Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Grapevine says that Navi River Journey is being rethought.
I noticed the outro scene after big AA scene has been improved since my first ride during AP previews. New effects, expanded backdrop. That and the new info plaques in the queue shows they're at least trying to make improvements.

I still think giving the first Na'vi guy on the ride something to say so we know the importance of the Shaman of Song might go a long way. That and maybe an AA viperwolf that comes out of nowhere in the middle to add a slight sense of danger could help.

But, short of adding 3 more minutes of ride time, not sure they can improve guest scores much.

Reactions: Joel
The only way they could save this ride is adding more impressive AAs like the Shaman. Otherwise, I'd say it's one of the most underwhelming rides in the whole resort. 4 minutes of nothing. Barely even worth a twenty minute line.

I'd take out the scene with the fallen log and Navi in the distance and replace it with a Thanantos AA.

Also maybe a Banshee in the spinning lizard scene - maybe trying to reach out and eat one from behind some trees.

Reactions: Alicia
Navi River Journey, your Shaman of Song really struck a chord, but the rest of your ride failed to harmonize.

I'm sorry my dear, but you are up for elimination.

tumblr_nlsxsx56DU1ty3aeno6_1280.png

Adding an AA anything in the middle of the ride would go a long way in my book. Especially if it is a creature that evokes conflict (danger) like the wolf-like animal on the screens, as mentioned above.

I've heard some whiny guests complained about visibility in Pandora at night... Unfortunately they've put up some pathway lighting... How bad is it? I've heard it ruins it...

Practically speaking, is there any room for the infrastructure required to plop down some AA's? The ride takes up a pretty small footprint.

It'd certainly be welcome if there is. Even one animal animatronic would go a long way towards helping this ride achieve D-Ticket status (which is what it needed to be in the first place).

It's also interesting that they're looking at making improvements. I can't think of an example in recent memory where they've gone out of their way to do anything more than some minor tweaking to a new ride.

Practically speaking, is there any room for the infrastructure required to plop down some AA's? The ride takes up a pretty small footprint.

It'd certainly be welcome if there is. Even one animal animatronic would go a long way towards helping this ride achieve D-Ticket status (which is what it needed to be in the first place).

It's also interesting that they're looking at making improvements. I can't think of an example in recent memory where they've gone out of their way to do anything more than some minor tweaking to a new ride.
Some of the multi layer screen bits are like 10 feet deep. More than enough room to replace a layer or two of foreground screen with physical creatures.

i dont think there is and frankly i have a hard time believing this.
best thing for them to do is fix dino land

Some of the multi layer screen bits are like 10 feet deep. More than enough room to replace a layer or two of foreground screen with physical creatures.
Yeah, I just watched a video, and there does seem to be some room. I'd be perfectly happy with an animatronic viperwolf to replace the screen, even if it just looks up and growls as we pass. We already get the whole "animal passing by, notices us, moves on" schtick with the goat-like creatures later in the ride, and the disturbance of the shrinking flowers that accompanies it is more visually interesting than the viperwolf sequence to begin with.

Some rustling plants in a few scenes wouldn't be amiss, either; there's a stillness to some of the ride that doesn't feel right.

Dunno, but my understanding is that they're at a point where there's recognition that something is amiss and the ride isn't perfect nor loved by guests. Wouldn't really seem like much alone, but usually such thought about "the perfection that WDI bequeaths unto thee" is verboten. So what might happen is unknown, probably even by the decision makers. Some sort of plan is going to form.

Do a Stitch!

Think about the problem for long enough it's not a problem anymore! High five!

Fixing the boat ride will be tough. It's already filled to the brim with pointless eye candy. Adding more would be pointless. The ride needs purpose. Or at least a big WOW moment. If they add an AA, it needs to be BIG, and almost looming over the ride path. Something like the Hammerhead Rino thing drinking and as the boat goes by it raises it's head to look down at you as you pass.

Reactions: Blaw923 and Alicia
Fixing the boat ride will be tough. It's already filled to the brim with pointless eye candy. Adding more would be pointless. The ride needs purpose. Or at least a big WOW moment. If they add an AA, it needs to be BIG, and almost looming over the ride path. Something like the Hammerhead Rino thing drinking and as the boat goes by it raises it's head to look down at you as you pass.

And the ride has already gone through one late state redevelopment. I say they let it be, personally. Cut their losses.

Reactions: Disneyhead