Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They could always make it twice as long by using the parking lot behind the ride building. You know, the original plans.

I looked at that and it looks like they put a lot of infrastructure for the land behind and at the end of the building. If that's true, it would take a lot more work to make it happen.

I looked at that and it looks like they put a lot of infrastructure for the land behind and at the end of the building. If that's true, it would take a lot more work to make it happen.
It's not a rumor or something that's going to happen, I was just sort of sarcastically pointing out what we could have had.

Of course ride time doesn't really matter if a ride is as boring as NRJ. Of course with a longer ride, they could've told a more cohesive story (as right now there isn't one), but i'm not sure a longer ride would've meant better.

This is what could keep Pandora relevant for a long time to come. If they go through with all 4 sequels - which it seems like they've already cast the movies, finished the scripts and gotten funding for - Pandora 5 isn't scheduled until 2025.

If the movies end up being popular, Disney might end up having what they were hoping for on their hands here.

I know I'm in the minority but I watch Avatar every few months. Love that movie.

EDIT: idk how this contributed to that narrative, should've kept my mouth shut lol. just trying to procrastinate working a little longer

Going to Food and Wine at Epcot October 14 and was planning on starting the day at Animal Kingdom and checking out Pandora. Is there still a line just to get into the land? Or have things finally calmed down?

Going to Food and Wine at Epcot October 14 and was planning on starting the day at Animal Kingdom and checking out Pandora. Is there still a line just to get into the land? Or have things finally calmed down?
Definitely have not calmed down. Line to get on Flight of Passage reaches up to 2 to 4 hours within the first hour. If you are towards the front of the pack, having gotten there 60 mins before park opening you still may wait 90 mins to get on the ride. It's still kind of insane.

I would try to get a FastPass. There are suddenly lots available for Flight of Passage right now. Of course, you could always do Animal Kingdom after Food & Wine too.

If you want to try it in the morning, I'd get there more than an hour in advance.

So, like The Hobbit, they are shooting them all first. Then post producing them for yearly release.

I will be shocked if they all get assembled and released. I have little confidence in this franchise.
Eh, I think it will happen because FOX is putting a lot of eggs in this basket. And since Avatar 2 isn't even scheduled for release until 2020, they will have no way of knowing if these movies will hit or miss with audiences until it's too late.

Cameron really played everyone in order to get this to happen imo.

Reactions: Scott W.
So, like The Hobbit, they are shooting them all first. Then post producing them for yearly release.

I will be shocked if they all get assembled and released. I have little confidence in this franchise.

I can’t think of any bigger stakes in film history. If the first sequel fails, they’re going to be too invested to back out.

I have faith in James Cameron, the man knows how to break records but the public had better remember how good these movies are to watch in the cinema and not at home or they’re in big trouble.

Cameron has a great track record. He's batting a thousand.

No one bats a thousand.

There are just lots of things that feel off about moving forward with this franchise. Jimmy is notoriously "Mr. Preoccupied", but even when taking that into account, he just hasn't seemed to be very motivated to even do this. It's more like it's been his dream since high school, but after the first one, his brain is saying "Move on". But is heart is saying, "You have too, it's your dream."

Reactions: WAJAS and Frogki
I'm sure Disney was excited to hear that the new films would have a large cast of kid actors. It's like Disney knew this all along.....

I saw some article earlier today (that i cannot be bothered to find again and link - sorry, mostly because.. well.. read on..) and the next film focuses on the children and friends of the children of Jake and Whatshername Weresmurf.

Like tween age kiddos, en mass.

Yuck. Now my brain think it's Weresmurf Space Goonies and I hate it already.

I saw some article earlier today (that i cannot be bothered to find again and link - sorry, mostly because.. well.. read on..) and the next film focuses on the children and friends of the children of Jake and Whatshername Weresmurf.

Like tween age kiddos, en mass.

Yuck. Now my brain think it's Weresmurf Space Goonies and I hate it already.
Jake Sully, Neytiri and the rest of the main characters from Avatar will all be back, it's just they will end up with a new "tribe" of locals that they will work with to fight against Stephen Lang's character (the Colonel), who will come back to Pandora for whatever reason (Unobtanium? Revenge against Jake?). That's at least what I got from it.

Jake Sully, Neytiri and the rest of the main characters from Avatar will all be back, it's just they will end up with a new "tribe" of locals that they will work with to fight against Stephen Lang's character (the Colonel), who will come back to Pandora for whatever reason (Unobtanium? Revenge against Jake?). That's at least what I got from it.
Didn't the Colonel die by taking a massive Na'vi arrow to the chest in the first one?

Reactions: fryoj
Didn't the Colonel die by taking a massive Na'vi arrow to the chest in the first one?
Last time I watched it that's how it happened :lol:

But he's supposedly the main villain of Avatar 2. Sigourney Weaver is being brought back as Grace too, although that's far more explainable based on how they handled her death in the movie.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Last time I watched it that's how it happened :lol:

But he's supposedly the main villain of Avatar 2. Sigourney Weaver is being brought back as Grace too, although that's far more explainable based on how they handled her death in the movie.
Let me guess, Weaver comes back as a tree. And before the colonel drew his last breath, some meathead threw the ass hat in an Avatar machine and transfered him into an 11 foot tall pissed off, mowhawked, cigar chewing Na'vitar.