Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

I think the problem is that Disney thinks the general public actually cares about Pandora. As if it were a real place, and people want to learn about it. People just want to ride it. They don't want to write a term paper on it.

Imagine if you went to a museum and took a tour knowing that everything this "guide" is telling you is completely imaginary, and total nonsense. That's what it feels like here. It just comes off really hoaky. No one likes to be lied to straight to the face, even if it's for amusement purposes.

I think the problem is that Disney thinks the general public actually cares about Pandora. As if it were a real place, and people want to learn about it. People just want to ride it. They don't want to write a term paper on it.

Imagine if you went to a museum and took a tour knowing that everything this "guide" is telling you is completely imaginary, and total nonsense. That's what it feels like here. It just comes off really hoaky. No one likes to be lied to straight to the face, even if it's for amusement purposes.
Interesting point. I would tend to agree with that.

Wow. I disagree with this 100%. I think it's all part of the placemaking and world-building, which is what theme parks are all about.

Wow. I disagree with this 100%. I think it's all part of the placemaking and world-building, which is what theme parks are all about.

I'm not saying I hate theme parks with extra details, I'm saying the general public doesn't care about these details when it comes to Pandora. Do we really need to know how to speak Navi? Does anyone really want to learn what the make believe jaguar monsters eat for breakfast?

I'm not saying I hate theme parks with extra details, I'm saying the general public doesn't care about these details when it comes to Pandora. Do we really need to know how to speak Navi? Does anyone really want to learn what the make believe jaguar monsters eat for breakfast?

The general public also might not care about chanting fake spells in the Wizarding Worlds or petting a fake baby Trike in Jurassic Park. But for those that do, it's important.

In that case, go enjoy the offerings in the rest of the area/park. The parks have always been known for being packed with more detail than the general public cares about.

The general public also might not care about chanting fake spells in the Wizarding Worlds or petting a fake baby Trike in Jurassic Park. But for those that do, it's important.

Right, but my point is, that Pandora isn't important to anyone really. Maybe that will change when the sequels come out, but I think learning about Dinosaurs or Seeing things that have been written about in a series of books and films is different then what's in Pandora.

Right, but my point is, that Pandora isn't important to anyone really. Maybe that will change when the sequels come out, but I think learning about Dinosaurs or Seeing things that have been written about in a series of books and films is different then what's in Pandora.
Yeah I would say a majority of people visiting Hogsmeade and Diagon want to do those things while a small % want to do anything related to Pandora when there outside of the rides.

Yeah I would say a majority of people visiting Hogsmeade and Diagon want to do those things while a small % want to do anything related to Pandora when there outside of the rides.

Right, Obviously you are going to have people that are really into it, but it's not like Potter (I mean not even close) where the general public actually has an interest for the world. I'd be interested in seeing any Potter show that UOR puts on, but I'd completely avoid a show about Pandora. No interest in learning about it.

Right, Obviously you are going to have people that are really into it, but it's not like Potter (I mean not even close) where the general public actually has an interest for the world. I'd be interested in seeing any Potter show that UOR puts on, but I'd completely avoid a show about Pandora. No interest in learning about it.

People wanna see the "Glowy crap" for Pandora. Give them more of that. :lol:

Ask any of your friends to name 3 characters from Avatar by name. You won't find many who can. Now ask them 3 Star Wars Charaters, 3 Harry Potter Characters, or 3 Nintendo Characters. Avatar is one of the biggest movies of all time that no one remembers.

Being part of the action is what makes the Wizarding World special. Being lectured about the conservation of a made up planet is not.

Ask any of your friends to name 3 characters from Avatar by name. You won't find many who can. Now ask them 3 Star Wars Charaters, 3 Harry Potter Characters, or 3 Nintendo Characters. Avatar is one of the biggest movies of all time that no one remembers.

Being part of the action is what makes the Wizarding World special. Being lectured about the conservation of a made up planet is not.

THIS. :agree:

Thanks for understanding.

More/Better Glowy Crap and some AA's in the Fake Forest would be all I need for "world building". Also too soon for a 5th theater? Need to get that wait time down bros.

but in those cases you’re actually DOING something, not just listening to some actor in bootleg power armor tell you about fake plants.

Sorry guys. This argument that no one cares about Avatar is moot now. The land has been filled for almost a whole year now with guests waiting up to 3-4 hours almost daily just to ride its signature attraction and there's plenty more people planning vacations and buying tickets to visit it. You can't say nobody cares about it when they paid to be there so they might as well give it a little more streetmosphere.

Sorry guys. This argument that no one cares about Avatar is moot now. The land has been filled for almost a whole year now with guests waiting up to 3-4 hours almost daily just to ride its signature attraction and there's plenty more people planning vacations and buying tickets to visit it. You can't say nobody cares about it when they paid to be there so they might as well give it a little more streetmosphere.
People care about the amazing theming and the revolutionary new ride . Not the universe or lectures about said universe.

Busy doesn’t mean people care about the IP. Hollywood Studios remains busy yet the park currently sucks. It’s busy since it’s a great ride and theme land at Disney World. It could have been named Sanford with purple short people riding dragons and it would still be as busy.

Busy doesn’t mean people care about the IP. Hollywood Studios remains busy yet the park currently sucks. It’s busy since it’s a great ride and theme land at Disney World. It could have been named Sanford with purple short people riding dragons and it would still be as busy.

Yeah, I'm sure when when the attendance increases for DAK come out YOY, it'll be "just cuz."