Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
NRJ should also be huge capacity as well. I mean pirates and it's a small world are river boat rides with decent capacity. Wonder what slows down NRJ.

I do love that the boats are only 2 rows but wonder if that's not great for capacity. Depends on loading, really.

NRJ should also be huge capacity as well. I mean pirates and it's a small world are river boat rides with decent capacity. Wonder what slows down NRJ.

Maybe it's the increased gravity and atmosphere of Pandora..

They load at the same speed as any other boat ride - so Mexico has a higher capacity just by having more rows.
sPcRtHX.jpg

Reactions: Alicia
The fact that NRJ is only 4 minutes vs. Pirates and IASW being close to 15.

And of course the smaller boats as mentioned above.

For boatrides, boats usually pop out every 30 seconds. How far they have to go and how long the ride is usually has no bearing on the capacity - it's how fast the vehicles get through load/unload.

So when comparing a boat with 5 rows to a boat with only 2, there's a big difference in capacity. Both take 30 seconds to load and pop out.

Anywho.. Disney pinged me for a guest survey about Pandora. Not sure if they were fishing in the pot of guests who had MDE and went to AK or what - we actually futzed with an unidentified electronic device in the queue that we think was meant to be a hidden RFID scanner and i sorta accidentally unhid it.. and then stuck it back in the wall thinking i broke it (so i'd have certainly been close enough for it to scan me) - but it asked some interesting questions.

What I did, if i'd have gone to AK with or without Pandora, if this trip was replacing another day/park because of Pandora.. Also rating for pandora at night, specifically the bio luminescence, and the preshow rooms (guess which one got a poor rating?).

It's interesting. You usually have to opt in to these sorts of surveys while you're at the park. They found me somehow though.

Reactions: JoeCamel and Alicia
What I did, if i'd have gone to AK with or without Pandora, if this trip was replacing another day/park because of Pandora.. Also rating for pandora at night, specifically the bio luminescence, and the preshow rooms (guess which one got a poor rating?)

I think they already know the answers to these questions. :lol:

Reactions: Mad Dog
I think they already know the answers to these questions. :lol:

It did at least ask for some context - if I had seen the movie, if i'd consider myself a fan of AVATAR and to what degree, if i did anything else in the park, how long before my visit did I know about the area and if it changed my plans at all.

It did at least ask for some context - if I had seen the movie, if i'd consider myself a fan of AVATAR and to what degree, if i did anything else in the park, how long before my visit did I know about the area and if it changed my plans at all.
Oh yea. I got that survey right after my second visit actually. I figured my vote was negated because I put that I was a big fan of the Avatar film.

For boatrides, boats usually pop out every 30 seconds. How far they have to go and how long the ride is usually has no bearing on the capacity - it's how fast the vehicles get through load/unload.

I assume you mean hourly capacity and not physical capacity? Cause the length can make a great deal of difference of physical capacity.

I assume you mean hourly capacity and not physical capacity? Cause the length can make a great deal of difference of physical capacity.
I'm sure he does but does it really matter how many people you have in the ride vs how many you can get through the ride?

I'm sure he does but does it really matter how many people you have in the ride vs how many you can get through the ride?

Customer satisfaction. If you have to wait an hour for a ride do you want a 5 minute ride or a 15 minute ride?

It also affects park capacity and whether people are on a ride or walking around clogging up the walkways.

Customer satisfaction. If you have to wait an hour for a ride do you want a 5 minute ride or a 15 minute ride?

It also affects park capacity and whether people are on a ride or walking around clogging up the walkways.
Ok, I understand but if they can put people through a ride faster they will up GS by not having the hour wait in the first place and there should be enough rides to fill the park time so more throughput leads to more varied experiences to more GS.

Of course if the guests are in line, on the ride or in many lines then they are not spending so why would they do anything except what will get the guest out in the park and spending?

Last edited:
Ok, I understand but if they can put people through a ride faster they will up GS by not having the hour wait in the first place and there should be enough rides to fill the park time so more throughput leads to more varied experiences to more GS.

Of course if the guests are in line, on the ride or in many lines then they are not spending so why would they do anything except what will get the guest out in the park and spending?

As @epcyclopedia pointed out, the length of the ride doesn't affect hourly capacity of the ride. So if two rides, one 5 minutes and one 15 minutes, have identical vehicles and cycle every 30 seconds, they still put the same amount of people through the ride every hour. So is GS improved by the ride being shorter? Just compare NRJ to IASW or Pirates. NRJ is widely considered to be too short. And it's not just about speeding things up. The turnstiles at the front of the park have great hourly capacity, but aren't very exciting.

And this really wasn't about whats best for the park and spending. We were just talking about ride capacities.