Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We saw a lot of amazing live performers in Africa. Like every band / artist was really good, and felt authentic. I can’t imagine Disney will be able to replicate that in Pandora. Although kill me but I kind of liked the music in river journey. Maybe a show with “the tour company” practicing the Navi chants? In a chorus like performance?

Agreed, it's been complained about since it first opened and apparently they haven't tried to re-design them. I mean there's LOTS of 3D attractions with better fitting glasses out there!
The glasses for FoP were specially made to look like "Science goggles" and considering them being custom made and how much these typically cost, if DAK is looking into new glasses, they need to do some proper testing before ordering mass quantities. I could see them having a bunch of samples that they test on CMs eventually. It's just not a high priority is what I think it really comes down to right now, though.

The main issue should be easy to fix though - they don't sit well on the nose.

Reactions: jtsalien
They could easily do something similar to the raptor in JP, but themed to a Pandora creature.
The land really needs something like that so it doesn't feel so hollow. There's the two rides, Satuli and then walking around the land it just sort of feels lacking. Along the expansion pad next to NRJ they could easily add some sort of experience like that.

I was actually slightly disappointed that a walkthough, much like the animal exhibits throughout the park, wasn't included. It could have shown of the "Pandoran forests" and "Bioluminescence" while having a few animatronics or puppeteers along the way. The issue with the land is that if you don't have a FP or aren't willing to wait stupid amounts of time to ride NRJ or FoP, there's nothing to do for you in the land.

The land really needs something like that so it doesn't feel so hollow. There's the two rides, Satuli and then walking around the land it just sort of feels lacking. Along the expansion pad next to NRJ they could easily add some sort of experience like that.

I was actually slightly disappointed that a walkthough, much like the animal exhibits throughout the park, wasn't included. It could have shown of the "Pandoran forests" and "Bioluminescence" while having a few animatronics or puppeteers along the way. The issue with the land is that if you don't have a FP or aren't willing to wait stupid amounts of time to ride NRJ or FoP, there's nothing to do for you in the land.
Yep. Was back in pandora today and it’s just fine. There is literally nothing to do except try and find where the rides and canteen are. The canteen is easily one of my favorite QS restaurants in all of Orlando though.

Reactions: tankart150

I would really like a small show on the path with a cute puppet pandora animal showing how scientist from ACE are working on conserving the species on Pandora. Or even better, a small walking trail showing what ACE is doing for pandora.

though the night time lighting needs more, why not project subtle banshee shadows flying overhead on the floating mountains, they already are using projectors to light the floating mountains up. And possibly have some projectors around the land and every few minutes have a rustling in the foliage and project a tail or paw sticking out from the foliage.

It's a Visually impressive land, all the features we where promised where not delievered, but it's an amazing place to be anytime of the day.

Also i'm going to wager that this land is going to become a cult classic like Space Mountain or Splash Mountain. Who knew there would be a banshee craze!?

Last edited:
At least play animal noises throughout the land. It’s just fake plants and rock throughout with nothing really breaking it up. FoP is a good ride, but Navi River was just a waste of space and money IMO. The final shaman is amazing, but all is before that is black like plants and hoping balls of yarn. The projections on the overhead petals were neat, but it needed more. It’s easily the worst boat ride at Disney.

At least play animal noises throughout the land. It’s just fake plants and rock throughout with nothing really breaking it up. FoP is a good ride, but Navi River was just a waste of space and money IMO. The final shaman is amazing, but all is before that is black like plants and hoping balls of yarn. The projections on the overhead petals were neat, but it needed more. It’s easily the worst boat ride at Disney.

Isn't the soundtrack in the land suppose to represent the "wildlife" sounds in the land? Was it changed?
There’s a tremendous amount of animal noises throughout the land. The best are the banshee cries that come from the distant mountains (forced perspective on the FoP show building.) They sound formidable.

There’s a tremendous amount of animal noises throughout the land. The best are the banshee cries that come from the distant mountains (forced perspective on the FoP show building.) They sound formidable.
Man, how have I missed this? I need to pay more attention I guess.

Other thing I didn’t like today was them roping off walkways to have the FOP standby line run through it. I get the line is long but having to shut down walkways to have people who aren’t paying attention continue moving forward isn’t great.

Last edited:
Man, how have I missed this? I need to pay more attention I guess.

Other thing I didn’t like today was them roping off walkways to have the FOP standby line run through it. I get the line is long but having to shut down walkways to have people who aren’t paying attention continue moving forward isn’t great.
The Animal sounds are easier to recognize when the land is less busy (if that ever happens.) There’s a lot of insect and bird-like sounds as backdrops, but we humans tend to tune those things out as background noise. Some areas and walkways feature whooping and hollering back and forth like different animals are “talking” to each other. That and the banshee screams from the back of the land stand out most to me above the basic insect background sounds.

The Animal sounds are easier to recognize when the land is less busy (if that ever happens.) There’s a lot of insect and bird-like sounds as backdrops, but we humans tend to tune those things out as background noise. Some areas and walkways feature whooping and hollering back and forth like different animals are “talking” to each other. That and the banshee screams from the back of the land stand out most to me above the basic insect background sounds.
I think I now remember the whooping, but don’t remember the banshees which is what I was wanting. Once I’m back I’ll have to listen. I need to go back at night also, but today was a single day trip and just fastpass hopped three parks.

I think I now remember the whooping, but don’t remember the banshees which is what I was wanting. Once I’m back I’ll have to listen. I need to go back at night also, but today was a single day trip and just fastpass hopped three parks.
The banshees cries are kinda sparse, and I only noticed them a couple times. You gotta be on the left side of the land to hear them. The drum circle area and courtyard is maybe the best place actually.

The glasses for FoP were specially made to look like "Science goggles" and considering them being custom made and how much these typically cost, if DAK is looking into new glasses, they need to do some proper testing before ordering mass quantities. I could see them having a bunch of samples that they test on CMs eventually. It's just not a high priority is what I think it really comes down to right now, though.

The main issue should be easy to fix though - they don't sit well on the nose.
Do you know what process they use for 3D? The glasses are awfully clear for polarized, but they dont use color-shift like Dolby does either. Always been curious.