Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
IMO - The queue for FoP is neat but IMO Gringotts and FJ blow it out of the water.

And the major problem with Pandora's immersion is not because it's on another planet, it's because it's in a jungle with literally no shops or restaurants (or bathrooms for that matter!). Hogsmeade and Diagon do shops/restaurants very well by bringing them directly out of the books and movies (ice cream shop where Harry Potter worked, store the Weasely twins opened, Ollivanders wand shop, etc.), with few exceptions. SkiBum - I think you are dead on by saying that SWL has every opportunity to achieve a high level immersion.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Here's a video of Jenny Nicholson, one of my favorite YouTube personalities, talking about Pandora for an hour. She’s simultaneously harder and easier on the land than I am, which is quite a needle to thread! She does identify some of the inherent flaws in the concept, as well as offers praise where deserved.

In any case, I think it's very funny and thought others might get a kick out of it...

Finally watched this and just decided I don't need to write a whole backstory to the origin of the land in my post I'm doing. Neat.

It's well done even if I don't agree with *some* things, but she brings up some great points about how this land awkwardly doesn't fit at all in the park.

That "Pandora Walk Through" effects track sounds pretty cool. I also think I might love the jazz version of the main AVATAR theme in "Wave."
Oh I haven't looked at it yet, but effects track is a neat idea.

EDIT: The Pongu version of "Surf's Up" reminds me of waiting in line for my Lumpia lol. I love this. Buying the soundtrack now for sure.

The courtyard in front of Pongu Pongu has party variations of Avatar score. The Canteen has direct songs from Avatar score, plus the song from Navi River Journey. The two rides have songs.

I think that's all.

I’m being facetious. A little. I mean it’s funny a land hyped to be so real there’s no need for a score now has a soundtrack released.

I’m being facetious. A little. I mean it’s funny a land hyped to be so real there’s no need for a score now has a soundtrack released.
I don’t know who it was, but whoever convinced Cameron and Rhode that there should music in the restaurants and gift shop is a genius. I’m a big fan of the Pongu mixes. After walking through the “jungle” parts of the valley, and coming across the lively courtyard with cheery music playing is such a great contrast.

Reactions: therock
I don’t know who it was, but whoever convinced Cameron and Rhode that there should music in the restaurants and gift shop is a genius. I’m a big fan of the Pongu mixes. After walking through the “jungle” parts of the valley, and coming across the lively courtyard with cheery music playing is such a great contrast.

The land needs more specific music cues and locations. FoP is actively being dragged down by a lack of soundtrack.

The land needs more specific music cues and locations. FoP is actively being dragged down by a lack of soundtrack.
Agreed on the land. The area around Na’Vi only has any semblance of life during the drum show.

FoP has a soundtrack, though, so I’m lost on what you mean there. Are you talking about the queue?

Reactions: Alicia
Agreed on the land. The area around Na’Vi only has any semblance of life during the drum show.

FoP has a soundtrack, though, so I’m lost on what you mean there. Are you talking about the queue?

And now you can buy the soundtrack via ITunes for the land and the ride. There ya go!!

They played up the animal and nature sounds before it opened in the media, saying there won’t be background music “in the land” but they meant the valley. The restaurants, stores, and rides apparently weren’t included in that “in the land” generalization they made in interviews.