Phase Closings | Inside Universal Forums

Phase Closings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 1, 2008
Sanford, FL
During the week after Christmas up until New Year's Day, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom are subject to reaching capacity. Once they reach capacity, they will use phased closing to let people know that are arriving at the Auto Plaza that the park is now closed due to capacity. Walt Disney World uses 4 phases.

Phase 1 - When a park has reached Phase 1 closing, Guests with Magic Your Way Base Tickets or 1-Day 1-Park Tickets, Guests without Theme Park admission, or Cast Members using Main Entrance Passes or Silver Passes to get their families into the parks will be turned around at the Auto Plaza for the park they are trying to visit. Guests that meet the above criteria will be told the park has reached capacity.

Phase 2 - When a park has reached Phase 2 closing, Theme Park admission will be limited to Disney Resort Guests*, Annual and Premium Annual Passholders, Guests that are re-entering the park in question today, and "Free Admission on Your Birthday" ticket holders and their guests. All guests not meeting the above criteria will be told the park has reached capacity and will be turned away at the Auto Plaza.

Phase 3 - When a park has reached Phase 3 closing, Theme Park admission will be limited to Disney Resort Guests*, Premium and Annual Passholders, and "Free Admission on Your Birthday" ticket holders and their Guests. Guests not meeting the above criteria will be told the park has reached capacity and will be turned away at the Auto Plaza.

NOTE: As of 10:00 AM on December 31, Magic Kingdom has reached a Phase 3 closing. The criteria listed above are allowed entry to the park, as well as Guests that have ADR's at various CSR's around the park, as well as Guests with appointments at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and/or The Pirates League.

Phase 4 - When a park has reached Phase 4 closing, the parks are completely closed to all guests and guests traveling to Auto Plazas will be turned away as well as told the parks have reached capacity.

I will be updating the thread today when and if any Phases have been announced for the other parks.

Reactions: The_Bled
Anyone in the parks are welcome to stay. However if they leave and come back and the park is still under Phase closings, they may not be allowed back in.

From WDWMagic:
Magic Kingdom currently (11:45am) closed to some guests due to capacity (phase 3). All other parks remain open.

The dreaded Spring Break week has arrived. :bang:

At least its just for a week or two depending on areas. :shrug: The summer season is what I'm worried about. :drama:

I'm worried about both, especially Summer.

According to WDWMagic, Magic Kingdom has reopened as of 2 PM.

The bad thing about universal is their bad hours during the offseason. Alot of times during offseason both parks will close at 6:00pm

On a side note here does anyone know if either Universal parks have ever reached capacity during the summer or spring break time period. The only thing I could imagine it being like is sold out peak nights at Halloween Horror Nights without the 8 additional house queue lines to suck up some of the crowd.

Wow!

I have a question have ANY of the parks this holiday season hit a Phase 4 closing? Its looking like more and more I have a really good chance of getting into any of the parks Friday. ESPECIALLY if its a Phase 3 closing like MK last year was at Phase 3 still at 6pm in the afternoon :happy:

:happy::happy::happy:

I know I'm gonna be dealing with some crowds on Friday, but it'll be worth it to see what kind of a fireworks show they will do for New Years