation, no separation from rock to rock due to how busy the vine work is.... very disappointed, I think the only wow factor they have is how tall they are, that's about it. The bioluminescent... to be fair my experience with it was the queue line for FoP and that was just plain cheap, looks like Peter Pan's fluorescent paint with blacklight, and also as I walkout of the ride towards the park's exit (it was 9pm). The land was so dark with some plant shaped night lamps. Maybe they didn't have everything on or something IDK. Restaurant food was okay (we had the beef over hash and the burger pods), not something I would crave in the future, but I do recommend the sweet potato hash, wow! that was delicious, and that's coming from a person that HATES sweet potatoes. Chimichurri was good and the Sangrias are awesome.... with plenty of alcohol. Bottom line, Pandora was a great addition to DAK, it needed it! I'm glad is there, but definitely Diagon Alley still on top as best lands in Orlando. I think Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge will be the land that can truly compete with HP, Avatar is not it.

Reactions: UNIrd
This week's Saturday Six article sure looks a lot like my Hidden Details article from a couple weeks ago. With pretty much 6 out of the 10 things on my list. Even includes a video showing off the fake waterfalls of Pandora. Still a good read this morning. I'm a fan of the series.
The old saying is quite appropriate in this case..."Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". :thumbsup:

Where'd the FOP thread go...?

Regardless - learned some deets about the preshow and how it works.

The second preshow is always the same.

The first preshow has a bevy of options. It depends on how long it has been since the doors opened, the doors to the room closed, and if the ride has start.

Depending on elapsed time between door open and close (how long it takes you to get into the room) it can play a long or short intro.

From there, it chooses from a series of 6 scenes to play while it waits for the right timing based on the ride start. If it exhausts these scenes before ride starts it'll switch to the dreaded holding message.

It'll resume the show and play the same matching scene every time once the ride starts.

Where'd the FOP thread go...?

Regardless - learned some deets about the preshow and how it works.

The second preshow is always the same.

The first preshow has a bevy of options. It depends on how long it has been since the doors opened, the doors to the room closed, and if the ride has start.

Depending on elapsed time between door open and close (how long it takes you to get into the room) it can play a long or short intro.

From there, it chooses from a series of 6 scenes to play while it waits for the right timing based on the ride start. If it exhausts these scenes before ride starts it'll switch to the dreaded holding message.

It'll resume the show and play the same matching scene every time once the ride starts.
Finally had the shortest version possible today. Amazing how quick it can be when things are running smoothly on the other side.

Doot doot doot... more factoids...

There's 4 scents used in the main show. However, they're not just pumped in for a particular scene. Rather they're mixed in various ratios to compliment multiple scenes.

Fresh Air
Forest (dirt)
Water
"Kharma" (the pink flowers in the cave)

So when you're flying around and go into the cave you'll get Forest and Kharma, but when going through the treetops it's Forest and Fresh Air, on the ocean it's Fresh Air and Water. Stuff like that.

As for the vehicle/banshee movement, it's "breathing" and then each of the wings has its own control to be extended or retracted, and to move at any given speed. So as you're flapping around and make a tight turn or flap backwards the sensation changes.

As for the water sprays, they're not not all synchronized to spray the same way. They are grouped and timed to align with the location of the source.

For the sit-down and link process, the show is running off "hey, you should be seated" - "one set of this level is locked into place" - and "whole level is locked in place and awaiting other theater levels." It has different modes/displays/content and levels of effects for each.

Doot doot doot... more factoids...

There's 4 scents used in the main show. However, they're not just pumped in for a particular scene. Rather they're mixed in various ratios to compliment multiple scenes.

Fresh Air
Forest (dirt)
Water
"Kharma" (the pink flowers in the cave)

So when you're flying around and go into the cave you'll get Forest and Kharma, but when going through the treetops it's Forest and Fresh Air, on the ocean it's Fresh Air and Water. Stuff like that.

As for the vehicle/banshee movement, it's "breathing" and then each of the wings has its own control to be extended or retracted, and to move at any given speed. So as you're flapping around and make a tight turn or flap backwards the sensation changes.

As for the water sprays, they're not not all synchronized to spray the same way. They are grouped and timed to align with the location of the source.

For the sit-down and link process, the show is running off "hey, you should be seated" - "one set of this level is locked into place" - and "whole level is locked in place and awaiting other theater levels." It has different modes/displays/content and levels of effects for each.
Strange question, I noticed that dirt smell throughout the land..It seemed to be coming off of lillies throughout...Anyone know the name of them...Or some of the plants used in the park?

Hi everyone! I really haven't followed much about Pandora, but I am looking to go to Animal Kingdom next week. I heard they open the park earlier than what it says on their hours. I'm the type of person where I will be first in line to ride whatever ride I'm going to first. So with a park opening set at 9am, what should I expect? We plan on going straight to Flight of Passage.