Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if this is something they knew going in because, how can ride tech these days not be past issues like this? It really is crappy how much people spend and then have to go through to get a ride on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: therock
I wonder if this is something they knew going in because, how can ride tech these days not be passed issues like this? It really is crappy how much people spend and then have to go through to get a ride on this.

I believe when the ride first opened, they ran all 4 theatres and ran into overheating issues that caused it to shut down. I think it was something they discovered, not planned for

For the amount of time and money they spend on these things, that's kind of unacceptable.
That's exactly what I'm saying. Imageneering needs new engineering maybe?? Ijs :shrug:

To add, to me its pandora as a whole, could and should have been better.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel
I seem to recall that before the ride opened there were rumors of overheating issues during the testing phase. There was a poster on these threads that said he worked on building the ride, and he repeatedly denied any over heating issues were occurring. Said the rumor was BS. Seems he was wrong. I don't remember him posting anymore since the ride capacity issues developed.

I seem to recall that before the ride opened there were rumors of overheating issues during the testing phase. There was a poster on these threads that said he worked on building the ride, and he repeatedly denied any over heating issues were occurring. Said the rumor was BS. Seems he was wrong. I don't remember him posting anymore since the ride capacity issues developed.
The fire alarm went off multiple times during that first month, which I assume was due to the overheating. I was personally there for one of them, so some sort of hearing problem was definetely happening.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Not slinky??

Actually, I was referring to the 7DMT but Slinky also took a while to get running. While I understand that Imagineering is tasked with pushing the envelope, sometimes they need to consider should instead of could. To develop tons of ideas and spend so much time on them only to shelve them because they don't work isn't the best process. I remember them saying that the pathways would react to steps but that didn't seem to materialize. Yeti, as Disneyhead stated, is non-functioning. The signature ride in Avatar can only function at 50% capacity. 7DMT length was cut in half. Sometimes, developing a ride that functions and has the intended capacity is more important than trying to plus things to the point where they don't work.

Actually, I was referring to the 7DMT but Slinky also took a while to get running. While I understand that Imagineering is tasked with pushing the envelope, sometimes they need to consider should instead of could. To develop tons of ideas and spend so much time on them only to shelve them because they don't work isn't the best process. I remember them saying that the pathways would react to steps but that didn't seem to materialize. Yeti, as Disneyhead stated, is non-functioning. The signature ride in Avatar can only function at 50% capacity. 7DMT length was cut in half. Sometimes, developing a ride that functions and has the intended capacity is more important than trying to plus things to the point where they don't work.

Out of curiosity, is there any concept art of the original layout of SDMT? I keep hearing that the length was cut in half, but I’ve never seen any evidence of it.

Out of curiosity, is there any concept art of the original layout of SDMT? I keep hearing that the length was cut in half, but I’ve never seen any evidence of it.
I saw some plans for like 3 other layouts a while back. Two even had multiple dark ride portions.

I think the easiest place to find it would be the original New Fantasyland concept art. If I remember right, it didn’t have the current version.

Reactions: HPFred
To try to not just pour onto the negative... i'll say that while it's unacceptable that it overheats, I think it's something they can probably work out (although the building being connected to NRJ may prevent it from working).

To add some conspiracy to the mix... what if Disney is purposely only running two theaters to keep the wait time high and FP+ demand high, which keeps people coming through those DAK turnstiles.

Not slinky??
Slinky worked, but the land as a whole has some major problems that according to @Marni1971 are being looked into at a high level. Mostly the no shade issues, but also other issues like the fencing issues and paint. Here is @Marni1971 quote from over at MAGIC.

It’s very un-Disney. That’s why the issues are being addressed from a high level as a matter of urgency.

It’s been recognised as a royal c@ck up.

Go to magic and look in the mine train/NFL threads from the time of construction. @Marni1971 posted the three layouts and it w as s quoted many times. The layouts have black backgrounds