Passholder Lounge coming to USF | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Passholder Lounge coming to USF

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I do not understand the idea of these lounges and why anyone would want to go sit in one.

They are incredibly minimal compared to other lounges I frequent, that's for sure. DVC is ok, as you can sit in a nice chair in the AC and grab a coke and a snack while the kids watch a little TV or play an X-Box in the middle of a park day. Not entirely wasted time.

But they are chintzy when it comes to the snacks- you get one every 30 mins or an hour or so. Whereas at airport lounges, you have free booze, free food, etc. And if you go to international airport lounges, you're getting complimentary massages and spa treatments.

It's clear they (both Disney and Uni) are trying to capitalize on the "lounge experience". But not all lounge experiences are created equal. Not even close.

I do not understand the idea of these lounges and why anyone would want to go sit in one.

To get out of the sun, avoid tourists, charge your phone, sit somewhere where you don't feel bad that you didn't buy food like if you were sitting at a restaurant table and don't feel rushed to get out (assuming it's a decent sized space).

This location must have been terribly unsuccessful as a gift store for them to empty it for a lounge.

On a design note, white and red... such a relaxing choice. :stun:
Animation store was ALWAYS empty when I visited. This is a much better use of the space in my opinion.

Reactions: tankart150
Maybe if enough of us ask? I hope so too. It’s nice and cool in here, and would be great over the summer.
Absolutely. They'll need to make 2 changes though:

1) Potentially change which Passholders are admitted (sorry Seasonal)
2) Reduce the current Max Occupancy of 60. I mean, could you imagine 60 people in there?

On a design note, white and red... such a relaxing choice. :stun:
Sponsored by Coke, what other choice did they have?

Reactions: SeventyOne
After speaking with TMs, it seems like this is considered a “test phase” and there’s a good likelihood that it’ll stay after January. If it’s successful that is.
I wonder if that means selling enough soda to pay the overhead? As many times as I walked by I was never aware there was an actual store in there.

I wonder if that means selling enough soda to pay the overhead? As many times as I walked by I was never aware there was an actual store in there.
Since it has a Coke sponsorship I don’t think it has to make money. Concerns may be that the space is too small, or that no one will use it. Doubt it would close because of lack of profit.

TM seems to think it’s a given that it’ll stay open beyond test. I’ll check again in a couple weeks though and see if that remains the case.

probably just don't want to cannibalize coke sales in the park by giving it away free in there......unless they do the small 1 or 2 oz. samples like Epcot does at Club Cool.