Picture of the Day - Orlando | Page 150 | Inside Universal Forums

Picture of the Day - Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
IMG_0557.png

Briman,

You take some really good pictures!

Mookie,

It took me like 3 minutes to focus on the picture after I had crossed my eyes. But once I got it, it was awesome!
So let me get this straight... to make a 3-D picture like so, do I just get two cameras, place them side be side, and take a picture at the same time? Or is there more to this?

Mookie,

It took me like 3 minutes to focus on the picture after I had crossed my eyes. But once I got it, it was awesome!
So let me get this straight... to make a 3-D picture like so, do I just get two cameras, place them side be side, and take a picture at the same time? Or is there more to this?

Yeah that's basically it. Some people who do it that way will build some sort of contraption that will hold both cameras and rig it up so that you hit one button and it fires both cameras at the exact same time.

I only have one camera so the way I do it is take one picture of an object then move the camera over about 3-6 inches and take another picture. Then after I download the pictures, I take the one from the left side and put it on the right and the right side on the left. I usually have to do a lot of straightening and cropping to line them up which is the downside of only having one camera.

Also, if you're only using one camera then you can't take a picture with anything moving in the background like leaves blowing, flags waving, and people walking or it sort of ruins the effect.

Of course you could always just buy a stereo camera!