Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pictures from the park!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ As do I. It was so much better on repeat visits, and so intimate. I'm glad we got Transformers, but i don't like the new format of special effects stage. The cheesy "assistant" who wants to get in the act has become unbearably annoying, and i hate the ending where they pretend the guest is in the astronaut costume. Not funny after the first time. Show doesn't have repeatability.

The queue line for TF is really no different, wish they could theme it more. But Jon will have photos, never been inside of the extended queue in my life! not even for Backdraft.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a map of the ride layout of Transformers? I've always wondered about it cause I always lose direction when going through the queue.

^ I'll see if i can find it. I think i only have the actual ride layout, but ill check!

What i love about the queue in transformers is that it's the first queue in the park to TRULY and fully transport me out of USH. Even if it's long, it doesn't feel like I'm in a theme park line.

By the way, any idea where exactly all the Lucy memorabilia was transported to exactly?

By the way, going to the park tomorrow, might give a little update!

Transformers had an impressive turnaround from Special Effects/Backdraft.

...and you're right. It's surreal how nice that area of the Lower Lot looks now. I remember it was almost like a dead zone within the park a few years back. In fact, as a kid, I was always afraid of heading down there - simply because it was so isolated from everything else. Looks fantastic now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great visit down memory lane.  I miss Backdraft, but it needed so much attention compared to Japan's version.  I am glad for Transformers and the Lower Lot.

Transformers had an impressive turnaround from Special Effects/Backdraft....and you're right. It's surreal how nice that area of the Lower Lot looks now. I remember it was almost like a dead zone within the park a few years back. In fact, as a kid, I was always afraid of heading down there - simply because it was so isolated from everything else. Looks fantastic now!
I completely agree with you! And I think at times it gets way too crowded down there although that may just be me.

Currently, the upper lot is extremely crowded. Like, I've only seen it this was a few years back but it was during a busy Grinchmas day. These construction projects have made some tight spaces.

And yeah, i think the lower lot looks great! Transformers revitalized it! One sad thing though is that the Mummy ride and especially exterior and queue look sooo....what's the word. Weathered...Like, idk, looking at it earlier today, the Mummy stuck out like a sore thumb, it needs to be refreshed somehow.

And yeah, i think the lower lot looks great! Transformers revitalized it! One sad thing though is that the Mummy ride and especially exterior and queue look sooo....what's the word. Weathered...Like, idk, looking at it earlier today, the Mummy stuck out like a sore thumb, it needs to be refreshed somehow.
That's a shame, because I don't see the Lower Lot being touched for a long, long time. In fact, nothing is planned to change under the NBCUniversal Evolution plan. I think they've exhausted their budget for that area for quite a while.

Well, just like Disney, yearly refurbishments, like what USH does with Jurassic Park, are factored into their maintenance and refurbishment budgets, it's almost always separate from "expansion" or redo projects. I can definitely see Universal touching up the Mummy and the queue at least a bit.

From what I've gathered, the park is very "start-up" like in the sense that funds are not distributed among the attractions equally. So in other words, Transformers and King Kong are probably high on Universal's list, with Mummy and Shrek perhaps further behind. It seems to be common that one attraction's fund is easily diverted when a flagship attraction needs attention.

That's what I meant, and the fact that the NBCUniversal plan doesn't specify plans for the Lower Lot leads me to believe that they won't be paying much attention to the area for the next few years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely understand that, but i really feel that if Jurassic Park has a yearly refurb, I'm sure Mummy will be hopefully touched up sooner rather than later. I.m guessing after despicable me opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.