Phase Closings | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Phase Closings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have a question have ANY of the parks this holiday season hit a Phase 4 closing?

That's exactly what I was wondering when I read the OP.
I want that to happen just because. It would be absolute pandemonium.
I mean I've seen pics of MK during July 4th and New Years and it is insane, so if it can actually get worse than that....:yikes:

Thats why I'm actually thinking about skipping MK and try and hit Epcot or DHS for New Years, I'm sure both of those parks will be emptier, not to mention Epcot has A LOT more space.

If I could I would go to MK just to marvel at the insanity and not really do much (if anything) because I'm weird like that. But if you want to actually do something, IMO Epcot's your best bet.
At least if all the rides are packed you can just walk around the countries, see some shows, street entertainment, or eat at a nice restaurant.

Well I skipped UO today but I hit up Epcot for a little while Friday and MK yesterday, and this is my conclusion. NEVER AGAIN!

OMG, I've never seen the theme parks SOOO packed in my life, and Soarin had a 260 MINUTE WAIT! I can't believe anyone would wait that long. People were also camped out SLEEPING in the grassy areas by future world and the Imagination pavilion in order to rest before NYE. Well safe to say, we left around 5pm, went to dinner at Shutters and then I figured I would head over to Polynesian around 10 and watch the fireworks there. No can do, you had to be a resort guest or have a reservation at one of the restaurants so I got turned away. I then went to Grand Floridian, said I had a reservation and they let me in. After I parked though, me and the Mrs decided it wasn't worth it. Went to ABC liquors, got a bottle of some French champagne and chocolates, and celebrated NYE at the hotel :lol:

But I will tell you this, MK on Saturday, was pretty decent, the longest line I saw all day was BTM which was at an 80 minute wait, but otherwise everything was empty. Pirates was a 5 minute wait only.

Anyone find it weird that Disney has had 0 phase closings so far this week?

^ Yeah but IOA has never reached capacity during Spring Break . Disney on the other hand has phase closings of the MK and sometimes DHS during this period every year.

I was going to go this weekend again like last year, but the lack of dinero kinda of shelved that idea :lol: