Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Peacock (Streaming Service)

But this allows them to work out issues with a select few instead of ticking off everyone.
Disney+ and Apple TV+ both had very minimal issues other than some features that weren’t included on the interface.

It should be able to handle a mass rollout while changing/updating on the fly or else someone F’d up.

And had streaming issues for a bit.
That was more of a first day server crush than anything. Everyone was trying to get on at the same time to watch The Mandalorian or just check out the service.

Disney+ also released and tested in Sweden before mass rollout.
This is true. We’re getting into semantics now though. My main point was that this would’ve been an ideal launch time to the public.

Such a huge mistake not to change the release of this service to everyone from July to now. Everyone is stuck at home right now - it's the perfect time to capitalize.
Orrrrr this all goes thru the summer and by July everyone has watched everything on Netflix and Disney/Hulu so this will shine EVEN MORE. Although I also think peak steaming time is April/May

So the SNL channel is the greatest thing ever invented for me. I’m on my dads cable subscription till I’m 25 and will totally be taking advantage of this service lol.

Looking at it a bit more several classic Monster films on there including Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, and Young Frankenstein espeically. Going to give those a watch today.Praaaayyyyy the ads are all before and not throughout the film but I worry they may be. Not super impressed with their film selection but might he limited right now. Didn’t look in their kids section but might later for the other HTTYD films.

I’ll look through a bit more and report back, I’ll see if there’s anytbing theme park related as well. I haven’t followed the news of this launch super closely so I’m not sure if more is expected but we shall see.

For people who have it: how is the film selection and how is the horror selection? Are there any glaring omissions from either? Are the Blumhouse movies on there?

For people who have it: how is the film selection and how is the horror selection? Are there any glaring omissions from either? Are the Blumhouse movies on there?
The selection is a little weak right now. They have the Shrek movies, which I haven’t seen streamable in a very long time!

Truthfully, I haven’t perused it too much. Why? As petty as it sounds, the user interface isn’t in high-def. The app looks absolutely terrible on my TV and I assumed the whole service was still so new that it was riddled with bugs.

I also don’t remember seeing Jaws, which is currently streaming on HBO.

I don't understand why the service isn't boasting the entire Dreamworks catalogue, the entire Illumination catalogue, the entire Universal Monsters legacy collection (including the deep cuts)... it seems to have a strange focus on network television.

There aren't a lot of horror movies though, but they have Universal Monster movies (with some exceptions like The Mummy and Creatures from the Black Lagoon). They also lack horror movies from beyond the 1960s like American Werewolf in London and Halloween III Season of the Witch. However, I'm pretty sure they might get on with them when it officially launches in July.

I don't understand why the service isn't boasting the entire Dreamworks catalogue, the entire Illumination catalogue, the entire Universal Monsters legacy collection (including the deep cuts)... it seems to have a strange focus on network television.

I would assume that the existing deals with Netflix and HBO are what's keeping some titles off the service.

I would assume that the existing deals with Netflix and HBO are what's keeping some titles off the service.
This is exactly it! Universal never had a streaming plan (until recently), so they made long-term deals with many different players. Parks and Rec, at one point, was simultaneously on 3-5 services.

Comcast is slowly getting all of their content back. But, it’ll take a while.

This is exactly it! Universal never had a streaming plan (until recently), so they made long-term deals with many different players. Parks and Rec, at one point, was simultaneously on 3-5 services.

Comcast is slowly getting all of their content back. But, it’ll take a while.
Yup.

When Disney+ launched they launch AROUND having mostly complete lineups to Pixar, WDAS, Marvel, Star Wars, etc. As of now, the only Star Wars movie not on the service is Solo (which will be available July 10th) and the only Disney distributed MCU movies not on the service are Infinity War (coming June 26th), and Ant-Man & the Wasp (coming August 14th). The Incredible Hulk, Homecoming and Far From Home are not available through licensing as of now on the service. The only Pixar movie missing is Incredibles 2 (coming July 31st).

The point in bringing up Disney+ is - like I said - they launched around those brands and have a mostly full catalog of them. It will take awhile before Universal gets all of it's content back so right now, it's better off for them to focus on the TV stuff and let people discover that Peacock is the home of Dreamworks, Illumination, etc over time.

And when is Peacock going to bring at least some subject relating to Universal theme parks themselves? Considering the history behind it as well as Steven Spielberg himself putting Universal theme parks on the map, it would be weird if Comcast doesn't use that to their advantage.

And when is Peacock going to bring at least some subject relating to Universal theme parks themselves? Considering the history behind it as well as Steven Spielberg himself putting Universal theme parks on the map, it would be weird if Comcast doesn't use that to their advantage.
I think this really shows an organizational flaw over at Comcast/Universal.

Disney seems to view their parks more cohesively in the company. It’s why shopDisney has parks merch, Disney+ has parks shows, parks have attractions designed as movies produced, and so on.

Comcast seems to view the parks as a separate thing from the content side. There just isn’t enough synergy from both directions. They seem to push content in the parks, but they don’t push the parks the other way. It’s crazy that there’s no Universal Parks online store (or even a Universal store in general). It’s crazy there’s no parks content or parks lore like Disney’s built.