Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the idea is that it’s animals of fantasy, and there was originally supposed to be a land of fantasy , but due to budget cuts it was never built. Ever notice the dragon head at the entrance?

I know, there's a longer discussion based on this once I visit. Hence "In my humble opinion". I mean I know friends on the project and there are IU posters who worked on Pandora. But my thoughts will require a few visits and more analysis.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I just showed this video to my wife. She watches, considers it. Then finally.

"That thing is so f---ing lame. That looks pathetic."

What can I say? She has a way with words.

So, if I took a hammer and whacked the person's shoes, would they stay in character and start yelling? Sometimes, things seem better in concept than in reality.

I think the suit is cool. It's gimmicky but that's literally all of Orlando. My only problem is the dialogue. I'd rather him just walk around and not even say a word.

Reactions: TDBLMT
Now that spring break crowds have subsided, both FOP & Navii River had decent level times on their stand by lines so far this afternoon.
Tomorrow (9th) will be even lighter crowds. Disney and Universal are entering one of the few slow seasons left on the calendar.

EDIT: As to the suit and associated person inside... I think it's a cool idea in concept that was executed with what i'd call mixed results.

I do however commend Disney for adding a (much needed) second entertainment offering to the land. It's a shame that both the drum show and this are so... mediocre though. If both were really good, I think it would move the needle a bit on some peoples view of the land.

Last edited:
Reactions: TDBLMT and Mad Dog
Tomorrow (9th) will be even lighter crowds. Disney and Universal are entering one of the few slow seasons left on the calendar.

EDIT: As to the suit and associated person inside... I think it's a cool idea in concept that was executed with what i'd call mixed results.

I do however commend Disney for adding a (much needed) second entertainment offering to the land. It's a shame that both the drum show and this are so... mediocre though. If both were really good, I think it would move the needle a bit on some peoples view of the land.
I really agree with that comment. It's basically what I was thinking. Great that they realized they needed to add more substance to the land besides the attractions (one which seems to be one of Disney's best), a really good QS restaurant, and pretty scenery. But this drum show and the suit (most especially the legs and the arm's amateurish movement) are pretty poor. The drum show even seems irritating, it's so off kilter, & out of place in this setting. I really think if they would have just had the suit as an exo skeleton, it would't have come off as so comical.These two projects are nearly subtractions by addition, they're so mediocre. .....Yes, the waits on FOP should continue to improve for a few more weeks, probably hovering in the 100-120 minute range most times of the day.

I really agree with that comment. It's basically what I was thinking. Great that they realized they needed to add more substance to the land besides the attractions (one which seems to be one of Disney's best), a really good QS restaurant, and pretty scenery. But this drum show and the suit (most especially the legs and the arm's amateurish movement) are pretty poor. The drum show even seems irritating, it's so off kilter, & out of place in this setting. I really think if they would have just had the suit as an exo skeleton, it would't have come off as so comical.These two projects are nearly subtractions by addition, they're so mediocre. .....Yes, the waits on FOP should continue to improve for a few more weeks, probably hovering in the 100-120 minute range most times of the day.
i view this like i view all streemosphere
as window dressing nothing more nothing less
give me great themeing (check)
great E ticket (check)
quality food place (check)

i view this like i view all streemosphere
as window dressing nothing more nothing less
give me great themeing (check)
great E ticket (check)
quality food place (check)
Oh yes, I agree with you. They just need a better window dresser though. :) I'm one of those that really enjoys good streetmosphere. One of the reasons I always liked DHS for those great Hollywood streetmosphere shows.

Reactions: twebber55
What I understand of this low quality addition is that this person is going to bore you with "facts" about Pandora? Seriously put some AA animals in the outside portion of Animal Kingdoms Avatar-land or add something remotely fun like light up footsteps....
Maybe instead of facts it could teach Nav'i, the people were clamoring to learn it right? That is why all the translators are gone (sold out right?)
OK I have not seen it but I will make the effort to get up there next week. Maybe I can catch a soft on F&F while I am there. I mean it is a great time to be a park fan right?

Seriously Disney, all we want is a couple of 9ft tall blue people walking around. That's it.

A better version of this!

avatar-navi-warrior-jake-sully-121926.JPG

My issue with the contraption is how janky it looks. I get it. It's an exo-suit. But it MOVES like a guy on stilts wearing a cumbersome costume. Watching it come out for its spiel, it reminded me a child learning to walk with both arms in casts. I literally giggle every time I watch it.

Maybe it's because Universal knocked the Transformers out of the park, but this really just looks mediocre. It's not the coloring or concept. It's the fluidity.

Overall idea is fine... just the look is awful. Maybe if they covered the legs?

Yes...It's the legs that really mess it up. They should have just designed it so it looks like an entire exo skeleton, then it would be OK. The fake legs make it look soooo amateurish.

WHY THE LEGGZZZZZ?!!!

Seriously though, why did they do that? The original suits from the movie are all stand-up suits because they're exoskeletons; if you walk, it walks. They just introduced, for lack of a better term, a "plot hole" with who the suit's mechanics works (disclaimer: I haven't watched the footage but I'm assuming there's no controls for moving his feet).

mech.gif

WHY THE LEGGZZZZZ?!!!

Seriously though, why did they do that? The original suits from the movie are all stand-up suits because they're exoskeletons; if you walk, it walks. They just introduced, for lack of a better term, a "plot hole" with who the suit's mechanics works (disclaimer: I haven't watched the footage but I'm assuming there's no controls for moving his feet).

View attachment 6382

WHY THE LEGGZZZZZ?!!!

View attachment 6382
And watching the entire video above, the arms also make it look bad, since they just flap around with the handles the guy uses....Why not exo skeloton? Just a big miss here ....and it was a good opportunity.....Maybe they'll fix it. The crowd didn't look all that interested and there were way more incredulous looks than anything else.

Reactions: Joel