Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm always able to get a FastPass for FoP the day of, usually they appear around 10am. I have to refresh the app (about 38 thousand times.) But that's for a party of one keep in mind.

I do that all the time btw. I got a party of two on Toy Story Midway a couple weeks ago on a Saturday night for just 1 hour away. Just gotta keep refreshing. Over and over and over and over and over.

The trick is to pick a time for something else, swipe the times bar right or left to force it to load more times for that attraction, then select the back button, if the one you want is still not available, pick any other attraction, and repeat, forever, until one appears.

I'm so good at it I do it in my sleep now.

Reactions: Joel
I'm always able to get a FastPass for FoP the day of, usually they appear around 10am. I have to refresh the app (about 38 thousand times.) But that's for a party of one keep in mind.

I do that all the time btw. I got a party of two on Toy Story Midway a couple weeks ago on a Saturday night for just 1 hour away. Just gotta keep refreshing. Over and over and over and over and over.

The trick is to pick a time for something else, swipe the times bar right or left to force it to load more times for that attraction, then select the back button, if the one you want is still not available, pick any other attraction, and repeat, forever, until one appears.

I'm so good at it I do it in my sleep now.
Getting a FP for Toy Story Mania, even for a large group has become fairly easy these days. I get one for our group of anywhere from 4-6 day of every time we go. Of course the standby line is also very short at the end of the night for TSMM with both Fantasmic and SW fireworks going on. It's normally a walk-on.

FoP is a completely different beast, however.

and just as people were finally getting accustomed to FP+, they might all have to start the learning curve over again. Oh, the unhappy throngs....And yes, I think it will happen. I speculated that scenario a few months ago also on one of the SWL/DHS threads. Disney is looking for a new major theme park revenue source. And frankly, with so many hotel rooms and so many tourists visiting their resorts, it's inevitable that new attractions get overwhelmed with early shut down of fastpasses and long stand by lines. Star Wars will be the stick that breaks the free fastpass back. There is no way the present system will be able to handle demand for those two attractions.

Reactions: SeventyOne
and just as people were finally getting accustomed to FP+, they might all have to start the learning curve over again. Oh, the unhappy throngs....And yes, I think it will happen. I speculated that scenario a few months ago also on one of the SWL/DHS threads. Disney is looking for a new major theme park revenue source. And frankly, with so many hotel rooms and so many tourists visiting their resorts, it's inevitable that new attractions get overwhelmed with early shut down of fastpasses and long stand by lines. Star Wars will be the stick that breaks the free fastpass back. There is no way the present system will be able to handle demand for those two attractions.
It really is only a matter of when at this point.

Reactions: Joel and SeventyOne
tumblr_inline_nh2mdmEYH51t5wl3j.jpg

The wait times must be the popularity.

I wonder what exactly is causing the problem with Flight of Passage. I know here was talk of overheating issues with the ride system back when the land first opened; is that still causing them problems?

The only other thing I can think of is that the link chairs are acting up; there's so much that goes on in the chairs themselves that I could see plenty of problems arising.

Well, 2/3 of one theater is 4 groups, so that means 2 of the lifts are working - suggesting it's not the vertical lifts.

And individual seats can be taken offline - they just skip them when loading. I guess if you have several out then it's easier to scrap the whole group rather than put people every other chair or so.

But since if capacity was that low I'd assume they'd deal with skipping every other chair if they needed to, so that points to the "vehicles" or gondolas or whatever they're called.

Well I booked my next Disney trip...won't be going until January. Plan to hit AK on a Thursday. Wondering if I should still try to get FP for FOP, or wait in line.

Well I booked my next Disney trip...won't be going until January. Plan to hit AK on a Thursday. Wondering if I should still try to get FP for FOP, or wait in line.
I say get one if you can. If not, go in the early afternoon to catch the shorter standby times. Either way, its definitely worth it to experience this ride

FP's for FOP are a myth like a moving Yeti at Everest.
Good one....:thumbsup: :lol:.......Rumor (started by me:)) NYSE is accepting futures trades for 2019,2020, 2021 and 2022 WDW Star Wars attractions Fast Passes. Today's quote is $50 per fastpass and rising. All those that can't wait until it opens will be disappointed when they find they booked a late 2019, 2020,2021 and 2022 vacation but can't ride the GESW attractions.

Last edited:
Reactions: LieutLaww
Took me refreshing for the last hour, but I got one for tonight!

IMG_1486.JPG

This will be my first time seeing Pandora at night, believe it or not. After a dozen visits now for rides, breakfasts, Night Blossoms and Lumpia, I finally get to see the glowy stuffs.