Peacock (Streaming Service) | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Peacock (Streaming Service)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They have another spin-off coming (BD: Adventure) that takes place in Scandinavia that I’m hyped for.

Super excited to see Aisha back, though.

Reactions: SeventyOne
@Legacy did you hear the news? if i remember correctly, you watch this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additionally:

@Legacy did you hear the news? if i remember correctly, you watch this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additionally:
I’m good with it. A lot of the “raunch” from the British version is lacking in the US broadcast version which makes it feel a little toothless.

Peacock is positioning itself as the place for reality television though.

Peacock is positioning itself as the place for reality television though.
The thing is to me, I don't even feel like they need to focus on reality because they have so much of it going on. They are alienating people who don't care for all of that stuff (or sports/WWE or NBC Sitcoms) and my question is, where is their big original AAA show that everyone talks about on Twitter? That's what they are missing. As of right now, it's a very niche service.

The thing is to me, I don't even feel like they need to focus on reality because they have so much of it going on. They are alienating people who don't care for all of that stuff (or sports/WWE or NBC Sitcoms) and my question is, where is their big original AAA show that everyone talks about on Twitter? That's what they are missing. As of right now, it's a very niche service.

Reality/unscripted is super cheap to make, additionally, knowing NBCUniversal gets 10% gross revenue of all businesses/projects started by a cast member (below deck, summer house, real housewives contracts state this) while the cast members are contracted to their network/channels/peacock, it makes sense for the push. Whatever they lose from the show, if they have another Keeping with the Kardashians, all the businesses giving them 10% translates to roughly more than production/distribution and pure profit regardless of viewership.

Reality/unscripted is super cheap to make, additionally, knowing NBCUniversal gets 10% gross revenue of all businesses/projects started by a cast member (below deck, summer house, real housewives contracts state this) while the cast members are contracted to their network/channels/peacock, it makes sense for the push. Whatever they lose from the show, if they have another Keeping with the Kardashians, all the businesses giving them 10% translates to roughly more than production/distribution and pure profit regardless of viewership.
Oh, I know it's cheap to make. I have nothing against it and Discovery+ also basically does the same thing. Paramount+ has a lot of Reality/unscripted too, but I feel like they have the perfect split of unscripted reality and actual scripted dramas.

I enjoy reality competition shows, but I have a limit and also want a bit more substance every now and again. Doctor Death is the only show they have gotten me to sign up for and it was GREAT. Give me more of that content. I'm waiting until Bel-Air is fully released to watch it, but so far i've only heard so so things about it which sucks because I was looking forward to it.

Oh, I know it's cheap to make. I have nothing against it and Discovery+ also basically does the same thing. Paramount+ has a lot of Reality/unscripted too, but I feel like they have the perfect split of unscripted reality and actual scripted dramas.

I enjoy reality competition shows, but I have a limit and also want a bit more substance every now and again. Doctor Death is the only show they have gotten me to sign up for and it was GREAT. Give me more of that content. I'm waiting until Bel-Air is fully released to watch it, but so far i've only heard so so things about it which sucks because I was looking forward to it.

Bel-Air isn't bad but its Riverdale level over the top which makes it annoying especially regarding Carlton. They definitely targeted the show to those who like All American, Riverdale, Empire, and Power.

There's a good deal going on for Peacock going on from today to Monday. $0.99/month for 12 months so only $12 for an entire year of Peacock Premium (with ads).

This is the first thing that actually got me to purchase Peacock since the service launched. I'm used to ads with Hulu anyway so I don't mind having an ads version, especially if i'm only paying $12 for an entire year.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I got it for the BF deal...but looking at what they have.....I might only watch the office super cuts...lol

A series where Casey Anthony tells her side of the story and tries to convince you she’s not a child murderer.

I can’t think of something that’s more poor in taste or why this was made. No one asked for this.

esmeralda-640x480.jpg

Remind me why I should keep this streaming service again?

A series where Casey Anthony tells her side of the story and tries to convince you she’s not a child murderer.

I can’t think of something that’s more poor in taste or why this was made. No one asked for this.

And to film it at Universal...definitely not the kind of cross-synergy they should want.

• Wow

sounds like that awful Fox special with OJ Simpson “If I Did It, Here’s How It Happened” or something along those lines. I think negative press got them to cancel it before airing.

True Crime is one of the most watched things on Peacock...so I'm not surprised.

True Crime is one of the most watched things on Peacock...so I'm not surprised.
This really isn’t true crime though. Or at least not good true crime.

The best true crime is stories that weren’t previously widely known. You’d have to have been living under a rock to not know about this. We watched the trial in real time and it was a huge deal. This reeks of greed and “we’re out of ideas for true crime so do something that will be controversial and headline grabbing”.

I don’t care to hear Casey Anthony’s side of her BS story (the judge on her case has already said everything in this is BS as well) and it honestly is morally saddening knowing that this woman got paid to do a docuseries defending how she didn’t kill her kid but it’s her fathers fault and supposedly her kid was kidnapped.

Let me remind everyone she waited 31 days to report her child missing.

She did work there...
Nope, she sure didn’t.

She took investigators there to prove some sort of alibi, got let inside despite having no record of employment, and then led investigators around the property before admitting she had made it up and had no idea where she was going.

A lot of streaming services are so saturated with content that garbage becomes inevitable…I think Peacock might be the only one that has produced pretty much exclusively garbage from Day 1.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick
Nope, she sure didn’t.

She took investigators there to prove some sort of alibi, got let inside despite having no record of employment, and then led investigators around the property before admitting she had made it up and had no idea where she was going.

A lot of streaming services are so saturated with content that garbage becomes inevitable…I think Peacock might be the only one that has produced pretty much exclusively garbage from Day 1.
Aside from Dr. Death, it’s rough out there as far as Peacock content goes.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy