Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pictures from the park!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking they might remove the large projection screen and try to scoot the DeLorean a bit further back. That room is tiny, so any incremental improvement would be great.

You didn't get a chance to go on the bridge too? Shame.

I was actually looking forward to it yesterday, but apparently they're not going over it anymore.

Yeah I want to get on it so badly I wonder why they don't get on it anymore? I'm probably going on Sunday for my birthday or Saturday I shall ask then.

Yeah I want to get on it so badly I wonder why they don't get on it anymore? I'm probably going on Sunday for my birthday or Saturday I shall ask then.
I'm guessing it's probably because of the awkward combined layout of King Kong/Collapsing Bridge. You end up driving around the area twice.

He must be the hardest working Studio Tour guide because I manage to get him every time.

Good shots, by the way. What'd you think of the event in comparison to Florida?

I love the Hollywood event! I've been fortunate enough to attend the last couple of years and have been going to the Orlando event for the past 13 years straight. Really would of liked to go to HW again this year but it wasn't in the cards with the addition of our first child. I like to use this comparison between the two events.

Orlando Horror Nights is like a blockbuster horror movie with huge budgets, over the top facades, more special effects, and more theming within the haunts and streets. Hollywood on the other hand is like a B grade horror movie. Its budget isn't anywhere near the size so its facades, special effects, and house themings are not on the Orlando level. BUT! It makes up for those by being a scarier, more creative, and overall better event in terms of haunt execution. I've literally seen things Murdy is doing in Hollywood just straight copied here in Orlando the past two years lol. Speaking of him, man do I have respect for that man. He puts on one heck of an event. I find the Hollywood event to have more substance, more soul if you will. The houses, actors, effects, and themes just click in HW where in Orlando something usually falls short. 

Take for example the Orlando and Hollywood versions of Silent Hill, The Thing, Alice Cooper, Ll Llorona, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and the Walking Dead. In all of these houses in Orlando the general consensus of most fans was blah at best. I mean I personally was beyond excited when I heard Ll Llorona and Alice Cooper were coming to Orlando. Both of them disappointed me to a certain degree compared to their HW counterparts. Silent Hill in Orlando was definetely the better looking house but man the HW one just crapped all over Orlando's. Just a superior haunt! As a matter of fact all these houses I listed were better in HW then they were in Orlando. So whats that say? Could HW do a better job with certain flagship haunts of the past like Body Collectors, Psychoscarapy, Scary Tales, or even American Werewolf in London?? 

Regardless though I love both events for very different reasons. I give credit to Murdy and his team as well as Aiello and his but most importantly all the actors who make the event come to life. Without them we have no horror nights. 

Looking at those first few photos really makes you realize how many props were reused for the Purge scarezone. Just replace the clowns with creepy mask-wearing, chainsaw-wielding freaks and cover up the colorful accents - ta da.

I was at Grinchmas this past Friday and for the first time I was in the park while it rained enough for them to open up the Globe Theater and give out free hot chocolate!

11161202186_db6be5a1b4.jpg

They also did the majority of the outdoor shows inside the theater as well which was kind of nice. At one point there were more characters inside than guests!

11161234174_99043b6b91_z.jpg

After walking around and peering over the edges of the starway I noticed that the trams had plastic sides added to keep guests dry so I decided to go on the studio tour. As I found out, not all the trams had the plastic sides so I got pretty wet haha. When we got to the grinch set we didn't stop at all. We actually went by it very fast so I only got a couple of pictures and the grinch wasn't even outside, only the whos. 

11161358953_6f708d2116_z.jpg

Towards the end of the tour we had to go past the grinch set again and that time the grinch was out but I wasn't prepared for it and still had my fixed lens on. 
11161162605_8876a6468d_z.jpg

Since it rained for half of the day I ended up buying a poncho for the first time and figured I might as well get some use out of it and wore it on JP to take a few pictures on the ride :D

11161159235_a64a4e2104_z.jpg

11161474466_cab3c7c1db_z.jpg

11161440505_a14459d0e6_z.jpg

11161436905_d45bb94ce6_z.jpg

I just touch it up in lightroom and Photoshop. Lightroom has a nice sharpening tool. Much easier to fine tune than the tool in Photoshop

All the trams have the plastic covers, just look for the handle at the top of the roof and pull down.  Unfortunately, it destroys the visibility and many guests don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.