Planet Coaster | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 14, 2010
South West FL
Okay, mods go ahead and delete this if necessary, I searched and nothing came up which I find hard to believe.
I know there's a thread watching the development of Roller Coaster Tycoon World/4 and I'm sure most are beginning to feel disappointed with the way it's turning out. After watching an Alpha Play video on Planet Coaster I can safely say it's my next choice for a themepark simulator. It looks like an incredible game and a great continuation of what made the Tycoon series wonderful as well as an improvement over it. If you need convincing go ahead and watch Nerd3's video... Anything anyone else is really excited about? The ease of customization in this game is looking incredibly exciting to me!

Last edited:
Yeh, very excited, however gotta wait for Mac release so going to be a while for me sadly. Looks a far better game than RCTW but I'll probably end up with both depending on which comes out first.

That went from incredibly annoying to hilarious very quickly. That game looks great, I've been hoping that RCTW would be something special but I'll need to look into this.

That went from incredibly annoying to hilarious very quickly. That game looks great, I've been hoping that RCTW would be something special but I'll need to look into this.

I'm still clinging on that RCTW won't be as bad as expected! As long as I can build a path in an angle other than 90 degrees I'll be content.

RCTW hasn't been released yet? Every beta gameplay I've seen makes it look like a step back from RCT3. I don't feel greedy when I say the graphics on that game should look like NoLimits 2. I'm not even a person to make a big deal on graphics, but as I said earlier, what I saw in the beta versions looked like something from 2002.

Yeh I think graphics need a step up and like you I'm not one to be too fussed by graphics. RCT3 was far too cartoony for my liking and felt like it was aimed at a broader 'family' audience than gamers. This was 2004 though.

Yeh I think graphics need a step up and like you I'm not one to be too fussed by graphics. RCT3 was far too cartoony for my liking and felt like it was aimed at a broader 'family' audience than gamers. This was 2004 though.

Agree on the first sentence. Partially agree on the second. I feel like RCTW is trying to find a balance of pleasing loyal fans as well as making it appealing to a new general audience, which it fails to do. Personally, I feel like RCTW took all the bad things from RCT3 and put into their own game. Like the food stands. I always loathed those food stands.

Agree on the first sentence. Partially agree on the second. I feel like RCTW is trying to find a balance of pleasing loyal fans as well as making it appealing to a new general audience, which it fails to do. Personally, I feel like RCTW took all the bad things from RCT3 and put into their own game. Like the food stands. I always loathed those food stands.

Agreed that there needs to be far more room for customisation within this genre of game as there is so little to be altered (outside of modding) it's laughable. I resorted to placing all stands inside buildings to hide them from view but that wears thin after a while.

It appears that Planet Coaster appears to have a greater level of for customisation what I've read/seen. I'll reserve judgement on RCTW until seeing the final product.

If it was a trade off between graphics and customisation then give me the latter any day.

Planet Coaster will have plenty of customisation, from the lighting and how its displayed ie sequencing to the colours etc. Rides will be customisable as well but that is coming later in the Alpha.

It seems like you can do a lot of detailed customization on buildings and that just really thrills me!
The sad thing about RTCW is the fact that it's had so much time but been thrown from developer to developer so what's seemingly coming out is a half baked product. It's in beta and still working out major bugs, which is something that's supposed to be done in alpha.
Meanwhile the Alpha for Planet Coaster has me wanting to play it already. I hope they have water ride options and future expansion packs, because those things really helped flesh out past generations. It's interesting that both games are being developed separately but it was both companies that did RCT3...

Also RTCW just changed to early access right before it was due for its official launch, it also has a lot of customisation available but is done differently as it uses the Unity engine.

So I bought into the Alpha and I have to say it is an incredible game even at this stage! It's obviously still missing a lot of options and features but it looks great and I can't wait for the full release to see what everyone comes up with! I've already "ridden" someone's version of the Hulk, Rockit, and Hippogriff. There's even a guy in the steam workshop who's already working on a Universal Studios clone in the game!

I saw the Disneyland Paris replica on YouTube. All I can say is WOW (And I am sure my machine wont be strong enough to run it...)

Beta comes out on the 9th....and oh yea. This is way more advance than any other theme park simulator as they just announced trigger effects for dark rides. So certain aspects trigger ride events. Meaning more high def recreations of parks

love the game so far but hate the fact that even though it hasn't released yet it already has a expansion for day one called thrill seekers