Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wish that when WDW has something good on the menu they would just jack the price rather than get rid of it. I will never forgive them for removing the ear of corn from Flame Tree and replacing it with a corn muffin...

FOP 'observed'(Touring Plans) stand by times yesterday after the typical morning rush, and it was a good weather day, were in the range of 50 to 55 minutes for most of the day. Seems like this is a good time for local AP's to hit that park. I've never ever seen it that low since I've been following those TP times just about daily.

Reactions: Alicia
FOP 'observed'(Touring Plans) stand by times yesterday after the typical morning rush, and it was a good weather day, were in the range of 50 to 55 minutes for most of the day. Seems like this is a good time for local AP's to hit that park. I've never ever seen it that low since I've been following those TP times just about daily.

I’ll drop my contact a line and see if capacity has increased and downtime has been minimized.

I’ll drop my contact a line and see if capacity has increased and downtime has been minimized.
According to @Marni1971 they have significantly reduced the number of FP+ to try and keep the stand-by line under an hour.

Apparently, not being able to get FP+ thus having to wait in a 2+ hour line was a BIG issue for people. It's back to the paying stupid money and not being able to access the new ride they went to FL to ride.

According to @Marni971 they have significantly reduced the number of FP+ to try and keep the stand-by line under an hour.

Apparently, not being able to get FP+ thus having to wait in a 2+ hour line was a BIG issue for people. It's back to the paying stupid money and not being able to access the new ride they went to FL to ride.

Interesting guess they’re still having capacity issues.

Since I’ll be staying on site next week I went to make FastPasses 60 days out and they were already out of FoP passes. For 60 through 65 days away.

Luckily I wasn’t going to make one anyway, but I found that interesting. Every other attraction was available.

Reactions: JoeCamel
The fact that they are still having capacity issues with their first major E ticket ride in years is simply inexcusable. Are they still not able to run all 4 theaters at the same time because of overheating?

Reactions: therock
According to @Marni1971 they have significantly reduced the number of FP+ to try and keep the stand-by line under an hour.

Makes sense. That, combined with the lower attendance, are probably working in tandem to shorten the line. That 80% fastpass to 20% standby ratio they use for most attractions is just crazy. As I said in another post, I would think lowering the fastpass ratio down to 50% would help solve a lot of their standby line issues. There's been so many fastpass loopholes that people in the know, and castmembers, hoard them, and then the tourists get stuck with the long stand by lines, and usually can't get the best fastpasses anyway, unless they stay on site for more than 4 days.

Reactions: Disneyhead

I'm not sure if the study applies to WDW but Disneyland did an internal review/ test of the FastPass system to see if it was worth keeping around. Their results ended up amalgamating to "Yes, it jacks wait times up astronomically but people feel like they're getting a premium when they secure one." Clearly the push-back from guests finally worked in this case. I wonder if they'll proceed to limit FPs on newer attractions from here on out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog and Alicia
Honestly I’m not sure if this is something that will ever truly be fixed.
Swapping back and forth, and never running theaters at the same time has seemed to keep them from closing like they had to in the beginning, but it is less capacity than they were originally planning on.

Swapping back and forth, and never running theaters at the same time has seemed to keep them from closing like they had to in the beginning, but it is less capacity than they were originally planning on.
Ok I never had heard this before wow, the ride cant handle itself with all four theaters running??