Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So FINALLY got to experience Pandora this past weekend. Here are my thoughts.
First off. We had fast passes for Flight, which was a huge blessing, as the line was 90 at 8am, and was 200 mins by 8:30.
We were able to go on the river journey first thing with a 20 min wait.

The Land...We were really impressed. The amount of detail and overall immersion is probably the best in any theme park I've been too. It may not feel as nostalgic or iconic as Potter, but it definitely feels more encompassing. Several times I looked in every direction to see if I could "see outside" of Pandora, and it was almost impossible. They did a really good job at enclosing the area so you feel like your somewhere else.

The Rides - I had super low expectations for River, so maybe that's why I enjoyed it overall. I also didn't wait 2 hours. It was kind of a harmless ride, with some pretty scenery. I do feel they could have done a lot more with it. The ride needs more AAs. Plain and simple. The shaman AA was pretty impressive though.

I tried to have average expectations for Flight, and in the end, I was pretty blown away. I'm not a fan of Soarin (especially the new movie), so I was really surprised how much I enjoyed it. Like the land, the ride felt immersive. As close to a VR experience without the VR set. I was really shocked at just how large the screen was. My only complaint was the glasses that were given to us felt loose, and I was holding on to them throughout the ride. Both my daughter and wife had the same problem. It took me out of the experience a bit.
Now would I wait 3 hours for it? Probably not. Hopefully in a few years the crowds won't be as bad.

The Drinks - Was disappointed with both beers, but I'm a beer snob. The margarita was tasty.

I didn't try any of the food, as my daughter showed no interest in eating a pod. We ate at Harambe instead which was fun and a much more relaxed atmosphere.
Glad you finally got to experience it! The margarita is good, but I heard you can now get the Night Blossom with alcohol. Gonna have to try that soon as I’m obsessed with Night Blossoms. I’m a big fan of all the food options too, but that’s something you can try next time!

6050B4C3-CBE0-49D3-91A5-9079E4BCBD17.jpeg

Glad you finally got to experience it! The margarita is good, but I heard you can now get the Night Blossom with alcohol. Gonna have to try that soon as I’m obsessed with Night Blossoms. I’m a big fan of all the food options too, but that’s something you can try next time!

View attachment 6003

I wish I had known this! It wasn't on the menu, and my wife specifically asked for this drink and was disappointed when I told her it was non-alcoholic.

The beer selections next to Everest were the best in the park. I did a double take when I saw Hitachino White Ale on the menu. That's a great theme park beer.

Reactions: Alicia
Well once SW:GE opens (hopefully) next year Pandora will empty out some

You say that, but when I went to magic kingdom the line for 7D Mine Cart ballooned immediately. Once again I had fast passes, so I was covered. However, the idea that these new rides will loose popularity once other rides in other parks open is a little silly. The majority of people going to AK will still want to go on Pandora. It will take another big ride in that park to help deter lines.

You say that, but when I went to magic kingdom the line for 7D Mine Cart ballooned immediately. Once again I had fast passes, so I was covered. However, the idea that these new rides will loose popularity once other rides in other parks open is a little silly. The majority of people going to AK will still want to go on Pandora. It will take another big ride in that park to help deter lines.
i agree
obviously once the newness dies down a bit line will get smaller but with SWGE opening next year there will be a lot more people on property
BTW you got to try the food
i think this is one of the big success stories of the land
Satuli is truly one of the best CS in Orlando

Yes, you're probably right. And that both attractions have fairly low capacity doesn't help matters. Frozen, with it's low capacity and being a fairly new attraction, still has long lines and it's tough to get fastpasses for. 7 Dwarfs, as you said, still has long lines & fastpasses are scarce. So much of this speaks to the issue of few new attractions in recent years, 26,000 on site hotel rooms, and the fastpass plus reservation system. New rides just get swamped unless they have real high capacity like the Under the Sea (Little Mermaid) attraction.

i agree
obviously once the newness dies down a bit line will get smaller but with SWGE opening next year there will be a lot more people on property
BTW you got to try the food
i think this is one of the big success stories of the land
Satuli is truly one of the best CS in Orlando
Believing I tried to convince my family but they weren’t buying it. The food doesn’t look all that appetizing on the menu board either. That didn’t help.

Reactions: twebber55
Yes, you're probably right. And that both attractions have fairly low capacity doesn't help matters. Frozen, with it's low capacity and being a fairly new attraction, still has long lines and it's tough to get fastpasses for. 7 Dwarfs, as you said, still has long lines. So much of this speaks to the issue of few new attractions in recent years, 26,000 on site hotel rooms, and the fastpass plus reservation system. New rides just get swamped unless they have real high capacity like the Under the Sea (Little Mermaid) attraction.

I went on the ride around 1:30, and at that time only 2 Avatar theaters seemed to be operating. That’s pretty embarrassing for a ride less than a year old that is super popular.

Side note...what was with all the “move around a bit” nonsense in the pre-show? By the 3rd time; I just crossed my arms. That preshow goes on forever

Reactions: UNIrd and Mad Dog
I went on the ride around 1:30, and at that time only 2 Avatar theaters seemed to be operating. That’s pretty embarrassing for a ride less than a year old that is super popular.

Side note...what was with all the “move around a bit” nonsense in the pre-show? By the 3rd time; I just crossed my arms. That preshow goes on forever
It gets longer or shorter depending on when the next room is ready for you automatically. Only once was it ever short for me, and it was nice.

The moving around is so the cameras can sense you and know to show an avatar on screen for your spot, that's all.

It is boring though... but he's already become a cult classic on social media. "And, uh, fly."

I wish I had known this! It wasn't on the menu, and my wife specifically asked for this drink and was disappointed when I told her it was non-alcoholic.

The beer selections next to Everest were the best in the park. I did a double take when I saw Hitachino White Ale on the menu. That's a great theme park beer.
SHHHHHHHH

Yes, you're probably right. And that both attractions have fairly low capacity doesn't help matters. Frozen, with it's low capacity and being a fairly new attraction, still has long lines and it's tough to get fastpasses for. 7 Dwarfs, as you said, still has long lines & fastpasses are scarce. So much of this speaks to the issue of few new attractions in recent years, 26,000 on site hotel rooms, and the fastpass plus reservation system. New rides just get swamped unless they have real high capacity like the Under the Sea (Little Mermaid) attraction.

At least for Frozen and Mine Train, we'll have Tron, Guardians, Rat, and other shiny new things in the same park. Those will all lower FP+ demand.

I don't know that AK will get another expansion in any of our lifetimes.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Went to Orlando and visited all the Parks in late Nov and Early Dec.

Animal Kingdom has always been my favorite Disney park and I was very pleased with the land. It was just jaw dropping gorgeous and very well done.

The queue for Flight of Passage was again, simply beautiful (had FP so i didnt get to experience all of the queue). Flight of Passage was a hit with me, a fun and new take on a simulator attraction, the motion felt very convincing as well.

My only complaint is that besides the Plants the land seems somewhat lifeless. Pandora is an entire world that is inhabited by wild beasts. Why not project flying banshees on the floating rocks at night or other pandora animals in the foliage. During the day time give us more shows on the street, possibly with puppets showing how ACE is helping out the animals on Pandora. It just needs a little bit more kinetic energy.

But besides that this land is one of my favorite places in Walt Disney World.

Got a fast pass for the river ride today and it’s soooo boring. Like I know they needed a calmer ride, but man it was dull.

Reactions: ChrisFL